Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Our stats with him out of the team under Rafa tell their own story. Bye.

Got them to hand?

Nope. But we've won all 3 matches he didn't play in this season, and were unbeaten while he was out injured at the tail end of last season. All off the top of my head. The only positive result he contributed to was Spurs on the final day.

I'm quite surprised at the majority being happy with this. I didn't mind him at all and felt at times he was a good fullback.

Certainly, he's not top drawer, as this move testifies but overall I've got more positivity than negativity when I look back at his time here. He's certainly not failed imho.

Also, he acted with some degree of professionalism/integrity when he's clearly planned to leave since the relegation was confirmed.

I'm really surprised at the fee. In this crazy market, I'd have expected us to get £12m minimum tbqh.

Our stats with him out of the team under Rafa tell their own story. Bye.

Got them to hand?

Nope. But we've won all 3 matches he didn't play in this season, and were unbeaten while he was out injured at the tail end of last season. All off the top of my head. The only positive result he contributed to was Spurs on the final day.

I know it was a nothing game but he was excellent in that game on the last day.

I'm quite surprised at the majority being happy with this. I didn't mind him at all and felt at times he was a good fullback.

Certainly, he's not top drawer, as this move testifies but overall I've got more positivity than negativity when I look back at his time here. He's certainly not failed imho.

Also, he acted with some degree of professionalism/integrity when he's clearly planned to leave since the relegation was confirmed.

I'm really surprised at the fee. In this crazy market, I'd have expected us to get £12m minimum tbqh.

:thup:

:thup:

Agree with this, albeit has had periods of poor play that began to weigh him down towards the end of last season I think Benitez could have got a lot more out of him defensively and he was very good in attack. Sorry to see him go for a pathetic fee in todays market.

Anyone else reckon he was quite happy to stay but Benitez had seen enough and made this happen? Certainly how it appears to me.

I think he couldn't give a damn. His heart wasn't in it ever since the altercation with the fans. 

If has was obviously, definitely off from the start I don't think he would have featured so heavily in pre-season and then the first two games. I think it will be either that Benitez wanted to take a good look to decide whether he was expendable, or whether there was actually no market for his services until relatively recently (perhaps when he was dropped for Anita against Reading).

As Minhosa said, don't get the hate. He was definitely one of the better players during the hell that was the preceding two seasons to the present. I just think he got mired down by the total lack of ambition.

Decent going forward but left us exposed so many times in defence. Under Rafa, we've looked better when Janmaat hasn't played. Despie his tactical weakness, Janmaat's a decent player who may thrive in a different system. That said, I agree with others that his head hasn't been right for a while and he's looked moody all the time. Best for all parties really - Anita, Gamez and Yedlin offer us different options there.