Jamaal Lascelles & Karl Darlow

ponsaelius

• 3 weeks later...

Judging by Twitter the notts Forrest fans can't wait for these two to leave. Reckon we've paid ridiculously above what their worth. Bit worrying since Lascelles is likely to be our only CB coming in this summer..

They've changed their tune since the summer.

They've been put in a hard position by our greed. Should have came to us straight away. They can't have much motivation at all to play for Forest.

Wait, isn't loaning back agreement is benefiting Forest rather than us?

Judging by Twitter the notts Forrest fans can't wait for these two to leave. Reckon we've paid ridiculously above what their worth. Bit worrying since Lascelles is likely to be our only CB coming in this summer..

depends who has 'signed' them for us really, if it's carr then i'm happy to give them a go under a decent manager :yao: as pearce is gash

Same Carr who brought in the likes of Riviere and Amalfitano.

Just saying, he's generally good at his role but in terms of spotting relative unknowns his record isn't good.

I sort of agree, we've brought in (since time begun) some duds.

But, and it's a canny but, under this present regime I'd be interested to see where on Carr's list our actual in comings lie. If the two you mention were his no. 1 choices then I'd be more than a bit worried but if I had to guess I'd say that he brings his list of potential players into the club and they go for them more on price than suitability.

Just saying, he's generally good at his role but in terms of spotting relative unknowns his record isn't good.

But, and it's a canny but, under this present regime I'd be interested to see where on Carr's list our actual in comings lie. If the two you mention were his no. 1 choices then I'd be more than a bit worried but if I had to guess I'd say that he brings his list of potential players into the club and they go for them more on price than suitability.

even the best of the best managers / scouts have shitstains on their record like, no-one is ever close to 100% especially with younger players

Guest thenorthumbrian

I'm sure Willo would be starting at Forrest.

Darlow must be a step-up on Blobby and Alnwick. Not sure about Lascelles.

You would think he has to be better than Williamson.

Has to be. Not sure Forest fans know how bad our squad is.

But they do know how bad their own squad is, which is worrying.

even the best of the best managers / scouts have shitstains on their record like, no-one is ever close to 100% especially with younger players

Yeah but Perez aside his unknowns have been crap.

depends who has 'signed' them for us really, if it's carr then i'm happy to give them a go under a decent manager :yao: as pearce is gash

Charlie Wooster not Carr I believe... He's also already said since that Lascelles isn't as good as they'd hoped but are still pleased to have Darlow.

Yeah but Perez aside his unknowns have been crap.

well, abeid is coming good and bigi was murdered by pardew...haidara has not been crap either, he's playing in the first team

you've got 3 first teamers there and one who might have been had he not been shat all over

i agree it's not flawless but it's not utter horseshit either

In the grand scheme of things, for a normal PL club, £7m (or whatever it was) is fairly small outlay for two English players as they retain value well although we all know this will be painted as the greatest expense of all time by our lot.