2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair play to Lahm if so.

International wise, he's captained the side to a World Cup victory and won 113 caps. Think he's probably right to now focus on his fitness and Bayern. I totally get the thought process behind leaving on a high.

Fair play to Lahm if so.

International wise, he's captained the side to a World Cup victory and won 113 caps. Think he's probably right to now focus on his fitness and Bayern. I totally get the thought process behind leaving on a high.

I thought maybe he could have topped it off with a European Championship in 2016. He would only be 32.

Fair play to Lahm if so.

I thought maybe he could have topped it off with a European Championship in 2016. He would only be 32.

The toll on him would be higher and his performances for both club and country would likely suffer. It's such a huge demand. You look at this Bayern team and you think they could play maximum amount of games over the next couple years.

Got a strange but very safe feeling that he's preparing to be the first player to be outing himself while still playing.

"Imposible" to do while still captain of Germany. We'll have to wait and see but I suppose it's happening and it's not too far away.

What makes you say that?

Got a strange but very safe feeling that he's preparing to be the first player to be outing himself while still playing.

"Imposible" to do while still captain of Germany. We'll have to wait and see but I suppose it's happening and it's not too far away.

What makes you say that?

Lahm gave him a very strange and safe feeling last time he was in Berlin.

Don't want to start any waves of rumours here or anything :lol:

But, it had been suggested for quite a while that he indeed is (which I have no problems with whatsover).

Was just an idea I had. Should add that I was seriously hungover while writing that in the morning, too. :lol:

What an unusual way to word that post. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Not to sound all wanky, but it's so shit that in 2014 people still have to 'come out' and that it's still such a big deal in football.

Not to sound all wanky, but it's so shit that in 2014 people still have to 'come out' and that it's still such a big deal in football.

:thup: yep. It'd be a lot less of a big deal if more people didn't feel so icky at the thought of gay athletes.

Married and has a kid.  According to this (gay-looking) site.

http://www.kickette.com/pitter-patter-philipp-claudia-lahm-welcome-a-son/

Not venturing a guess one way or another re: Lahm, but my cousin has 2 kids & was married for several years before coming out. Doesn't really mean anything other than they tried to behave as society expected for a while instead of listening to their own feelings.

Brazil's response to their worst ever day in their football history is apparently to re-appoint Dunga.

Really?  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

News doing the round, don't really see much wrong in it. Won everything except the WC (which has been the case for the last 12 years) and only went out in the World Cup because of individual mistakes. The team itself looked very good for long periods and I wouldn't mind him as long as he realized that he was extremely stubborn by not taking Neymar in the last WC and giving him some WC experience from the bench. The reason they might be bringing him in is that the manager in itself won't have much control over how the team plays as there's going to be a system put in place by the youth team coordinator Alexandre Gallo who's system is going to be implemented through every team. Also a quota of around 30, 40% will be U20 players in the senior squad in preparation to the coming Olympics and World Cup. They're trying to look at it long-term and give youth a chance and implement a system a la Barcelona although without the tiki-taka.

Do you think it's ever going to change like it should though due to how corrupt the CBF is?

Also they need to scrap the state championships as the domestic fixture list in Brazil is by far the toughest in the world.

Do you think it's ever going to change like it should though due to how corrupt the CBF is?

Also they need to scrap the state championships as the domestic fixture list in Brazil is by far the toughest in the world.

I hope it will, but I doubt it. The new coordinator for all national teams is an  ex-goalie who was part of the 94 team but who for the last 12 or 14 years or so has worked as a player agent. Seriously, he has no experience in managing a football team, yet possibly the biggest national team in the world he will. I just think it's a lose-lose situation for him, as soon as one weird guy is called up they're going to link him to it.

As for the second part, I agree, unfortunately it is a traditional thing for many so I don't think it will stop until CBF offers huge prize moneys for winners for Serie A teams.