Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Absolutely no doubt whatsoever in my mind that if the ground was, say, 2 miles out of the centre (like Aston Villa or Everton are) attendances would nosedive. It would instantly be far too much of an inconvenience to watch this fucking dross.

Just to add something else. For people who live outside of Tyneside and are without Metro access even getting to SJP can be a bit of a pain in the arse to be fair. I've experience of both sides of the coin but now living in County Durham I find it a right pain in the arse getting to the ground. If Im on the drink its a bus then the train, if I'm not its taking the car and all the shit that comes with that ie gridlocked roads and shite parking. Sometimes I just can't be arsed with it. Loads of our support make these kind of journeys too and an out of town stadium would actually be easier to get to for them.

But then loads of people would be getting the bus into town and then having to get another bus/taxi from town to wherever the stadium is 2 miles away. Then get the bus/taxi back into town after the match.

Look at Leeds, it's a big 1 club city also and has supporters from York etc who will get the train into the city centre and then get the bus/taxi to the ground which just seems like a massive fuck on.

Leeds, their demise still makes me laugh. I'm old enough to remember them as the top club and its still like seeing Manu or Liverpool spending years out of the top flight to me.

I love it.

Pardew out(to keep on topic)

Whenever I've been to Selhurst to watch us play and granted it's been a while since I did, but I recall a severe lack of boozers in the vicinity of the ground.

There's loads from what I recall en route from Thornton Heath and there's loads around Norwood Junction too.

I agree that our gates would drop if we were out of town but I'd still go.

That's all that's in Selhurst and Norwood Junction - pubs, chicken shops & bookies

Eh? Selhurst Park, according to Google, is a 35 minute walk from Croydon centre, nearly 2 miles. If SJP were 2 miles away, our crowds would have crumbled under Ashley. People still go because it's a minor inconvenience to their day at worst. That's the point I was making.

This is what I mean as you have to experience it. Trust me when I say the people consider that hyper local - that's where most would do their casual run to Zara or whatever.

I'm just saying it's not a lot of effort to watch Crystal Palace or any London club and get on with the rest of your day unlike say Old Trafford.

I had a dream last night that I came on here and there was a thread saying Tim Sherwood had been announced NUFC manager. The funny part is the club never announced that Pardew had been sacked. I'm pretty sure this means he'll be here forever.

Whenever I've been to Selhurst to watch us play and granted it's been a while since I did, but I recall a severe lack of boozers in the vicinity of the ground.

There's loads from what I recall en route from Thornton Heath and there's loads around Norwood Junction too.

I agree that our gates would drop if we were out of town but I'd still go.

That's all that's in Selhurst and Norwood Junction - pubs, chicken shops & bookies

Don't forget the performing arts school for train loads of pretentious teenagers. And Greggs.

I really want to want us to lose just to get rid of this parasite but i can't, not fully anyway. I know it's probably the same for many on here but some of you seem so genuinely gutted when we win, it makes me question my own commitment ☺. My worry is that if we do go down we'll still be stuck with these wankers and to be honest i'd rather be stuck witj them in the Premier League than the championship. We're just clinging on to blind hope that Ashley sees sense but i'm starting to believe it won't happen.

He's Ashley's loyal little lapdog and as long as he doesn't bite him or shit in his car he's going nowhere

Leeds, their demise still makes me laugh. I'm old enough to remember them as the top club and its still like seeing Manu or Liverpool spending years out of the top flight to me.

I love it.

They only really had from about 1998 to 2002 as a relevant Premier League team from what I remember. Or are you talking like from the 70s. :lol:

I love it.

They only really had from about 1998 to 2002 as a relevant Premier League team from what I remember. Or are you talking like from the 70s. :lol:

They did win the title in '92 as well tbf.

I love it.

Unfortunately I am old enough to remember Don Revies Leeds.

Guest Bert Shaft

At least 'horrible Don't Revie sold us Terry Hibbitt cheap, like.

At least 'horrible Don't Revie sold us Terry Hibbitt cheap, like.

Quite true and one of the best value-for-money buys that NUFC ever made - Leeds were ruthlessly professional to the point of cynicism in the late 60's-70's but they had some great players. Nevertheless, we did have a fair record against them at SJP and a 1-0 win late in 72-73 cost them the title. We beat them a few times in some great games.

Alan Pardew has warned Premier League defences that Gabriel Obertan can be “unplayable” this season - if he retains his current levels of confidence.

The Toon manager revealed that he has been privately working on the former Bordeaux and Man United winger’s morale.

Taking credit for a solo goal now? :lol:

Alan Pardew has warned Premier League defences that Gabriel Obertan can be “unplayable” this season - if he retains his current levels of confidence.

The Toon manager revealed that he has been privately working on the former Bordeaux and Man United winger’s morale.

About the only thing Pardew is good at - bigging himself up.

Oh how the premier league will tremble.

I wonder if any agents say to the club when they express an interest in their players that there is no way they will let them join NUFC having witnessed how other talented players have regressed under Pardew.

About the only thing Pardew is good at - bigging himself up.

It always ends up being about him.

Just like Allardyce.  When the team does well, it is because they listened to him and when they don't, it is because they have ignored his instructions.

Guest antz1uk

he is completely trolling us and the club, knowing fine well he's fucking bullet proof, absolutely staggering how he is being able to get away with this

I guess Obertan is going to be this seasons Gosling.  A nothing player with an expiring contract who will get games at the expense of potentially superior players with little benefit to the club.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-starts-get-boring-bit-repetitive/

A glass of wine and a smoother run;

“I will have a glass of wine and reflect on what has been a very stressful period for myself.

“Hopefully we can have a smoother run now in terms of being able to manage the football club without the additional pressures that defeats bring.”

Alan thinks its alright now.  The bad period is over.

The man is beyond stupid.  :lol: :lol: