John Alder & Liam Sweeney - Memorial Garden unveiled at SJP reception

bowlingcrofty

Guest Geordiesned

Holy shit! Just had picture of Liam Sweeney on BBC News - I was sat right behind him on the bus on Saturday!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Geordiesned/92CD00D8-E1DF-4CC2-87BD-496EC5322BC0.jpg

Think it must have been John Alder he was sat next to although have to say didn't really pay that much attention although overheard them talking about football. Recognised the picture of Liam instantly as the bus we were on (Number 21 along Durham Road in Low Fell towards Newcastle) broke down and we had to get off and get on a different bus. I remember seeing this lad (his mate had already got off earlier) sat on the back row of the bus we changed on to falling asleep. It's not the "Liam" I had thought it was originally but it seems even closer to home now.

Was there a reserve match on Saturday that they may have been heading back from?

Guest The_Optimistic

Absolutely gut wrenching news.  Didn't know these guys personally but I've seen their faces many times on away trips etc, especially John.  Always remember seeing John at the reserve games at Kingston park sitting in the bar before games, occasionally seen him walk over the high level bridge on match days.

My thoughts are with their family and friends, can't imagine what they are feeling.

RIP, you'll never be forgotten :(

Guest Geordiesned

Worked out that I think they were heading back from the Gateshead match away to Billingham when I saw them.