Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Very like Debuchy in attack, likes to get forward, hit/miss crossing, good in the air and likes to put a tackle in. Not sure how great he is defensively but didn't embarrass himself.

Would prefer Isla.. or why not both considering we could put Isla on the wing.  :idiot2: I know, madness.

From the looks of it he would suit Pardew far more so than someone like Isla or Aurier.

Oh I am thinking Isla over Payet/HBA.

"A defender that plays also in midfield? You mean I can play two defenders on the right side?" :smitten: :pards:

Guest chopey

Why would Isla ever want to leave Juve for us? Surely he can't be making less money over there?

dunno like Ashley Cole is on £37k a week at Roma

Why would Isla ever want to leave Juve for us? Surely he can't be making less money over there?

:lol:

Players move here to put themselves in the shop window and hope to move to a bigger club. Isla moving here ....

Got another million on his price tag tonight. That's us out then

Yep, we could have done without him making an appearance really, I would imagine that will up the price a bit.

Guest firetotheworks

Janmaat? Yes, he's acceptable. Heck, he's more than acceptable, he's adequately satisfactory!

The two clubs are currently far apart in their valuation of the Netherlands right-back, though the Magpies are confident they can secure a discount by paying all money up front

By William Joyce

Newcastle United have had an opening bid of £4.7 million for Netherlands international Daryl Janmaat rejected by Feyenoord, Goal understands.

The 24-year-old right-back has been on the Magpies' radar for several months and the impending departure of Mathieu Debuchy to Arsenal has prompted them to step up their interest.

NEWCASTLE LATEST

But their opening offer is some way short of Feyenoord's own valuation of £8.7m.

However, the club still hope to broker a deal for less than £8m given their policy of paying fees in full; the Magpies often get reductions in the overall price given how rare it is in football that all fees are paid up front.

Feyenoord are standing firm in their negotiations with Premier League clubs so far this summer, and are holding out for £8m for Southampton target Graziano Pelle.

Despite their move for Janmaat, Newcastle still have an interest in Manchester City's Micah Richards, who can also play in central defence.

The north-east club, who have already successfully landed Ayoze Perez, Jack Colback and Siem De Jong, hope to have deals for Janmaat and their current top transfer target Remy Cabella sealed within the next week.

The Magpies recently lodged a bid worth around £9.5m for the Montpellier and France midfielder, having failed to sign him in January and prior to the World Cup.

What a surprise we start with a derisory bid.

In 6 months he can sign with someone for nowt so I wouldn't say 6m Euro's is derisory.  They can't seriously think they'll get 11m Euros for a right back who's off for nothing if he doesn't leave this window.

Having said that, we should be prepared to meet them somewhere in the middle, but I'd be very surprised if we do.

The two clubs are currently far apart in their valuation of the Netherlands right-back, though the Magpies are confident they can secure a discount by paying all money up front

By William Joyce

Newcastle United have had an opening bid of £4.7 million for Netherlands international Daryl Janmaat rejected by Feyenoord, Goal understands.

The 24-year-old right-back has been on the Magpies' radar for several months and the impending departure of Mathieu Debuchy to Arsenal has prompted them to step up their interest.

NEWCASTLE LATEST

But their opening offer is some way short of Feyenoord's own valuation of £8.7m.

However, the club still hope to broker a deal for less than £8m given their policy of paying fees in full; the Magpies often get reductions in the overall price given how rare it is in football that all fees are paid up front.

Feyenoord are standing firm in their negotiations with Premier League clubs so far this summer, and are holding out for £8m for Southampton target Graziano Pelle.

Despite their move for Janmaat, Newcastle still have an interest in Manchester City's Micah Richards, who can also play in central defence.

The north-east club, who have already successfully landed Ayoze Perez, Jack Colback and Siem De Jong, hope to have deals for Janmaat and their current top transfer target Remy Cabella sealed within the next week.

The Magpies recently lodged a bid worth around £9.5m for the Montpellier and France midfielder, having failed to sign him in January and prior to the World Cup.

What a surprise we start with a derisory bid.

Start low, hope he kicks up a fuss and goes on strike, go back a couple of weeks later. Rinse and repeat.

In 6 months he can sign with someone for nowt so I wouldn't say 6m Euro's is derisory.  They can't seriously think they'll get 11m Euros for a right back who's off for nothing if he doesn't leave this window.

Having said that, we should be prepared to meet them somewhere in the middle, but I'd be very surprised if we do.

I'm not that fussed either way tbh. That's a good offer for a player with 6 months left on his contract who is decent but nothing special from what I saw yesterday. Kudos to the scouts though, they keep pulling these guys from the (free transfer)  bag.

Feyenoord's asking price is too steep, our opening bid was reasonable. Hopefully there'll be a compromise.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXcQdaZDje71Rbvqp-To0xhAqY6Ih9B3RX0LYllh0gzLfi9MouKw

:snod:

He looked okay in defence, but a bit clumsy going forward.

But yeah, he looks a decent replacement for Debuchy.

Thought he looked quite accomplished on the ball personally, but seemed to have an average final ball but as i said before its hard to judge on such a small sample size.