Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 23/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

What a depressing day yesterday was,

Ignoring the match because thats been covered but it looked to me in the pub before the match that our young away followers are getting worse.

Went in the Witton, went for a piss and there was 6 of them in a queue for the cubicle in the toilet...snorting away they were, obvious to see and bloody hear.

Then there they were outside in the beer marquee thing chucking their pints everywhere and generally behaving like fucking idiots.

I love a good craic at the away games as much as any but these lot really let us down, it's been like this the last couple of seasons now, getting progressively worse. Luckily where I was stood in the ground the atmosphere was alright and with some decent lads.

Can see why people are put off following us away...and why other fans think we're a bunch of twats.

Ignoring the match because thats been covered but it looked to me in the pub before the match that our young away followers are getting worse.

Went in the Witton, went for a piss and there was 6 of them in a queue for the cubicle in the toilet...snorting away they were, obvious to see and bloody hear.

Then there they were outside in the beer marquee thing chucking their pints everywhere and generally behaving like fucking idiots.

I love a good craic at the away games as much as any but these lot really let us down, it's been like this the last couple of seasons now, getting progressively worse. Luckily where I was stood in the ground the atmosphere was alright and with some decent lads.

Can see why people are put off following us away...and why other fans think we're a bunch of twats.

Noticed our fans have been getting worse like.  Wonder if it's related to the wider driving down of standards at the club, if you don't have a club you can be proud of any more why care about the impression you make while following it.

Missed the game and Match of the Day, just watched Goals on Sunday, our game got 30 seconds, was it really that bad?

they never show much of the bt game on goals on sunday because they aint allowed but they pretty much covered it,missed Gouf and Willos air shots when they should of scored and header from the Willo diagonal

Noticed our fans have been getting worse like.  Wonder if it's related to the wider driving down of standards at the club, if you don't have a club you can be proud of any more why care about the impression you make while following it.

Possibly. It only seems to be the young'uns that act like tossers though, don't get me wrong i've seen some older folk piss about but by and large its the younger lads. Probably a by product of society in general at the moment I suppose.

Problem is you cant have a word with them at the match about it otherwise its all 'We're here to support the club, fuck off if you don't like it etc etc', thing is with most of them they're so fucked up before the match they either don;t see any of it or end up getting chucked out anyway

Possibly. It only seems to be the young'uns that act like tossers though, don't get me wrong i've seen some older folk piss about but by and large its the younger lads. Probably a by product of society in general at the moment I suppose.

Problem is you cant have a word with them at the match about it otherwise its all 'We're here to support the club, fuck off if you don't like it etc etc', thing is with most of them they're so fucked up before the match they either don;t see any of it or end up getting chucked out anyway

There was a group on the train back yesterday who were making idiots of themselves as well. Fair enough they're pissed and having a sing, but the carriage was full of people and their language was appalling. The ring leader was this fat older guy in a guy who started shouting obscenities at the conductor and shouting lewd comments to a woman in the carriage. Really sad individuals.

Our support has been poor in some ways for a while. The same shit songs sang at 200 mph. "Insert name" is a shithole, your support os fucking shit, shall we sing a song for you.....yawwwwn.

It's really annoying, i dread to think the image they give our club. Stuff like pissing about on the train, theres some people there that will see that and assume thats how Newcastle fans are, I know it doesnt mean a lot in the grand scheme of things but im proud of our club and area and it actually bothers me that people would think of us all like that.

I as much as the next lad, love going to the pub on an away day and chanting for a couple of hours, theres nothing better, however when you get the tossers chucking beer everywhere, doing coke in the toilets and at one point, fucking moshing like they're at a metallica gig its embarrasing.

Last season couple of lads got in such a state they didnt even make it out the pub, being sick everywhere and ended up passed out. Yeah away days and football in general are a good excuse for a day on the piss with the lads, but know your limits and don't let the club down.

It'll be more of the same at Gillingham on Tuesday no doubt, cup games bring a lot of twats out, dreading it. Hopefully Southampton is better.

Guest firetotheworks

Are they all proper Green Street twats that need a good clip? The problem seems to be that there are a fair few mongs that are older that groom them rather than discourage them. They'd stop with age otherwise, imo.

There was a group on the train back yesterday who were making idiots of themselves as well. Fair enough they're pissed and having a sing, but the carriage was full of people and their language was appalling. The ring leader was this fat older guy in a guy who started shouting obscenities at the conductor and shouting lewd comments to a woman in the carriage. Really sad individuals.

