Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Honestly think the squad is average. No quality in-depth anywhere except left back and CM.

Need more quality and depth at CB. Only one right back. In midfield we lack guile but at least have options CM. Only 2 decent options upfront. 1 of which is a kid and another could easily go until the end of the season without contributing anything.

In terms of league position currently - we are doing fairly well. Even last season, the league finish wasn't far off par either. It's the other points that make it so bad. The football is awful and we aspire for midtable as such. Who does this? Traditionally Championship sides that spend a number of years in the division at midtable eventually try to aspire for more. Either in league finishes or style of football - see Stoke.

You reckon a lot of other clubs outside of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal have quality in depth in most area's though?  I think it says quite a lot that its often when Pardews options are limited by injury that we win matches, in other words its his incompetence limiting us rather than the squad.  We certainly have some obvious weak points, but a decent manager would do his best to negate those weaknesses.  What Pardew does is make them infinitely worse.  Weak in defence?, loan out Yanga-Mbiwa.  Weak up front?, loan out Ben Arfa and give us 10 men by playing players Gouffran.  No matter what you think of the squad you surely can't deny he makes it worse.

Is he really that big a legend to palace fans? Like say keegan or SBR to us?

Not to my knowledge at all. Mark Bright, Ian Wright & Lombardi spring to mind. Even Coppell.

He's from South London too I suppose.

He scored the winner in a famous giant killing FA Cup semi against Liverpool many years ago. Of course he's a legend at Selhurst.

Guest firetotheworks

God, imagine Alan Pardew being your idol.

PM Golfmag for details. ;)

Not to my knowledge at all. Mark Bright, Ian Wright & Lombardi spring to mind. Even Coppell.

He scored the winner in a famous giant killing FA Cup semi against Liverpool many years ago. Of course he's a legend at Selhurst.

Doesn't mean he's a legend man. He was bang average. If in recent memory we have  SBR, Keegan & Shearer. There's would be Coppell, Wright and loads of other players before Alan fucking Pardew.

I have a Palace supporting mate and he says they love him. He even said they'd love to have him as manager because he got Newcastle to 5th. I re-educated him but now wish I hadn't.

Honestly think the squad is average. No quality in-depth anywhere except left back and CM.

Need more quality and depth at CB. Only one right back. In midfield we lack guile but at least have options CM. Only 2 decent options upfront. 1 of which is a kid and another could easily go until the end of the season without contributing anything.

In terms of league position currently - we are doing fairly well. Even last season, the league finish wasn't far off par either. It's the other points that make it so bad. The football is awful and we aspire for midtable as such. Who does this? Traditionally Championship sides that spend a number of years in the division at midtable eventually try to aspire for more. Either in league finishes or style of football - see Stoke.

You reckon a lot of other clubs outside of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal have quality in depth in most area's though?  I think it says quite a lot that its often when Pardews options are limited by injury that we win matches, in other words its his incompetence limiting us rather than the squad.  We certainly have some obvious weak points, but a decent manager would do his best to negate those weaknesses.  What Pardew does is make them infinitely worse.  Weak in defence?, loan out Yanga-Mbiwa.  Weak up front?, loan out Ben Arfa and give us 10 men by playing players Gouffran.  No matter what you think of the squad you surely can't deny he makes it worse.

I'm pretty certain the powers at be where not counting on the players loaned out being at the club now - at the close of last season. We;ve built this squad without them in mind anyway. Awful decisions aye I agree.

Doesn't mean he's a legend man. He was bang average. If in recent memory we have  SBR, Keegan & Shearer. There's would be Coppell, Wright and loads of other players before Alan f***ing Pardew.

They're Crystal Palace though. That FA Cup Runners Up medal is probably their greatest achievement.

We don't have a mid table team. It's a top 8 team.

Top 8 or.. 8th strongest in the league? That's midtable.

City

Chelsea

Man Utd

Arsenal

Tottenham

Everton

Liverpool

West Ham's attacking options makes them a clearly stronger squad too.

IMO we are 9th strongest at best. Haven't seen much of Southampton. We are in that group of clubs that are midtable which could be in a relegation scrap with a few under performing players or poor management.

You think West Ham have a stronger squad than us?

Garth Crooks currently spouting absolute claptrap about Pardew going to Palace on BBC red button right now. Would be capable of getting them back up if relegated apparently and also would want to stick two fingers up to Ashley.

Clinically insane.

Garth Crooks currently spouting absolute claptrap about Pardew going to Palace on BBC red button right now. Would be capable of getting them back up if relegated apparently and also would want to stick two fingers up to Ashley.

Clinically insane.

Ssshhhhh. Let him carry on. Let the momentum build.

Clinically insane.

:lol: Right?

:anguish: I hope Pardew stays. He's my idol.

:shifty:

Clinically insane.

Mine too. And Gouffran my favourite player. Would hate to see him go to Palace with Pards.

:lol: Right?

:anguish: I hope Pardew stays. He's my idol.

:shifty:

I have a Palace supporting mate and he says they love him. He even said they'd love to have him as manager because he got Newcastle to 5th. I re-educated him but now wish I hadn't.

I live 10 minutes away from Selhurst Park. He's not a legend. He's well liked for that moment but he's widely regarded as an average player.

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=104267&page=1