Huddersfield Town 2 - 2 NUFC - 05/08/2014

Ashley17

Main thing I took away from tonight is that Janmatt looks a dreadful defender. Very good going forward but too willing to lunge in and foul at the back.

Really hope I'm wrong and he calms down over time.

Sounds like Debuchy in the beginning of his NUFC career.

I thought he looked pretty poor defensively at the world cup too

Ah well, was nice for a week or two.

I said it at the time like before he was even linked to us. I still do think he will be a good player for us though

Really Triggs? Thought he looked better defensively than going forward at the World Cup personally. :dontknow:

I think it was the game against Australia where he looked really poor up against Oar or Leckie, not sure which of them it was and I don't think he started any other game so I would assume LVG thought so too. His subsequent appearances off the bench I thought he still looked averagely defensively while looking good going forward IIRC

Was at the game. We were alright. Can't defend for fucking toffee. Lots of pace about the side, though, and I kind of liked Riviere and Ferreyra as a front two, as they're both quite strong on the ball and the latter is quite quick.

That's what annoys me the most, you see other teams, not even particularly renowned for their attacking play putting together nice moves through just simple pass and move and exploiting the space available, they seem to have an understanding of what the other lads on their team want to do, whereas with us its just the same old thing, relying on individual brilliance or a mistake from the opposition.

If we were shit, can we afford some leniency based on the fact that we've played about a dozen games in five minutes, as well as travelled loads?

Is it normal to have this many games in preseason?

If we were shit, can we afford some leniency based on the fact that we've played about a dozen games in five minutes, as well as travelled loads?

Is it normal to have this many games in preseason?

Alan, stop posting as Yorkie, he's quite well liked on here. Cheers.

Man Utd          Man City        Arsenal            Chelsea      Everton        Spurs      Liverpool      NUFC

2011        6+CS            5+CS                6                    7                    7              5              6                    6

2012        6                  7+CS                8                    5+CS              6              6              4                    8

2013        7+CS          7                        7                    7                    7              7              7                    7

2014        6                  6+CS                4+CS                                    5              5              8                    8

*CS=Community Shield

We seem to go for the higher number of friendlies. There are only 6 seasons in there where 8 games were played and NUFC accounted for two of them.

Matches should definitely be better spaced out. It's mental to play 3 games in 4 days.

Garbage all in all though

We are going to struggle this season.

9 players brought in and we still need to strengthen every area lol

Actually, we don't.

We need a decent manager.

We've known this for almost 2 years....unfortunately, Ashley doesn't agree or won't part with the compo needed to pay off the idiot he gave an 8 year deal to, courtesy of Lambsarse.

Unless we bomb for the first 8 games, it will be Christmas before Pardew is in any danger at all ; if Ashley was going to get rid, he had ample opportunities over the past 2 seasons but still won't pull the trigger.

Pardew suits his purpose unless we are in danger of relegation.

Man Utd          Man City        Arsenal            Chelsea      Everton        NUFC

2011        6+CS            5+CS                6                    7                    7                6

2012        6                  7+CS                8                    5+CS              6                8

2013        7+CS          7                        7                    7                    7              7

2014        6                  6+CS                4+CS                                    5                8

*CS=Community Shield

We seem to go for the higher number of friendlies. There are only 5 seasons in there where 8 games were played and NUFC accounted for two of them.

Matches should definitely be better spaced out. It's mental to play 3 games in 4 days.

Like cramming for exams.

We need to be playing more Malagas and Schalke each year and less NZ and lower league team. Quality over quantity. If we do a tour, do it in the US and call it a day.

Interesting too, that the other clubs have shown restraint and lessen their games post-WC. On the contrary, nothing beats those tournament monies for us over proper pre-season planning.

Man Utd          Man City        Arsenal            Chelsea      Everton        NUFC

2011        6+CS            5+CS                6                    7                    7                6

2012        6                  7+CS                8                    5+CS              6                8

2013        7+CS          7                        7                    7                    7              7

2014        6                  6+CS                4+CS                                    5                8

*CS=Community Shield

We seem to go for the higher number of friendlies. There are only 5 seasons in there where 8 games were played and NUFC accounted for two of them.

Like cramming for exams.

We need to be playing more Malagas and Schalke each year and less NZ and lower league team. Quality over quantity. If we do a tour, do it in the US and call it a day.

IMO MLS teams aren't much better than A-league teams. The only positive is they are mid season so are up to scratch.

Any Dutch outfielder we have must play. It is very hard for them to hoof, considering they have been reared to play the right way from birth. This is ultimately Pardew's kryptonite. As many Dutch as possible please. Play more Dutch, sign more Dutch.

Should be playing fewer games and increasing the calibre of the opposition. Nowt wrong with the first pre-season game being an Oldham, Hartlepool, Gateshead, Darlo etc but after that it should increase gradually with each game.

Sick of us playing against Championship sides, failing to win and being told "they're a week ahead".

Should be playing fewer games and increasing the calibre of the opposition. Nowt wrong with the first pre-season game being an Oldham, Hartlepool, Gateshead, Darlo etc but after that it should increase gradually with each game.

Sick of us playing against Championship sides, failing to win and being told "they're a week ahead".

The response to that should be 'we're a league above.'