Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Brace yourself before reading this: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-manager-alan-pardew-says-7995564

Alan Pardew is adamant that Newcastle United’s aim is still to try to “challenge” Champions League teams – but admits that his team needs to improve to hit the club’s official target of top ten.

United’s Fans Forum this week was largely controversy-free but the club did put on record that they were aiming for a minimum of a top ten finish. That followed Pardew’s own assertions in January that he wanted to “better” the club’s fifth-placed finish in 2012, and his claim that the squad was stronger for their summer spending spree.

The first chunk of the season has been a wake-up call and although Pardew is less bullish now, he refuses to limit his team’s ambitions to simply making the top ten.

“It is always difficult to challenge Champions League teams but we try to do that. Obviously we are a long way from that at the moment and are thinking of nothing more than the next game. I know that is a cliché but that is where we are at the moment,” he said.

With the top ten looking so far away at the moment, Pardew admits his team is under pressure. “I think every Premier League manager fears for his job these days. You have to be on your guard and you have to get results. At the moment, our results need to improve,” he said.

Pardew is looking to Tim Krul again after his heroics last season helped to inspire Newcastle to a memorable 1-0 win at White Hart Lane. Holland international Krul goes back to North London a “better player” according to Pardew.

“We won 1-0 there last year and played well but yes, I do hope he has a quieter afternoon. He had to produce three really outstanding saves. It was his top performance of last year.

“Looking at Spurs this year, they have been hot and cold. When they are hot, they are really hot but they have had a couple of cold weeks and we hope we can cash in on one of those and exploit it. You have to take collective responsibility when you concede goals.

“Tim is a player who is going to get even better. That is the beauty with him. He has great experience already but with age, keepers improve.

“They understand the angles and opposition players more as they grow older. As long as they do not lose that spring and alertness – and Tim is too young for that – they are going to improve and Tim goes back there an even better player.

“He is up there with the best goalies I have ever worked with and I have worked with one or two good ones.” Rolando Aarons and Ryan Taylor are back in contention after injuries, which has given Pardew a boost.

He said: “It just shows that we are fighting on all fronts from the chairman downwards. We tried to emphasise to the players it’s very, very important that we get ourselves up the league and try to put a run of wins together.

“You are always looking for that special ingredient, you are always looking for that one player to give you a lift.

“We have had a couple of blows on the injury front, but we have also had a couple of bonuses.”

:lol: It's another appalling interview like, he's ticked so many boxes in terms of what makes him such a depressing figurehead for a football club like ours.

For example:

“I think every Premier League manager fears for his job these days. You have to be on your guard and you have to get results. At the moment, our results need to improve"

They are words designed specifically to send a message to people who don't watch NUFC every week.  People at my work think he's done an alright job because they don't know how bad we are (in the same way I don't know the ins and outs of their clubs tbf) and quotes like that perpetuate the myth he's doing a good job and this is just a bit of a rough patch.  Despite the fact we've won a handful of games this calendar year and he nearly got us relegated the season before that.  It's a cynical quote.

“We won 1-0 there last year and played well"

We didn't play well, as I said in the other thread it was the best example of an NUFC smash-and-grab I can think of.  But nobody will question him, so he might as well say it and have plenty of people believing it.  We did alright defensively I suppose but a lot of it was desperate and if Spurs put away their chances it would have been a massacre.

“Looking at Spurs this year, they have been hot and cold. When they are hot, they are really hot but they have had a couple of cold weeks and we hope we can cash in on one of those and exploit it."

Relying on them having an off day or else we have no chance then.  Cheers Alan, always belittling our club and players to make it look like we're the unfortunate minnows of the Premier League and you're doing a decent job whether we win or lose.

"Tim goes back there an even better player."

No he doesn't, Spurs performance aside he looked like he was regressing rapidly last year and this year hasn't inspired a great deal more confidence.

“It just shows that we are fighting on all fronts from the chairman downwards."

Another case of sucking up to the owner, unprompted.  Poor Pards, with his hands tied by that horrible owner he wishes would give him more to work with.

