John Alder & Liam Sweeney - Memorial Garden unveiled at SJP reception

bowlingcrofty

Not the sort of reminder you like - but a reminder none-the-less...

Your club is your club, you follow them in rain, in sleet, in snow. Wherever they may go. No matter which set of overpaid pre-madonna mercenaries are on the pitch, which deluded, arrogant owner is in charge, or which stupid twat with more weaponry than sense tries to take that from you, it will always be yours.

That could have been any one of us match-goers.

RIP John and Liam, I didn't know you but you are part of my family.

Devestated by this news, as if the "crash" wasn't bad enough at a distance, it's brought right to our own doorsteps.

I hope the club and the fans do soemthing fitting in their memory.

(re the twitter stuff. May I suggest not posting them in here but do a bit detective work, found out which clubs they support and shame them, by name, on their own clubs boards)

totally agree Madras but you get people everywhere doing that but we should leave them out and maybe start a thread in general chat for our views on this 

It's at times like these when the irrelevance of football, and it's petty rivalries, are put into perspective.

Two fantastic fans have died in absolutely shocking circumstances doing something which seemed to come naturally to them, following their team around the world. Newcastle United have lost two of their most loyal supporters, and the people who are closest to them have endured a loss which is immeasurable. My thoughts and condolences go to the families and friends of John Alder and Liam Sweeney.

It's at times like these when the irrelevance of football, and it's petty rivalries, are put into perspective.

Two fantastic fans have died in absolutely shocking circumstances doing something which seemed to come naturally to them, following their team around the world. Newcastle United have lost two of their most loyal supporters, and the people who are closest to them have endured a loss which is immeasurable. My thoughts and condolences go to the families and friends of John Alder and Liam Sweeney.

:thup:

John slap bang in the middle of about thirty who made it to Atromitos.

7847341198_7907cf2e49_b.jpg

There was a pic like that on here showing a similar scene from La Coruna, any chance of some kind soul putting that up too?...cheers  :thup:

Just to echo the sentiments of us all, RIP two great lads and condolences to their families.

Can't believe we'll never see the iconic figure that is John the undertaker at another game. Will so miss spotting him on away trips. Must have been one of the worlds greatest fans. Sad that for all his devotion the club couldn't give him any real success. Take note Mr Ashley. This is what the club means to some, although i realize now isn't the time to talk club politics. Sounds like Liam was just as keen. Tragic.

Must admit when i heard of the plane crash i was appalled, but i was distanced from it as it seemed another news story from a far away land. You would never guess that there would turn out to be a connection with our football club and people who many of us knew of would be victims. Desperately sad.

There's a video of the plane coming down taken by someone in a vehicle very very close to where it happened. The plane is going vertically up (from close to the ground), then turns and comes crashing down. The plane is intact prior to crashing and doesn't look like it's been hit (I know the missile is designed to explode prior to impact with the target). It's on the wife's Facebook and I can't verify it but it's truly shocking.

I've seen someone on twitter post the video I believe you are referring to. If indeed, we are talking about the same clip it is actually a U.S. military place stalling just after take-off and is a few years old.

Cheers, that would make more sense. Still can't believe try tragic events.

Looks as though those on the RTG forum are going to bring up some flowers to the ground tomorrow :thup:

I've been reading this thread all day without posting, what can you say that hasn't already been said? But jesus I never would have predicted that from RTG, top work boys I'm a bit choked up actually.  O0

Lads (and lasses),

What is the key component of all your enjoyment as an NUFC fan? I bet the fans were always involved, in one way or another - the atmosphere will be a part of most of your memories.

So - my idea (on top of the idea of suits / shirts which other people suggested) is that we set up a fund for a "Supporters banner". A massive one.

My banner was around 4 metres by one and a half. If we could get like 5 or so of these and stitch them together or better still get them professionally made or something we should get a massive banner saying Bobby Robson's quote and One City, One Team, One Love or something with a Tyne bridge and football on or something.

I really think we should aim for something like this and roll it out at big games.

I would f***ing love to see a massive display of unity for these two lads.

What do you all reckon? There must be flag shops around or Ultra websites where we can get ideas re. material, etc...

Just seen this on FB:

Ground to ground, both day and night

To follow those in black and white

Cheering loud and clapping hands

Among the nation’s loyalist fans

Friendlies, cup games, not a care

If the Toon were playing, you were there

Win or lose, through bad and good

Newcastle United was in your blood

Known by thousands all around

Familiar faces at our grand old ground

Loved by many, all the lads and lasses