Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know what to make of this guy. When he can be arsed he looks like the best right back in the world, but then there's other games where he just looks like defending is meant to be done by someone else in the team. He was top class at both ends of the pitch today.

He needs competition for his spot. He's first name on the team sheet automatically. As others have said, he can be very good for us and he's always supporting attack very well. I just don't like how quite frequently he lets us down defensively, but I'm sure it's from attacking too much.

• 4 weeks later...

I like him but he's digressed massively. I know he puts in the effort he just makes thick tackles, and seems like he's out of shape or something. Terribly one paced and stopped driving balls in and floats the fuckers. Looks far off the player we signed originally. Which is par for the course for us.

At risk of coming across a twat, do you mean regressed? #alreadyatwatyoupedanticwanker

Why do footballers get people to manage their social media accounts by the way? Surely one of the easiest jobs going for the person who is doing it. I think most of our players on Twitter (Krul, Sissoko, Woodman, Janmaat, Ayoze...) all have people posting from their accounts.

Watched him getting out of his car tonight and he looked stiff, he had to stretch his calves a few times before he started walking and for the first couple of steps was definitely favouring his left foot. Maybe a knock in training today though rather than carrying an injury.

Supposedly confronted fans who booed after the game asking them why because there was nothing wrong with the performance. Lascelles supposedly pulled him away. 

Saw on the river that I was watching something was happening with the fans and a player next to the tunnel

Supposedly confronted fans who booed after the game asking them why because there was nothing wrong with the performance. Lascelles supposedly pulled him away. 

Well at least that woke him up. Maybe he'll show some of that passion on the pitch against Bournemouth now.

Janmaat is generally one of our better players but he's thick as fuck if he doesn't realise he's part of this set of wankers and feels able to confront the fans like that. Spectacularly bad judgement when we've just lost once again.

Fans thick for bothering to travel around the country supporting a club that is actively taking the piss out of them.

:thup:

Can't comprehend the mindset of anyone travelling there tonight and going on like that after the match. I say that as someone who has been and watched NUFC in many absolutely stinking performances, home and away, over the years. It's all part of being a fan but sorry, you've got to draw a line somewhere. So many are unable to do so, yet complain like that about it afterwards.

Love it when players take offence to being called s***, when fans have travelled hundreds of miles and paid a days wage to go and watch an absolutely shocking performance.

As bad as the people who travel up and down the country spending God knows how much, despite knowing what to expect as it's been the same s*** for a few years mind. Just don't go.

Watford in the cup they were singing 'we're shit and we're sick of it' and 'you're not fit to wear the shirt'. Two months later they're taking a day or two off work and spending a fortune to go and watch the same old.