Chucky Ferreyra

ponsaelius

On Football Italia. 500k loan with 8.5m to buy.

What in the fuck. 8.5m to buy but couldn't even make our bench?

Even if this is a snidey deal to save him from Ukraine, why couldn't we have played him? Maybe some mental per appearance fees?

Having failed to make a single competitive appearance during his five months at Gallowgate, the loan deal for alleged striker Facundo Ferreyra looks to be over.

Absent from a reserve team friendly at Darsley Park on Tuesday, Ferreyra is predicted to be loaned out again by parent club Shakhtar Donetsk, with Serie A outfit Genoa his likely destination. He holds an Italian passport.

The 23 year-old Argentinean agreed a season-long switch to United from Shakhtar for a £1.6m fee. That followed the outbreak of civil war in Ukraine, after which Ferreyra refused to return to the country.

Citing the influence of Fabricio Coloccini in opting to join United, Ferreyra made a hasty debut against Schalke 04 in pre-season but dropped off the radar very quickly.

A handful of unused substitute appearances and a trio of unimpressive U21 outings harvesting one goal were the sum total of Ferreyra's contribution to proceedings.

:lol:

Hope if we cut it short and he goes elsewhere then we get half our loan money back.

I'd rather let the new manager make that call. I wouldn't give much weight to Pardew's judgement.

I agree, he seems to have scored goals for the Under 21's every time he's been near the pitch.