“You are always looking for that special ingredient, you are always looking for that one player to give you a lift."

Bit of magic required by the sounds of it.  Compare it to good managers who build a style of play throughout the club and we've got this muppet who sends a side out to spoil the game and hope a flair player saves his skin or the ball bounces in off someone's arse.

One of the most ridiculous Pardew interviews of all time, as I've said it ticks most of the boxes on the cunt list, but it doesn't even get me particularly angry anymore.

He's just a dickhead who is not worth getting worked up about, but I'll always point out his failings to anyone who'll listen.

The only thing that frustrates me is that many of us on here have had him worked out for years and he's still saying the same old shit and getting away with it.

:lol: Well aye, before his failings became too obvious to talk about and just calling him a cunt every now and again felt like it would suffice.

The worst thing for me is that I honestly thought he was going to get sacked a few weeks ago, but it seems he can take us to any depths he likes and somehow remains untouchable.  The thoroughly transparent Pro-Pardew PR campaign is worrying, because if he's not in trouble we're down unless we miraculously pick up a Ba/Remy type in January who is in a rich vein of form and keeps us up on his own.  The whole thing makes zero sense, we've got some canny players for next to nowt yet we're sticking with a third rate manager who can't even get along with some of them, never mind keep them at the club and have them playing well.

All I can say is that I'm going to Spurs on Sunday, first game since Fulham away last year I think, and I can't wait to absolutely rip the fuck out of the dopey little cunt and hopefully have the rest of the away end doing the same. 

I can't want to see us lose for too much longer like, I'd sooner stop watching than do that for too long.  If he keeps riding this out then I might be finished with it, there is absolutely no point in having a vested interest in a football team and feeling no joy when they score.

I hated Allardyce when he was he here but even he is completely showing up Pardew now. Atleast he can organise a defence and having moved Downing into a number 10 role and tried to play more offensively atleast he's shown he's willing to budge a bit on style of play.

:lol: Well aye, before his failings became too obvious to talk about and just calling him a c*** every now and again felt like it would suffice.

The worst thing for me is that I honestly thought he was going to get sacked a few weeks ago, but it seems he can take us to any depths he likes and somehow remains untouchable.  The thoroughly transparent Pro-Pardew PR campaign is worrying, because if he's not in trouble we're down unless we miraculously pick up a Ba/Remy type in January who is in a rich vein of form and keeps us up on his own.  The whole thing makes zero sense, we've got some canny players for next to nowt yet we're sticking with a third rate manager who can't even get along with some of them, never mind keep them at the club and have them playing well.

All I can say is that I'm going to Spurs on Sunday, first game since Fulham away last year I think, and I can't wait to absolutely rip the f*** out of the dopey little c*** and hopefully have the rest of the away end doing the same. 

I can't want to see us lose for too much longer like, I'd sooner stop watching than do that for too long.  If he keeps riding this out then I might be finished with it, there is absolutely no point in having a vested interest in a football team and feeling no joy when they score.

The difference with our club is that the owner is completely indifferent to style of play and given the ultimate aim is to finis mid table and not get relegated the manager can essentially do whatever he wants and won't be removed. The concept of removing Pardew, interviewing managers, bringing someone new in, negotiating contracts, money for new players just isn't something Ashley is going to consider while he's owner IMO.

The fans are still pouring in watching this turgid football so as long as the stands are full and we don't go down that'll do for Ashley while he's here.

:lol: Well aye, before his failings became too obvious to talk about and just calling him a c*** every now and again felt like it would suffice.

All I can say is that I'm going to Spurs on Sunday, first game since Fulham away last year I think, and I can't wait to absolutely rip the f*** out of the dopey little c*** and hopefully have the rest of the away end doing the same. 

The difference with our club is that the owner is completely indifferent to style of play and given the ultimate aim is to finis mid table and not get relegated the manager can essentially do whatever he wants and won't be removed. The concept of removing Pardew, interviewing managers, bringing someone new in, negotiating contracts, money for new players just isn't something Ashley is going to consider while he's owner IMO.

