Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Is there a realistic chance he's going to be removed before the next game or are we all just deluded common sense will be applied? I'm now shit scared that we might actually keep this plank and then get relegated. Our run in is awful and if we're still in the mix to go down come the end of the season we'll almost certainly go down without a fight.

Pardew told BBC Radio 5 live: "All I can do until told otherwise is plan the group for next week [at home to Hull]."

In the lead up to Saturday's match, sections of the media speculated that the former Saints manager only had two games  in which to save his career at St James' Park.

Match facts

Newcastle have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 25 away league games against Southampton.

The last time Newcastle failed to win any of their first four games in the league was in 2005 under Graeme Souness.

Alan Pardew's side have failed to find the net in eight of their past 10 league matches.

During the game, with owner Mike Ashley in attendance, fans held banners calling for Pardew's sacking, and the vitriol only intensified after Newcastle conceded twice inside the first 20 minutes.

"It [the scrutiny] is not going to help because the performance from the start put us on the backfoot,"

Pardew told BBC's Match of the Day.

"The fans were on us from the start, on me in particular. That didn't help the situation."

The Magpies' problems appear to be a hangover from last season when, after selling key midfielder Yohan Cabaye in January, they only won four times in the last 15 matches.

The club also sold France international full-back Mathieu Debuchy and sent often-influential midfielder and

fans' favourite Hatem Ben Arfa on loan to Hull during the summer transfer window.

"The criticisms [from the fans] are fair. You can't get beaten 4-0 - I've had a few of those at the club," admitted Pardew.

"We have to be strong and tough it out. We have to put ourselves on the line and be brave. We have more quality than we showed today."

Fucking coward, completely expected

'Hopefully we'll come up with a formula for the next game' - 4 years Alan, haven't come up with a formula yet - unless crosing your fingers and hoping for a bit of magic is a formula.

Missed a golden chance to put him under the cosh as well when he said 'lost two good players to injury'. YES, and lost two more good players to loan deals, bet you wished you'd had them today Alan, you PRICK!

The 4th goal was the first time, I have ever cheered a goal scored against Newcastle United, I was sure he couldn't survive after that went in, but I have my doubts now as realisation of his pally relationship with the owner sets in. He'll be in the dug out against Hull, and we'll probably win unfortunately and he'll save his job, this "needs to get a win in the next few games" line will be rolled out again and again, and he'll keep finding a friendly fixture like the next one to get himself out of jail, until it gets to a point when it's too late to save the season, then maybe then Ashley will act.

Not. A. Chance! There's no way we're going to beat Hull at home, it's a game we should be winning, but not by zonal marking (all over the pitch btw) baracading our own half and hoping to nick one on the break. It'll be another meek collapse. He's lost the fans, the players and hopefully soon enough, the owner. The only way we stay in this league next season is sans Pardew, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Well I bet those 10 that said stay feel a little daft huh?

one doesn't feel wet while in the water.  They are f***ing daft, so I doubt that they feel it.

My attemp at sarcasm failed didn't it? I know full well the same 10 would vote stay again. Fools be fools.

Well I bet those 10 that said stay feel a little daft huh?

one doesn't feel wet while in the water.  They are f***ing daft, so I doubt that they feel it.

My attemp at sarcasm failed didn't it? I know full well the same 10 would vote stay again. Fools be fools.

Nah, I just wanted to use that expression tbh.