Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Pancrates replacement

:lol:

I've been waiting on this one. Knew someone would say this.

Pancrate man, what a stunner he scored before evaporating into thin air the rest of the way.

People were complaining when we signed Ba? ???

A few worried about his knee, few more not sure overall and plenty only happy if he was our second striker and we bought someone else.

Reminds me a lot of this one, hope it turns out even better.

Pancrates replacement

:lol:

I've been waiting on this one. Knew someone would say this.

Pancrate man, what a stunner he scored before evaporating into thin air the rest of the way.

Comes on against Watford, runs around like a dog chasing a balloon, scores a worldy.

"He's gonna be a player him!"

Reappears the next week. Suddenly he can't shoot, pass, tackle or cross the ball.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

A few worried about his knee, few more not sure overall and plenty only happy if he was our second striker and we bought someone else.

What often gets forgotten is that in the Carroll January we needed another striker as well as Andy Carroll. But he was then sold, the mighty Shefki Kuqi came in!

I think a lot of the anger about the Ba deal was to do with that. Ba is a better player than Carroll but at the time it looked like we lacked ambition and Ba was a bit of a mercenary, but he played well for West Ham so we were all over it.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Riviere. His record is getting compared to all and sundry but he's still young. He might not be as good as Remy because he's not had anywhere near the amount of experience. He was playing upfront with James Rodriguez until Berbatov came in as they felt they just lacked that bit of experience to lead their line as they were going for title against PSG.

Nothing to be embarrassed about really.

As some lads have already posted he's a stat lover's wet dream so it's not all bad, except the dreaded "If he's any good/has ambition/has a nice wife then why is he coming HERE?"

Of course we need another striker but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just happy we have got someone with a bit of pace. We must be the slowest team in the league.

What often gets forgotten is that in the Carroll January we needed another striker as well as Andy Carroll. But he was then sold, the mighty Shefki Kuqi came in!

I think a lot of the anger about the Ba deal was to do with that. Ba is a better player than Carroll but at the time it looked like we lacked ambition and Ba was a bit of a mercenary, but he played well for West Ham so we were all over it.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Riviere. His record is getting compared to all and sundry but he's still young. He might not be as good as Remy because he's not had anywhere near the amount of experience. He was playing upfront with James Rodriguez until Berbatov came in as they felt they just lacked that bit of experience to lead their line as they were going for title against PSG.

Nothing to be embarrassed about really.

As some lads have already posted he's a stat lover's wet dream so it's not all bad, except the dreaded "If he's any good/has ambition/has a nice wife then why is he coming HERE?"

Of course we need another striker but I'm not holding my breath. I'm just happy we have got someone with a bit of pace. We must be the slowest team in the league.

There's a lot of truth in that, the whole Carroll thing put a lot of strange pressure on our next forward, and to come in for free got people's backs up.

Looking at this fella's stats in the first page, his minutes per goal ratio isn't *that* bad.

As I said last night, it's far better than the useless lump he's replacing.

:thup:

If he's not our main striker I will be over the moon personally.

Looking at this fella's stats in the first page, his minutes per goal ratio isn't *that* bad.

As I said last night, it's far better than the useless lump he's replacing.

:thup:

If he's not our main striker I will be over the moon personally.

need a top forward but most teams do ,with our i guess spending limit being off the top of my head £13 million we will score the one year left of contract players ,just throwing that in the air like  :D

Some raw pace up front to bring off the bench. Yes please indeed.

Few things more soul destroying than replacing Cisse's lack of pace and physical ability, with Shola's lack of pace and physical ability. Time after time ...

Guest Rent-A-Quote

2 unproven strikers signed so far, hope we sign 2 to keep us in the PL as well...

http://i61.tinypic.com/312tf1u.gif