Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

Dont know why, but he reminds me of a bad version of Leon Best.

Leon Best was "alright", he could hold the ball up and could score the odd goal.  He was cheap and unexpensive to keep. 

But like all things, when an offer comes in, they go.  We then replaced him with a complete and total knacker, who was more expensive and on more wages. 

Guest firetotheworks

Leon Best was brilliant compared to this guy man. Even the things that Riviere can do, Best did better. I can't hate players that give it everything and don't hide, but eventually it grates on you when they're incapable of doing the thing that they're supposed to.

He's playing in a side that creates next to nothing every game, there was only a couple of decent balls into the box all game and on another day he could of scored. Every time Williamson gets the ball he lofts one into him, he's not a exactly a target man. Hate how we as fans get on players back this quick, it's not like he's been starting every single week it's his first season. It's almost like its popular to slate this guy. His movement isn't that bad at all, yes he's snatched at his shots, but don't get all the hatred.

He's playing in a side that creates next to nothing every game, there was only a couple of decent balls into the box all game and on another day he could of scored. Every time Williamson gets the ball he lofts one into him, he's not a exactly a target man. Hate how we as fans get on players back this quick, it's not like he's been starting every single week it's his first season. It's almost like its popular to slate this guy. His movement isn't that bad at all, yes he's snatched at his shots, but don't get all the hatred.

for the money we paid we should expect a standard PL striker who might get somewhere near 10 goals if he has a good season and the team is playing well, and even that's a demanding figure for a 4m striker tbh

i'll never understand what's happened to people the last 4 years, declaring player after player shite conveniently ignoring that all of them have played under one of the most diabolical coaching setups in the league and under manager(s) who are at best incompetent and at worst clueless

this lads never going to be great but if garde comes in i'm sure he'll be better than we've seen so far

This.

As a striker your job is to score goals, and he isn't doing that. Granted, we might not create an awful lot but as a consequence of that, the chances we do create then become more significant. Do we really want a guy who can't score on the end of these chances?

We've had far worse strikers in far worse teams. He is awful in an average side.

We have? I can't think of too many.

Rob McDonald pops into my head straight away.

I basically agree with this, he shows some promise for me but he has obviously missed some good chances as well.

Anyway, we're going to find out because he's going to be badly needed for the next seven games.

Dont know why, but he reminds me of a bad version of Leon Best.

Leon Best was "alright", he could hold the ball up and could score the odd goal.  He was cheap and unexpensive to keep. 

But like all things, when an offer comes in, they go.  We then replaced him with a complete and total knacker, who was more expensive and on more wages. 

Agree with you there.

Think he looks like Leon Best, but isnt as technical "gifted" as he was :-)

Leon Best was brilliant compared to this guy man. Even the things that Riviere can do, Best did better. I can't hate players that give it everything and don't hide, but eventually it grates on you when they're incapable of doing the thing that they're supposed to.

If anyone things Riviere is better than Leon Best they need a head-check.

If anyone things Riviere is better than Leon Best they need a head-check.

Best looked horseshit in The Championship, had a 5 month very good goal scoring spell, then 2-3 months when he did well in a team flying. We don't know how Riviere might turn out but I remember Best got worse abuse than Riviere and that was at a lower level.