Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Not much emotion left to consider this signing. Only seen him a handful of times and looked decent, has someone linked a forum of Ajax fans getting mad? I love that shit.

No, Newcastle. The warranty for the death of a sporting career.

Apparently this was from a Dutch forum :lol:

These were the responses from the Ajax fans on r/soccer

Happy to see him go.

Served us decently, especially in 2010-2012. Will never forget 15 mei.

That being said, he doesn't fit our system. He's too limited a footballer for our midfield, and isn't a real striker either.

To be honest I'm not sure I see him being a success at Newcastle, as I don't really see what position he'd fit there.

It's not. Most Ajax fans were hoping he'd leave.

We've brought in two actual strikers this summer already, and he was already unnecessary for our midfield.

As a sort of second striker he could do decently.

Siem is not a central creative midfielder.

If Newcastle plays with an AMC he'll do fine. Siem's best period (apart from 2010) was when he was just behind Pantelic on the pitch and used the space Pantelic created for him very well.

He's a running player that can finish . A less hardworking Henderson; an inferior Müller.

He has the occasional Zondagsschot (a fluke nice shot), and is decent in combination play, but I'd never describe him as a great passer or shooter.

If you turn Siem into a scapegoat I will buy so much Sunderland merchandise that they'll be able to compete with Chelsea financially.

I won't talk too much because this is a player I've only seen in the European competitions, but he has always stood out as a decent talent. I'm fairly excited to see what he can accomplish here. His brother must have enjoyed something about the place because I doubt he'd move without making that call to him first.

Poor man's Muller is a pretty accurate desciption i reckon. Doesn't have Muller's pace to be played out wide. Good signing, hope he starts as a second striker, even though that is the only position on the field that won't have the defensive requirements Pardew places on his attacking players that would allow Ben Arfa to start...

Poor man's Muller is a pretty accurate desciption i reckon. Doesn't have Muller's pace to be played out wide. Good signing, hope he starts as a second striker, even though that is the only position on the field that won't have the defensive requirements Pardew places on his attacking players that would allow Ben Arfa to start...

He'll end up getting played as some sort of forward defender who marks opposition DMs imo.

Does someone want to explain to me why the captain of Ajax is behind relegated Leroy Fer in the pecking order for Holland?

he wasn't playing as regularly last season as before...Klaasen is the new wonderkid there who got his place (got capped by Netherlands recently too)

Cisse

Gouff                        HBA

De Jong

Anita      Sissoko

Not bad.

:lol:

aye:

CisseShola

Gouff      De Jong    Sissoko

Tiote    Colback