2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ManDoon

Lawro man  :lol:

The amount of emotions he goes through. He Goes from  :bluestar: to :okay: in a matter of seconds. :lol:

http://i58.tinypic.com/5npsmu.png

Yeah Johnson's been our best German-American imo, kind of disappointed he already agreed to go to Gladbach on a free. He's probably better on the wing, or at least has been for the US. Can play left back too, just overall a really useful player and surprised he wasn't more well known before this.

Any reason? Glabach are a massive club. Huge step up from Hoffenheim.

Yeah Johnson's been our best German-American imo, kind of disappointed he already agreed to go to Gladbach on a free. He's probably better on the wing, or at least has been for the US. Can play left back too, just overall a really useful player and surprised he wasn't more well known before this.

Just wanted a league I get on tv, we don't get Bundesliga until next season. It's definitely a good move though, I was glad to hear it when he signed.

USA's "Athelete first, sportsman second" nature seems to be shifting a tiny bit. Though Yedlin is, quite blatantly, a professional sprinter. It's not healthy to be that fast.

Not from what i've seen on other forums. Superior athletes + "sound fundamentals" is their mind state.

USA's "Athelete first, sportsman second" nature seems to be shifting a tiny bit. Though Yedlin is, quite blatantly, a professional sprinter. It's not healthy to be that fast.

Not from what i've seen on other forums. Superior athletes + "sound fundamentals" is their mind state.

I agree. They need some flair badly. They have nobody to create apart from Bradley who hasn't been great

I agree. They need some flair badly. They have nobody to create apart from Bradley who hasn't been great

That player is Dempsey, but he was forced to play as a lone striker since the 20th minute of the Ghana game, and that completely neutralizes his ability to create. He needs a big target striker to play off of, which is why he's had such great success with Altidore for the U.S. team and with Martins for Seattle over the past year.

Good news is, we've got a few young players coming up through the ranks who play as creative AMs, so I'm not too worried about filling the hole.

Disappointed, but happy with the performance at this tournament. Showed more promise (and offered better play) than most of the supposedly 'superior' teams who flopped out.

The game in the U.S. is on a meteoric rise and will only continue to become more popular. The U.S. will win a World Cup in my lifetime and they'll do it before England win it again.

The US attitude is phenomenal. It's not just an underdog thing either. Scotland are crap and the public are the exact same as they are in England.

Maybe it's because we were never good, while England and Scotland used to be the dominant footballing powers. It'd be hard not to be pessimistic after falling this far.

It's a cultural thing IMO. There is something about our teams recently that have a never fall and die attitude - fight till the end and leave it all out there. You can't ever fault that.

Belgium will definitely beat Argentina IMO.

I agree, I think the European teams left in the tournament have shown a bit more than the South American big guns. Argentina play too slowly and Brazil are playing long ball when it's not natural to their game. Columbia are the exception, they've been the best team from that part of the world IMO.

The US attitude is phenomenal. It's not just an underdog thing either. Scotland are crap and the public are the exact same as they are in England.

Maybe it's because we were never good, while England and Scotland used to be the dominant footballing powers. It'd be hard not to be pessimistic after falling this far.

No-one in Scotland can remember that far back :lol: it doesn't play a part, imo, to everyone here we've always sucked.

It's a cultural thing IMO. There is something about our teams recently that have a never fall and die attitude - fight till the end and leave it all out there. You can't ever fault that.

We're class when we're underdogs, that's for sure. In sports where we're supposed to be dominant, like baseball and basketball, we're occasionally at risk of being too lackadaisical.

That player is Dempsey, but he was forced to play as a lone striker since the 20th minute of the Ghana game, and that completely neutralizes his ability to create. He needs a big target striker to play off of, which is why he's had such great success with Altidore for the U.S. team and with Martins for Seattle over the past year.

Good news is, we've got a few young players coming up through the ranks who play as creative AMs, so I'm not too worried about filling the hole.

:thup: did my tits in seeing clint up top. The setup needed a hard working grafter type up top with the creative outlet in behind. Dempsey is a terrible #9 iyam, just purely through his body language and lack of desire to constantly keep making runs & jostling with defenders. Plus Bradley did fucking terribly when he was that high up, god knows why. He did so much better as a deep lying playmaker where he could survey the field. In the #10 role he seemed to just take too many touches, or not react quickly enough.

How do you not take a back up target man?

+ honestly, despite his miss, Wondo was a much better option up there.

We're class when we're underdogs, that's for sure. In sports where we're supposed to be dominant, like baseball and basketball, we're occasionally at risk of being too lackadaisical.

I believe the natural progression is

shite

underdog (US)

contender (this stage tends to disappear in the blink of an eye)

over-confident

washed-up/shit, yet still a bunch of lackadaisical prima donna cunts (England)

We have the perennial problem of our best sports talents being siphoned off by our "major" sports: American football, baseball, and basketball (and to some extent Ice Hockey). When it comes time to focus on building skill in a particular sport, our most gifted athletes, who could develop great football technique, are still focusing on building skills in other sports.

:thup: did my tits in seeing clint up top. The setup needed a hard working grafter type up top with the creative outlet in behind. Dempsey is a terrible #9 iyam, just purely through his body language and lack of desire to constantly keep making runs & jostling with defenders. Plus Bradley did fucking terribly when he was that high up, god knows why. He did so much better as a deep lying playmaker where he could survey the field. In the #10 role he seemed to just take too many touches, or not react quickly enough.

How do you not take a back up target man?

+ honestly, despite his miss, Wondo was a much better option up there.

IMO this was Klinsmann's biggest mistake. Yeah we maybe could've used Donovan for end of game heroics, but one of Terrence Boyd or even Eddie Johnson needed to be in the squad.

Argentina v Belgium is delicately poised. Both sides have had identical tournaments. Single goal wins, ET needed in their last game, flattering to deceive. Only, Argieland have the best player in the world on their books.

This WC is slowly turning into the year Messi single handedly drags an unimpressive side to glory - exactly what the doubters claimed he had to do to truly be among the best ever.

Just wanted a league I get on tv, we don't get Bundesliga until next season. It's definitely a good move though, I was glad to hear it when he signed.

Seems mad given how many relations there are between US-Germany, Bundesliga missing a global market (:anguish:) trick there.

Argentina v Belgium is delicately poised. Both sides have had identical tournaments. Single goal wins, ET needed in their last game, flattering to deceive. Only, Argieland have the best player in the world on their books.

This WC is slowly turning into the year Messi single handedly drags an unimpressive side to glory - exactly what the doubters claimed he had to do to truly be among the best ever.

Belgium to get joy down their right wing, all night.