Rolando Aarons

Chapo

He's done nothing to warrant a new contract.

Neither had Collo over the last 18month but he still got one.

Aarons has looked promising and talented in most of the appearances he has made for us. Im not saying we should hoy big money at him as he's done nothing to earn it but I definitely feel we would live to regret letting him go if we do.

If you were him would you sign an extension?

I know I wouldn't.  Not only would he get more money as a free agent he'll likely end up somewhere where he'll get game time.

He's not getting game time because he's injured all the fucking time. It's not like he's been readily available all season and McClaren's frozen him out (ie Thauvin). If anything, the fact that McClaren picked Aarons over Perez for the Watford game shows that he's still held in high regard despite his awful injury record.

Aarons is obviously talented though and I'd be keen to keep him on the books under the right conditions. His injury record is a massive concern given his age though - if it persists, I'd be thinking about cutting him loose. 

Not a left back, so I can kind of excuse his idiotic tackle and the amount of time he was out of position.  But I can't excuse how many times he tried to take his man on, only to get eased out of it and end up the wrong side of his marker.  It happened almost every time he tried it.  Kept getting outmuscled by Aaron Lennon and all.  It was like watching a slightly larger Shane Ferguson.

I did wonder yesterday whether we might have been more effective if him and Townsend had swapped positions. Seems a bit of a travesty that his last two outings have been at left back when he's clearly an attacking player.

The biggest thing for me is that he seemed to be disgusted at playing LB. He didn't seem arsed in the slightest and looked like he couldn't wait for the match to be over. I get that he's an attacking player, but at that age you want to be getting in the team when you have the chance by making sporadic appearances here and there, and making it hard for the manager to drop you. Did absolutely nothing to make the manager or fans take notice of him.

The biggest thing for me is that he seemed to be disgusted at playing LB. He didn't seem arsed in the slightest and looked like he couldn't wait for the match to be over. I get that he's an attacking player, but at that age you want to be getting in the team when you have the chance by making sporadic appearances here and there, and making it hard for the manager to drop you. Did absolutely nothing to make the manager or fans take notice of him.

This.

Bang on.