Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

How did Diame look in a holding role yesterday? Kind of like the idea of him dropping deeper this coming season, and playing more of central midfield role like he did initially at Wigan. Don't think he quite has the legs to get up and down as he has in more recent seasons with Hull.

How did Diame look in a holding role yesterday? Kind of like the idea of him dropping deeper this coming season, and playing more of central midfield role like he did initially at Wigan. Don't think he quite has the legs to get up and down as he has in more recent seasons with Hull.

Looked fitter than he has at any other point actually. Still clumsy.

If he had a bit more pace and could last a season he wouldn't be playing for us, he wouldn't even entertain the phone call.

Was he always so injury prone?

I don't think so. My memory suck but I'm sure it was him who destroyed man citeh in Europe and the buzz was he'd join one of the elite.

The injuries since he joined us have really derailed his career - he's a really intelligent football player and very talented from the random Dutch football I used to watch...wish he could stay fit and return to that form, he was such a good player back at Ajax.

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/siem-de-jong-gaat-voor-kans-bij-newcastle-maar-er-zijn-opties

Siem de Jong has not yet engaged in a departure from Newcastle United. The midfielder is training after a year having played on loan at PSV with England again and hoping for a new opportunity under manager Rafael Benítez.

What exactly are the plans Benítez with De Jong, is still unclear. "We do not know. The preparation has just started and it is still new round, new opportunities. Siem has never made a secret of it his intention to still succeed at Newcastle, "agent Louis Laros told Voetbal International on.

Yet Laros also realizes that the chances are quite present to Benítez choose again for others. "Newcastle have not bought a lot of new players, so I expect that there still will be some players in the near future. The club always works. Then wait and see if there is the prospect for Siem. He has never really worked under Benitez, so he must now try to take his chance. "

When the attacking midfielder to leave, he does well not to worry as Laros. "We obviously take account of that scenario and therefore continuously collect options. Those options are there now, there is regularly informed Siem. But any transfer is not easy. You have to deal with his salary, the asking price and the prospect of another club. "

Some British media reported that Newcastle De Jong has been offered at PSV, which could take him permanently this time. "That's absolute nonsense," Laros is clear, however. "I really know nothing of. Whether the club would have done behind my back, but that seems strong because I have good contacts with Newcastle. "

Hope he stays fit and does well for us this season.

:thup:

I know this guy is made of paper mache, but I feel like had he just been signed for £5-7mil after scoring nearly 10 goals for PSV after various long term injuries, people would be alot more positive about his potential inclusion in first XI for the coming season.

I obviously want us to get a decent number 10 as we can't go on with Ayoze or Diame at top flight level, and Rafas system depends on a quality #10. But I equally hope Siem gets a chance, as he is a classy intelligent player. At 28 years old though, I feel it's last chance saloon.

Forgot about this chap, obviously if he stays fit and is anything like the guy we signed I reckon he'll be useful for us this season. Hopefully he can get an early goal in the season and get a bit of confidence built.