Jamaal Lascelles & Karl Darlow

ponsaelius

I don't understand FFP at all, some clubs seem to care about it and others just completely ignore it. Total mess all round.

Football League one is different IIRC, not just a give UEFA more money to make it go away scenario.

FFP for Nottingham Forest man :lol: Laughable. Spineless twat.

I know pretty much all that is bollocks, but at least there owner is being open, and somewhat honest (he ain't going to disclose everything) I would rather that, then the continued spouting of bullshite from Pardew.

FFP for Nottingham Forest man :lol: Laughable. Spineless t***.

It's not the same one, it's a Championship version with separate rules handed down by the football league.

Not saying it isn't bullshit, but it's totally different to UEFA's FFP which they threatened to kick clubs out of Europe for breaking regulations.

Edit: beaten

I know pretty much all that is bollocks, but at least there owner is being open, and somewhat honest (he ain't going to disclose everything) I would rather that, then the continued spouting of bullshite from Pardew.

I severely question his honesty, given his simpleton manager is already contradicting his words. I don't think Stuart Pearce has it in him to mislead anyone personally.

6 months before every forest fan hates him and he releases an open letter saying he's scared to take his kids to games.

I severely question his honesty, given his simpleton manager is already contradicting his words. I don't think Stuart Pearce has it in him to mislead anyone personally.

6 months before every forest fan hates him and he releases an open letter saying he's scared to take his kids to the Sports Direct @ The City Ground.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

As has been said us paying the fee upfront and paying all the wages whilst loaning them back is the clincher. Good deal if they're good players. Unfortunately it's basically Tim Krul's replacement lined up. Bit worrying considering at Ken Barlow's age Tim was already our first choice keeper.

I think the Pearce dummy spitting has been misinterpreted. Now the chairman has had his say it sounds like Pearce knew they were in negotiations with us all along, but he thought they were selling too cheap, so he didn't sanction the sale as it didn't meet his valuation.

With regards fffp, I think the football leagues is something to do with wages to turnover ratio can't be more than 60%

Don't think you can beat the official statement Shepherd put on the website about Shearer saying he'd never said he'd knock seven bells out of any one. :lol:

"Following media reports this morning the Chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock seven bells out of anyone"

Literally all it said. :lol:

Don't think you can beat the official statement Shepherd put on the website about Shearer saying he'd never said he'd knock seven bells out of any one. :lol:

"Following media reports this morning the Chairman wishes to make it clear that Alan Shearer has never said to him that he would knock seven bells out of anyone"

Literally all it said. :lol:

:lol: Still one of my favourite things I've ever read on the internet.

Guest ElCid

Forest have spent £7 million today. They'll have happened, we're just being useless as per.

Yeah should remember we have muppets running the club, just keep hoping I'm in a long nightmare and I'm going to wake up any second and remember when I had hope when supporting my club

I'm guessing they're probably in training and preparing for Saturday. They'll probably wait until they get a day off (Sunday or Monday?) and come up here for the tunnel & training ground pics before making it official. Can't wait to see 2015/6 players posing with the 2013/4 strip.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140809/united-complete-lascelles-and-darlow-deal_2281670_4055609

Newcastle United have completed the double signing of Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow from Nottingham Forest for an undisclosed fee.

The pair have both agreed long-term deals at St. James' Park and will return to Forest on loan for the entire 2014/15 campaign.

Centre-back Lascelles, aged 20, came through the youth system at the City Ground before making his debut in January 2012.

A brief loan spell at Stevenage followed, before the England Under-20 international established himself in the heart of the Reds' rearguard last season, making 34 appearances in all competitions.

Lascelles said: "As soon as I found out about the move I was over the moon.

"It's a huge step up for me. Newcastle are a club with a massive fanbase, a big history and an unbelievable stadium.

"First, I am going back to Forest for another season and that will be great for my development. Hopefully I can come here next summer an even better player."

Goalkeeper Darlow is another product of the Forest Academy, making his bow as a substitute on the final day of the 2010/11 campaign.

The 23-year-old also gained crucial experience with loan spells at Newport County and Walsall - twice - and has been Nottingham Forest's first choice stopper since January 2013.

"I'm delighted for it all to be sorted and I can't wait to get started here at Newcastle," he said.

"The loan back is going to be another year but it gives me time to develop my game further before I return.

"I'm looking forward to the future."

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew said: "It is a real coup to have signed two of the finest young talents in English football outside of the Premier League.

"Jamaal and Karl will be a big part of the future of this Club. They have both performed outstandingly in the Championship over the last couple of years and I have no doubt they will be able step up to this level once they return from their loan at Nottingham Forest."