Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Big questions marks need to be asked about the signing policy - his record for Ajax was atrocious and should not have been discounted.

http://i.imgur.com/5r5vWbS.png

It's not s*** but it's hardly glittering in that league.

In the last four season he has averaged half the games and bearing in mind that Ajax have played in Europe every year and also progress quite far in their domestic games - thanks for the stats to back my me up though

:lol: You're wrong, that is far from an atrocious appearance record.  35, 52, 39, 47, 28 appearances in the last 5 seasons, what the hell are you looking at?

Big questions marks need to be asked about the signing policy - his record for Ajax was atrocious and should not have been discounted.

In the last four season he has averaged half the games and bearing in mind that Ajax have played in Europe every year and also progress quite far in their domestic games - thanks for the stats to back my me up though

:lol: You're wrong, that is far from an atrocious appearance record.  35, 52, 39, 47, 28 appearances in the last 5 seasons, what the hell are you looking at?

No 2, 28, 47 and 39 in the last four season - read what  I said!

You might need to make your point more clearly tbh, firstly why are you including this season when your criticism was based on us signing him?

Secondly, half the games - what you on about?

You might need to make your point more clearly tbh, firstly why are you including this season when your criticism was based on us signing him?

Fair point about clarity but you have to just look at his record over the last few years when you consider Ajax play in the Champions League (and then usually the Europa Cup in the same season) and their domestic competitions, he has only had one season above 40 games in the last 4. It was mentioned when we signed him his injury record was poor and if you count the number of games available these last four years it is well below half and even less last a quarter these last two season. You obviously disagree but we shall see next season how many actual games he plays.

Fair point about clarity but you have to just look at his record over the last few years when you consider Ajax play in the Champions League (and then usually the Europa Cup in the same season) and their domestic competitions, he has only had one season above 40 games in the last 4. It was mentioned when we signed him his injury record was poor and if you count the number of games available these last four years it is well below half and even less last a quarter these last two season. You obviously disagree but we shall see next season how many actual games he plays.

Fair enough - I just don't think the warning signs were there, last season aside.  I do think there's a high chance he'll be a perma-crock now but wouldn't lay the blame on the club this time tbh, not based on that appearance record alone anyway.  Everyone knows we like to under-pay for damaged goods, so perhaps we knew it was a risk somehow.