The fans are still pouring in watching this turgid football so as long as the stands are full and we don't go down that'll do for Ashley while he's here.

The football side of football is a massive inconvenience to Ashley, he cant be arsed with that shit. 

The football side of football is a massive inconvenience to Ashley, he cant be arsed with that s***. 

Which confuses me why he bothers turning up to watch us, home and away a lot of the time. We're dull as fuck to watch with no ambition, a precedent he sets. Odd

The football side of football is a massive inconvenience to Ashley, he cant be arsed with that s***. 

Which confuses me why he bothers turning up to watch us, home and away a lot of the time. We're dull as f*** to watch with no ambition, a precedent he sets. Odd

I honestly dont think he cares either way.  He can get up here pretty quick in his helicopter and be back down south pretty sharpish as well.  He'll be able to do all his gambling shit from St James no bother.

Which confuses me why he bothers turning up to watch us, home and away a lot of the time. We're dull as f*** to watch with no ambition, a precedent he sets. Odd

I honestly dont think he cares either way.  He can get up here pretty quick in his helicopter and be back down south pretty sharpish as well.  He'll be able to do all his gambling s*** from St James no bother.

Good shout. To be honest and ironically I'm about as interested in NUFC at the moment as Mike Ashley is :lol: I don't look forward to matches, I don't get excited, I don't cheer goals and perversely I'm more intrigued at the thought of losses to see how that "might" affect the managers position. I've got absolutely no desire to go down the ground to see a match.....what a sad state of affairs.

"Obertan was key in the season we finished 5th."

"We played well at Spurs last season."

Massive :facepalm:

If he said the first bit about Obertan that's right up there with the worst things he's ever said. Almost matches "Thank god we're not in the Europa League again."

Pardew was on the radio last night claiming the league was of a higher quality this season.  He's trying to make out that he isn't shit, it's the league being better than normal.  :lol:

Aye, QPR, Burnley and Leicester have really upped the ante :lol:

Obertan was key in the season we finished 5th? Really? The guy is genuinely mad.

2011-12 ratings for all premier league players who played more than 1000 minutes in the position of wide midfielder or attacking midfielder, based on methodology found here

http://thepowerof11.wordpress.com/tag/gabriel-obertan/

http://thepowerof11.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/smwa-rating.png

"Obertan was key in the season we finished 5th."

"We played well at Spurs last season."

Massive :facepalm:

If he said the first bit about Obertan that's right up there with the worst things he's ever said. Almost matches "Thank god we're not in the Europa League again."

“This is a player that played a big part in the season when we finished fifth.

“He’s not been the same since that year because he’s had injuries and he’s in and out. He’s a confidence player.

“When he has confidence he can be unplayable at times. He’s created the moments for us at times.”

His exact words re Obertan. :lol:

Pardew was on the radio last night claiming the league was of a higher quality this season.  He's trying to make out that he isn't s***, it's the league being better than normal.  :lol:

I have to try and avoid his interviews, they wind me up too much. It's when he starts saying "ya know Mike really loves this club" that really makes me blood boil.

Pardew was on the radio last night claiming the league was of a higher quality this season.  He's trying to make out that he isn't s***, it's the league being better than normal.  :lol:

I have to try and avoid his interviews, they wind me up too much. It's when he starts saying "ya know Mike really loves this club" that really makes me blood boil.

It's going to be good watching him soon because I don't expect anything from our next couple of league games and think we have little chance of getting anything off West Brom if they have a go at us.  It could be the end of November and QPR at home before we get our next points and even then we might struggle if the shithead is still here.

It's going to be good watching him soon because I don't expect anything from our next couple of league games and think we have little chance of getting anything off West Brom if they have a go at us.  It could be the end of November and QPR at home before we get our next points and even then we might struggle if the shithead is still here.

His smug grin in tv interviews quickly sends me into a rage too :lol: The interviews are utterly pointless anyway, just 100% waffle and PR bullshit.