Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

For the money that has been quoted around, Janmaat looks well worth a punt - he is nearly 4 years younger than Debuchy and looks able to support the attack well - lovely cross for the 3rd Dutch goal.

If NUFC think they will be able to pull the wool over the eyes of clubs like Feyenoord by bidding silly money, they are, as usual, living in cloud cuckoo land - Janmaart's club will know only to well that NUFC have made a decent profit on Debuchy.

Don't think 6m Euros for a player who can sign a free transfer pre contract in 6 months time is silly money to be honest, maybe a million or so less than Feyenoord can reasonably expect, hopefully we'll go back with 7m :dontknow:

Love these people who argue that what we spend on a player is irrelevant because Ashley is stingy, makes about as much sense as an Alan Pardew team talk.  Not that I actually see anyone here who has shown concern over what we spend anyway like ???

It's more that we made about £60m profit last season.  Thus far we've spent circa £8m (Perez and SDJ) and recouped £10m (Debuchy assuming reports are correct).  For a club that 'stands on it's own two feet', 'spends what it makes' and has approximately £62m sitting in the bank we seem incredibly concerned over a million or two euros here and there.

That's a different argument though, something nobody here would disagree with either.

What I'm saying is that while I'm not particularly concerned about how much we spend on any single player I don't understand this argument people keep throwing out that it doesn't matter what we bring in for a player or what we spend on a player because Ashley won't invest what he should.  If we make £60m Ashley might invest £20m, but make no mistake if we'd made £50m instead he'd only spend £10m and if we spent the whole £10m on one player no other players would come in.

That doesn't mean anyone should accept this penny pinching bollocks or start thinking like they do and worrying about exactly what we spend on a player, its just the reality of the situation with this cunt in charge :(

I think I would be more impressed if we signed this guy than either De Jong or Cabella because the temptation for Ryan Taylor to make a heroic return must be mighty a big one. That's still probably the more likely outcome as well.

Several clubs now interested in this guy, including maybe, Liverpool.

IF the club really want this player they are going to have to act quickly and get the deal done.

Using Youtube vids to judge a player is far from the best method, but seeing him in action for Feyenoord, he looks a very impressive attacking FB ; I would like to see how he handles a good winger before I judge, although he clearly has plenty of pace.

That's a different argument though, something nobody here would disagree with either.

What I'm saying is that while I'm not particularly concerned about how much we spend on any single player I don't understand this argument people keep throwing out that it doesn't matter what we bring in for a player or what we spend on a player because Ashley won't invest what he should.  If we make £60m Ashley might invest £20m, but make no mistake if we'd made £50m instead he'd only spend £10m and if we spent the whole £10m on one player no other players would come in.

That doesn't mean anyone should accept this penny pinching bollocks or start thinking like they do and worrying about exactly what we spend on a player, its just the reality of the situation with this c*** in charge :(

Spot on.