Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

He has literally the most legit attitude from a player we've signed in a long time. I'm gutted for him and for us. I was excited to see him play and see him do his thing. He's an incredible leader and he fucking cares about football.

We really went from finally getting rid of Pardew, getting paid for it, flirting with top candidates to Carver and more injuries. So lame man.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Worried now. He's a good player but this is ridiculous.

If he had all these problems at Ajax, it suggests the medical checks NUFC did weren't very thorough.

Guest antz1uk

seriously, with all this medical science and shit nowadays, how the hell is Derek Wright still our main physio? he must have been there 30yr at least, i can remember him running on the pitch when McFaul was manager i'm sure. Can definitely remember him under Smith

Incidence rate of a recurrent sponatenous pneumothorax is between 25- 50% with most occuring within the year after suffering the first one. The club medics should be aware of that and know the likelihood was high for him to get this again pretty soon. Who the hell are our medical team? They are either crap or the club arrogantly ignore their advice blinded by pound signs. Either way it's bit us on the arse yet again. If something's  much cheaper than it should be there's usual a bloody good reason... Get well soon Siem..

Yeah must be really tough for him. I know he's still getting paid etc, but given the shortness of a footballers career and the fact he wants to prove himself in England, must be a bit soul-destroying. Hope he gets a decent recovery and gets a decent run of games when he's fit before the end of the season.

Gutted for the bloke, as it sounds pretty worrying and he's had a shit start to life here. 

But I'm not really that arsed about him not playing TBH?  I still fail to see how he'd fit in the current team.  The only slightly enjoyable thing about our team now is the pace we have going forward and on the counter.  He doesn't really fit the bill.  Lumping balls up to him, with him being asked to play as a target man for Perez is hardly going to suit him either.  So he'd just be wasted I think.   

Get him fit for next season and hopefully get an actual football manager in and maybe we will see him shine in the #10 role.

It is annoying that we spent a fair bit by our standards, on a player that will miss a whole season. 

Incidence rate of a recurrent sponatenous pneumothorax is between 25- 50% with most occuring within the year after suffering the first one. The club medics should be aware of that and know the likelihood was high for him to get this again pretty soon. Who the hell are our medical team? They are either crap or the club arrogantly ignore their advice blinded by pound signs. Either way it's bit us on the arse yet again. If something's  much cheaper than it should be there's usual a bloody good reason... Get well soon Siem..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmyufvsEP1UWckKPUXbklKg1GN00XoeCD26lkXnm7BFPlM11Mk

Guest reefatoon

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmyufvsEP1UWckKPUXbklKg1GN00XoeCD26lkXnm7BFPlM11Mk

:lol: WTF is going on there?