Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

My list of fraudulent cowards is as follows:

Sissoko

Coloccini

Janmaat

Wijnaldum

It's Janmaat who has let me down the most. Going off "injured", like he did is nothing short abhorrent.

For the remainder of the season id be inclined to go with

GK Darlow

RB Mbemba

CB Lascelles

CB Colo

LB Dummett

Thats's actually a decent back 4, only problem would be actually getting them on the pitch together, both Mbabu and Dummett are hard to keep fit.

For the remainder of the season id be inclined to go with

GK Darlow

RB Mbemba

CB Lascelles

CB Colo

LB Dummett

Thats's actually a decent back 4, only problem would be actually getting them on the pitch together, both Mbabu and Dummett are hard to keep fit.

He has Mbemba at right back there, not Mbabu.

Guest reefatoon

Punched a wall at half time and broke two fingers apparently.

Hope it's his wanking hand the cunt that he is.

Would love to know exactly what went on in there

Sounds like Lascelles may have called him out on his bullshit performance

Newcastle United defender Daryl Janmaat left St Mary’s wearing a sling after an extraordinary dressing room incident.

After the Dutchman was injured in the first half he took his anger out on the dressing room wall and is understood to have broken two fingers.

Janmaat went off after an awkward fall after a defence-splitting from Sadio Mane in the first half which eventually led to Graziano Pelle scoring the game’s second goal.

It is believed that Janmaat later admitted his actions had been stupid, but it is also understood there were some strong words from Newcastle players to each other after the appalling first half display.

Janmaat is now being assessed for both injuries picked up on and off the field.

Jamaal Lascelles is thought to have been one of the players that spoke up in the dressing room and told team-mates things aren’t right at United.

And he did not hold back on his way out of the ground as he stopped to speak to the media on a day when captain Jonjo Shelvey and other senior players stayed silent.

Shelvey has not spoken to the local written Press since he signed for the club in January.

Lascelles told the BBC: “We need bigger characters on the pitch, players who care and who are going to get after each other.

“We have lacked it this season and no matter how good you are, if you don’t have that fight and hunger and desire, it doesn’t matter.

“We had Steve McClaren who is a great manager and now we’ve got Rafa Benitez, who is a great manager, so it’s clearly not that.

“It’s the players and we have to take full responsibility.

“It’s ourselves who need to change it and not the manager.

“We need to play with more heart. We’ve got flair

Guest reefatoon

I'm liking the cut of Lascelles jib.  It has needed someone to say that like and he is completely correct

Guest reefatoon

I'll be honest, when he went over I thought 'ooh that looks awkward.' He has been well dodgy mind.

Hope you said it in his voice.

http://static.bips.channel4.com/bips/orig/frankie-howerd-the-lost-tapes/articles/45a456f9-c3e7-4b57-b720-cc78edcd50fe.jpg

I'll be honest, when he went over I thought 'ooh that looks awkward.' He has been well dodgy mind.

Hope you said it in his voice.

http://static.bips.channel4.com/bips/orig/frankie-howerd-the-lost-tapes/articles/45a456f9-c3e7-4b57-b720-cc78edcd50fe.jpg

Oh no, don't.

Still think Janmaat cares like, just going through a horrendous patch of form. Punching a wall isn't the action of somebody who doesn't care, thick as it undoubtedly is

He cares, he just doesn't mark very well. He's not the worst tackler when he's one to one, it's just that it's too easy for players to slip in behind him without him noticing. I'm not sure it's entirely his fault, but he does look like he's caught out of position an awful lot.

The worst of it is, I actually think he's got all the tools to be a really top class right back. He's decent in the air, can tackle, got some pace and carries the ball forward well with good delivery. Or at least he used to. But he just gets done by players getting in behind him time and again.