This has been one of the reasons why i've reduced the number of away games i go to, some of our fans are tragic.  It does in the most part seem to be kids who act like utter tossers, last time i got one of the busses down it was packed with them.  24 cans for a 4 hour bus trip, wey aye.

Totally uninspiring for much of the game - these 2 sides will be vying for the title of closest to watching paint drying this season.

It is clear that the buying and organization of the side(not much of either down to Pardew)is designed to prevent many goals being conceded but its also clear that the formation will struggle to score themselves. Apart from the fact that none of the forwards looks to be a regular scorer in the way that Remy did last season, the build-up is so slow and cautious that even a defence as limited as Villas didn't have much difficulty in getting back to cover before attacks reached their penalty area...this has been a regular feature - and failing - of Pardew sides.

Janmaat looks to be a very promising RB and will be a real asset if he continues to show this sort of form - as has been said, he has settled far quicker than Debuchy did and he is still young for a defender. de Jong obviously has talent and produced the only goal-worthy effort in the second half which could have snatched the 3 points but it would have been a bit of a travesty.

Very little else to comment on other than to say that the game highlighted exactly what most fans with half a brain knew anyway ; Williamson is NOT a PL CB, and we lack a decent striker.

That's it....long hard season lies ahead if we go past the deadline with this forward line.

I said the same thing in the match thread yesterday. People will be fooled into thinking we are now passing it around, but it's done so slowly and without purpose there's no chance of it leading to a goal.

We seem to score goals by accident. There's no rhyme or reason to our goals they just sort of happen randomly without pattern or consistency.

Yup. We don't have an attacking philosophy which breaks teams down and creates chances. We just try lumping it in from various angles and hoping by some random moment that a goal comes out of it.

Be thankful we've still got any. If what I've witnessed around the coast these past few weeks reflects young support loyalty, many of them have opted for Man City or Chelsea!

Be thankful we've still got any. If what I've witnessed around the coast these past few weeks reflects young support loyalty, many of them have opted for Man City or Chelsea!

Many will say it's arguable that its understandable young bairns are swayed this way - especially the state of the club atm - but I still can't understand it. Not once when I was a young did I ever think about supporting anybody else. Gloryhunting bairns are little shites.

We seem to score goals by accident. There's no rhyme or reason to our goals they just sort of happen randomly without pattern or consistency.

Been saying this for years. All of a sudden, football breaks out. About four times a season.

It's really annoying, i dread to think the image they give our club. Stuff like pissing about on the train, theres some people there that will see that and assume thats how Newcastle fans are, I know it doesnt mean a lot in the grand scheme of things but im proud of our club and area and it actually bothers me that people would think of us all like that.

The teenage smokebomb brigade were indeed out in force again. Stood outside the Doug Ellis stand before the match, a group of about 6 or 7 lads walked past, arms up in the air, giving it 'we support our local team.' Then it became obvious they were following and staring at group of about 15 mainly young orientals, all decked out in villa scarves with bags from the club shop etc. They went out of their way to follow this group past the away end to the entrance they were using halfway along the stand. I felt physically sick and it put me in a bad mood for the match.

They may have been a group of tourists, might have been born and bred locals, having lived in Birmingham myself for a few years I know how many overseas students particularly from the far east the city attracts. Ironically, they may well have been 'supporting their local team.' Regardless though nobody deserves to take shit like that from a group of knobheads just because of their ethnicity. Thing is, none of them looked particularly hard or hooligany. They all looked scrawny and soft as shite, try that shit at other grounds and they will all get the clip they richly deserve.

The teenage smokebomb brigade were indeed out in force again. Stood outside the Doug Ellis stand before the match, a group of about 6 or 7 lads walked past, arms up in the air, giving it 'we support our local team.' Then it became obvious they were following and staring at group of about 15 mainly young orientals, all decked out in villa scarves with bags from the club shop etc. They went out of their way to follow this group past the away end to the entrance they were using halfway along the stand. I felt physically sick and it put me in a bad mood for the match.

They may have been a group of tourists, might have been born and bred locals, having lived in Birmingham myself for a few years I know how many overseas students particularly from the far east the city attracts. Ironically, they may well have been 'supporting their local team.' Regardless though nobody deserves to take s*** like that from a group of knobheads just because of their ethnicity. Thing is, none of them looked particularly hard or hooligany. They all looked scrawny and soft as s****, try that s*** at other grounds and they will all get the clip they richly deserve.

I used to work with one of the 'smoke bomb brigade' was giving it the big'un at work one day saying he set one off when we beat them 2-1 last season. Wanted to slap the chavy little cunt.