Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Alan Pardew: Newcastle manager under pressure, says Alan Shearer

Alan Pardew is under pressure as Newcastle manager, according to former striker Alan Shearer, as the Magpies poor start to the season continued with a 4-0 loss at Southampton.

Newcastle have yet to win any of their four games, and have only picked up one Premier League victory in 12 matches.

Fans held banners calling for Pardew's sacking, before the manager failed to attend the post-match conference.

"The pressure's really, really on him," Shearer told BBC Radio 5 live.

"That wasn't a good advert for the manager."

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29193874

Alan Pardew: Newcastle manager under pressure, says Alan Shearer

Alan Pardew is under pressure as Newcastle manager, according to former striker Alan Shearer, as the Magpies poor start to the season continued with a 4-0 loss at Southampton.

Newcastle have yet to win any of their four games, and have only picked up one Premier League victory in 12 matches.

Fans held banners calling for Pardew's sacking, before the manager failed to attend the post-match conference.

"The pressure's really, really on him," Shearer told BBC Radio 5 live.

"That wasn't a good advert for the manager."

More to follow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29193874

Far too reserved Alan.. stick the bloody knife in.

These quotes are really breaking my spirit. Please just sack him. I would take anyone else. Anyone.

Even Kinnear?

Yes, because the strain on his health would send him back into retirement anyway.

And the fan pressure would be relentless from day 1. Kinnear doesn't have the ability to smarm his way into people's good books like Pardew did.

We got dry humped down there last as year, completely unacceptable performances for the longest trip, and there's the LC to come as well. Looks like we might have to lose a few more to see the back of him. The players are doing their bit.

Think "absorb" is his new buzzword of the week, he said it about the Palace game aswell.

I quite liked "fret" and "roster" they were cool.

Someone must have gotten him word of the day bog roll. He just doesn't see how full of shit he is.

The 4th goal was the first time, I have ever cheered a goal scored against Newcastle United, I was sure he couldn't survive after that went in, but I have my doubts now as realisation of his pally relationship with the owner sets in. He'll be in the dug out against Hull, and we'll probably win unfortunately and he'll save his job, this "needs to get a win in the next few games" line will be rolled out again and again, and he'll keep finding a friendly fixture like the next one to get himself out of jail, until it gets to a point when it's too late to save the season, then maybe then Ashley will act.