Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Arnautovic was just too strong and quick for him and I assume he realised quite early that he couldn't get past him. Such a shame we have nothing going on on the left when Dummett is playing.

Anyone else not starting to get a bit sick of this guy? Was helped out a lot more by Sissoko today and still looked extremely suspect.

Don't mind him getting forward but his defensive capabilities leave a lot to be desired.

I really think he's beyond caring tbh, written all over his performances. Happy to have a go when the ball's up the other end but otherwise looks extremely disinterested, not surprised.

Last time I posted in this thread was to question his end product, I'm still not seeing it. Again it comes with the caveat that I don't see all the games, but Stoke yesterday was another 90 mins of watching him make great progress up the pitch via various means and not once delivering a final ball

He set up a few goals last season, haven't seen him threaten to do so for a while though.

He was caught out of position too much today, he came inside which meant Mbemba had to come out and cover him, Dummet did the same which meant that Colo had to cover him which allowed their players to get in behind our CB's. He's good RB, but sometimes he can be caught drifting, something which all our FB's are guilty of.

Worst of the back 5 today. Which should never be the case looking at the lineup. I think we know his limitations as a defender though but contributed nothing going forward today either.

I thought Dummett was comfortably our worst defender today. Positionally atrocious and had Colo constantly saving him.

Janmaat does seem to have a lapse of concentration in him though.

Thought Dummet improved as the game went on. Think the easiest conclusion is just to save everyone was shit with maybe the exception of Elliot.

I thought Dummett was comfortably our worst defender today. Positionally atrocious and had Colo constantly saving him.

Thought Dummet improved as the game went on. Think the easiest conclusion is just to save everyone was shit with maybe the exception of Elliot.

He did make some successful blocks towards the end of the game tbf :thup:

Thought Dummet improved as the game went on. Think the easiest conclusion is just to save everyone was s*** with maybe the exception of Elliot.

I thought the two centre halves had good games actually.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/11/selling-daryl-janmaat-would-be-newcastles-best-bit-of-business-in-january/ :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Agree with defensively poor as all he does is back off players and is poor at holding a defensive line, but...

"selling Janmaat would be Newcastles BEST bit of business in January?"

"I'd rather have Danny Simpson (king of backing off)."

f***ing hell, how on earth do these numpties get s*** like this published ?

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/11/selling-daryl-janmaat-would-be-newcastles-best-bit-of-business-in-january/ :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Agree with defensively poor as all he does is back off players and is poor at holding a defensive line, but...

If it contains words The Mag will put it on the site from what I can see

If it contains words The Mag will put it on the site from what I can see

This. Used to be a quality read as a paper publication- as an online entity the mantra seems to be along the lines of "more articles = more clicks." They had a non-entity of an article up after the derby which was just a copy and paste job on what Sunderland fans thought of the 6-in-a-row merchandise.

Used to be a NUFC -related magazine back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...