Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Everything was there apart from the composure and finishing. Hope he gets more support in the future. When he dropped deeper and got involved in the build up he looked really good, which bodes well for if he plays off someone else for example.

Think we've found a striker with less composure than Obafemi.

If he creates as many chances for us as Oba did in his first two seasons, it will be a great acquisition for a decent price. Forward players who can cause havoc with pace, power, skill, and aggressiveness are so useful. The key is to have other players who can make up for whatever deficiencies they may have.

Everything was there apart from the composure and finishing. Hope he gets more support in the future. When he dropped deeper and got involved in the build up he looked really good, which bodes well for if he plays off someone else for example.

I think nerves on debut contributed, I don't think he thought when he signed he would be the main man all alone up front against Man City at home first game. He does need a goal early on his NUFC career (like all strikers do of course) to settle himself down a little. His all round game was better thank I expected today.

Gouffran II

Looked a donkey today. didn't get much support but he had moments where he could have made an impression and instead made decisions that you'd get wrong at school for.

Not sure if he's the focal striker we need, maybe that's the loan guy and he would be playing where goof was. Think him and goof are too similar, we only need one on the pitch.

Guest firetotheworks

It was one game so there's not a great deal to go on. He looks strong, fast, but rash with his decisions.

Either way if he's our first choice striker we're going down.

Agree.

Standing a guy with dubious composure up top on his own is a recipe for disaster.

It was his first game. Let's not draw definite conlusions quite yet.

Why not? Everyone declared Ba was shite after his first game and we know that view turned out to be correct  :whistle:

Guest thenorthumbrian

Given time think this lad will do well her.

Hope so, he looks willing enough but we all know effort alone isn't enough in the premier league.

Agree.

Standing a guy with dubious composure up top on his own is a recipe for disaster.

Why not? Everyone declared Ba was shite after his first game and we know that view turned out to be correct  :whistle:

I don't remember anyone doing that on here.

He's hardly Ba, like. Ba had a track record of scoring goals.

It was one game so there's not a great deal to go on. He looks strong, fast, but rash with his decisions.

Flawed but he replaces Shola so he gets a thumbs up from me.

Looked ok but don't think he will get anywhere near 15 - 20 goals.

Agree.

These are the days where I am going to miss Cajun more than any other. He was one of the few who stuck up for Ba back then and yes it was based on his goal scoring pedigree. But even if he didn't score Riviere held the ball up better than I expected and led the line pretty well considering he was the only player in the opposition half at times.

Which is why he started. Doesn't change the fact we're utterly fucked if he's starting all season.

I don't think we're fucked, we'll do well enough to stay in the premier and flog a few more players for a handsome profit next season.

Agree.

Why not? Everyone declared Ba was s**** after his first game and we know that view turned out to be correct  :whistle:

These are the days where I am going to miss Cajun more than any other. He was one of the few who stuck up for Ba back then and yes it was based on his goal scoring pedigree. But even if he didn't score Riviere held the ball up better than I expected and led the line pretty well considering he was the only player in the opposition half at times.

Rough Diamond to be sure. First touch was hit and miss at times, when it was heavy it was ugly. However, great strength and pace on show. Composure is the key word, hopefully when he settles and his team mates get to know him things will click more. He will get nothing if we don't support him though and continue to "respect" the opposition too much and play 10 players in our own half most of the game.