Aston Villa 0 - 0 Newcastle United - 23/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Solid away performance but we just lacked that extra quality in the final third. Bit gutted for Willo

I can't see us scoring 1 goal this season

There will always be the odd deflection or lucky bounce etc. but christ, Pardew has a way of making a side look so useless in the final third of the pitch. We could barely create anything nor finish anything that did look remotely like a chance. It felt like that game could have gone on for several hours and there still wouldn't be a goal from us.

Solid away performance but we just lacked that extra quality in the final third. Bit gutted for Willo

Not sure if you're serious. If you are i bet that you get happy at Christmas eve when you get used toilet paper.

Second half was better than first but not anything to write home with. Still so blunt I can't see us doing anything but struggle this season.

Krul - 6 Wasn't really tested

Janmaat - 8 Like him a lot

Colo - 7 Had a good game I thought

Willo - 6 Not sure can blame him to much for red tbh, should have scored really

Dummet - 5 Really uninispiring player

Sissoko - 6 Started brightly but faded

Colback - 6 Decent job in midfield, no creativity though

Anita - 6 Did ok but again helps us in possession, nothing going forward

Gouffran - 4 Did some good tracking back, so Pardew will think he was motm

Riviere - 1 Rubbish

Cabella - 6 Showed good stuff at times, but sloppy first half and really should have scored

De Jong - 7 Liked what we saw

Perez - n/a didn't see enough then got hauled off for some reason

Captain Fistpumps - 0 Fuck off please

Pardew - Piss off.

Oh yeah ... I think I actually like Janmaat more than I did Debuchy. He looks tremendous!

:thup: Like you said, he attacks the space so well. Better than Debuchy in that respect imo. Needs to fix his crossing a bit and he'll be golden.

An organised performance but also an absolutely nothing performance going forward. Ayoze looks like he'd fair better up front than Riviere and Cabella seems like a poor man's Ben Arfa but the thing that really stuck in my throat was seeing those cretinous Villa fans diving about because they were preventing a corner being taken. I'd have love a goal from that. I'm still bitter about those banners from the relegation season.

I guess that means the fist-puming bell-top will be back in the starting line-up now Williamson will be suspended. Wonderful.

Unlucky not to get more than a point, we wos the most frettening team. It's a tough place to go, not too many teams will take points from here this season. The sending off changed the game and we defended bravely to secure the point for Mike