RIP John Alder & Liam Sweeney

bowlingcrofty

There's a video of the plane coming down taken by someone in a vehicle very very close to where it happened. The plane is going vertically up (from close to the ground), then turns and comes crashing down. The plane is intact prior to crashing and doesn't look like it's been hit (I know the missile is designed to explode prior to impact with the target). It's on the wife's Facebook and I can't verify it but it's truly shocking.

I can't believe the family are being interviewed. Horrible to watch.

The dad said he wanted to be interviewed so that everybody would know how good his son was, he might feel better as he can't do anything for his kid anymore.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-2697621/FATHER-LEARNED-TRAGIC-NEWS-ON-NET.html

FATHER LEARNED TRAGIC NEWS ON NET

By Press Association

Published: 17:45, 18 July 2014  | Updated: 17:45, 18 July 2014 

The father of a young British man on board the doomed flight shot down over Ukraine said he found out his son was among the victims on the internet.

Barry Sweeney said he was "hurt" to have learned the news from the Newcastle United Fan Club website, after spending all Thursday night trying to get through on "emergency lines".

Liam Sweeney was travelling with friend John Alder, in his 60s, to see Newcastle United's pre-season tour in New Zealand when the disaster occurred.

The 28-year-old would have been known to many fans during his time volunteering as a steward on supporters' buses to away games.

Asked how he found out, his father told The BBC: "On the NUFC.com, it had on 'sorry to hear about Liam and John'.

"I was hurt because I think we should've known. I tried to go through the legal way, ringing all the emergency lines or whatever.

"I just tried to keep at it all night hoping, to be honest with you, that one of these nine Britons wasn't my son.

"Horrible for somebody else, but you tend to think of your own when something's happened.

"Probably rather it was me sitting on the plane and not him, because he was only 28.

"I'm finding it hard to grieve at the moment, because, I don't mind speaking to everybody because everybody wants to know what a great lad he was.

"I just want everybody to know what a tremendous bloke he is."

Mr Sweeney said his wife, who is suffering from a terminal illness "cannot bear it".

He is unable to travel to Amsterdam because his passport has expired but said "I would if I could".

Later, he intends to visit St James Park, the home of Newcastle Football Club, to "be a proud dad".

He added that he had been following the news about the Ukraine crisis but was not aware planes were flying over the region.

"What you've got to hope is that the Government is getting together to stop it happening again."

There's a video of the plane coming down taken by someone in a vehicle very very close to where it happened. The plane is going vertically up (from close to the ground), then turns and comes crashing down. The plane is intact prior to crashing and doesn't look like it's been hit (I know the missile is designed to explode prior to impact with the target). It's on the wife's Facebook and I can't verify it but it's truly shocking.

I've seen someone on twitter post the video I believe you are referring to. If indeed, we are talking about the same clip it is actually a U.S. military place stalling just after take-off and is a few years old.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't believe the family are being interviewed. Horrible to watch.

The dad said he wanted to be interviewed so that everybody would know how good his son was, he might feel better as he can't do anything for his kid anymore.

I'm not knocking it at all btw. On TTTV they were interviewing the family in their garden but it was just them all crying. I'm just surprised they were able to be on T.V. It was impossible to watch it all, it seemed really intrusive, even if it was their choice.

Impossible to understand is more my point, I can't emphasise enough that I'm not knocking it.

:( This is awful.  Of course every death from this utterly horrifying and awful, but it naturally hits that bit closer to home when they share in the suffering and love of our club.  Given all the shitty news over the last few weeks, I've been seriously in a perpetual state of being on the verge of tears.

Fallen comrades :(

:( This is awful.  Of course every death from this utterly horrifying and awful, but it naturally hits that bit closer to home when they share in the suffering and love of our club.  Given all the shitty news over the last few weeks, I've been seriously in a perpetual state of being on the verge of tears.

Fallen comrades :(

They went too soon. Liam will have never seen us win a trophy. Life is short boys and girls. Love the ones you're with, and be grateful for having them next to you. Nothing else in this life matters. RIP.

Sitting here in tears reading about this man.

For a second just think if that was you. Going to watch the club you've loved all your life and never coming home. f***ing tragic.

Aye - I said this to my Mam and Sister. Last year I went to Lisbon for Benfica game alone and it could have been me...

:anguish:

I know it's not your intention neesy but there's really no reason to post things like that here.  It doesn't matter what anyone says on twitter or anywhere else, leave this thread for genuine condolence.

He's clearly a cocksucker anyways with a name like Lipscombe.

Devestated by this news, as if the "crash" wasn't bad enough at a distance, it's brought right to our own doorsteps.

I hope the club and the fans do something fitting in their memory.

(re the twitter stuff. May I suggest not posting them in here but do a bit detective work, found out which clubs they support and shame them, by name, on their own clubs boards)

I'd love nothing more than these idiots on twitter getting a knock on the door by the police, lesser comments have results in prosecution, would love to hear their lives ruined from it.

So if people insist on posting, i hope its so others can do a bit of tinternet leg work and shop these pathetic cunts.