Chucky Ferreyra

ponsaelius

Why isn't he wearing next seasons home shirt?

It's not announced is it? As crazy as that sounds.

Yeah I should have phrased the question better, it's absolutely ridiculous. All our pre season friendlies are played in the away kit because the home one isn't official yet. Even though everyone including my 90 year old gran knows what it looks like cause she figured out how to use the internet yesterday.

Think he'll become a cult figure.

He needs a chance though, which is what I'm afraid of.

Pardew was also delighted to sign Ferreyra and said: "(Fabricio) Coloccini is well aware of him and he had a big influence in Argentina.

"He went to Ukraine but didn’t get many chances. He’ll get more chances with us.

"We think he is a player who will grow and we have the option to take him on a permanent basis.

"We believe he will show the form from Argentina in the Premier League with us."

He's going to struggle from the offset with us IMO in that he doesn't appear to have outstanding physical attributes (either pace or strength) to settle in immediately. Even more so in that he's a player that probably relies on service and we're not a team that creates lots of chances.

He's probably a good player, but other than the genuine star full internationals (Aguero and Tevez) Argie strikers have struggled to make an impact in England.

I hope he does well though, obviously. We need him to to if nothing else.

I doubt he's going to win too many aerial battles from the balls hoofed from the back, but if he can hold the ball up like Luuk de Jong on the floor and contribute a few goals he could do a job as target man.

A good sign is Shakhtar are probably a top 5 club in Europe in terms of signing South Americans.

Why let him go out on loan for the season though?

Well he seems to have been a bit of a perennial sub behind Luiz Adriano. They only play with 1 striker there based on every CL game I've seen them play. Plus the whole not going back because of the conflict thing.

We've gambled on a player that has a past track record and has been signed by a club with a good scouting network, but has the added caveat of not completely settling and wanting away for non-footballing reasons. A perfect Ashley opportunist gamble :thup: :thup:

A good sign is Shakhtar are probably a top 5 club in Europe in terms of signing South Americans.

Why let him go out on loan for the season though?

Surely the political situation? I heard he refused to return to Ukraine to play for Donetsk because of it.