Crystal Palace manager

Mick

"Edwards is banned from St James Park and quite rightly so" nah

"there were NOT thousands of Pardew out banners or leaflets on display" there was

"Most sensible level headed people" shit craic

"he simply had to accept his lot at NUFC" he voluntarily signed an 8 year contract 2 years into "accepting his lot", and voluntarily walked out when he wanted

"everything has a price and everything is for sale" despite this only Carroll, Debuchy and Cabaye were chosen to be sold

"Pardew had his hands firmly tied behind his back" absolutely vile

"there were NOT thousands of Pardew out banners or leaflets on display" there was

"Most sensible level headed people" s*** craic

"he simply had to accept his lot at NUFC" he voluntarily signed an 8 year contract 2 years into "accepting his lot"

"everything has a price and everything is for sale" despite this only Carroll, Debuchy and Cabaye were chosen to be sold

1. that's his opinion. Edwards is banned however and as such might affect his writing.

2. Pardew Out was by all accounts weak and half-hearted. He should've received hell.

3. Agree with you.

4. He did have to accept the conditions of the job which he largely had no control of. He should've resigned though aye. He had all his eggs in De Jong's basket.

5.  Ba too. Couldn't sign/keep Remy. All our standout performers during their time here.

"he simply had to accept his lot at NUFC" he voluntarily signed an 8 year contract 2 years into "accepting his lot"

1. that's his opinion. Edwards is banned however and as such might affect his writing.

2. Pardew Out was by all accounts weak and half-hearted. He should've received hell.

3. Agree with you.

4. He did have to accept the conditions of the job which he largely had no control of. He should've resigned though aye. He had all his eggs in De Jong's basket.

5.  Ba too. Couldn't sign/keep Remy. All our standout performers during their time here.

Ba was sold as his clause was met though which is slightly different for me, I think that was more of a cock up on the negotiations side rather than us wanting to sell the player as soon as a good offer came in. Off the top of my head there was only Carroll, Cabaye and Debuchy who were sold during their 'peak' because a good offer came in, and Carroll has only played about 2 games under him.

Not a terrible comment at all.

Edwards views are biased. Doesn't mean they don't have any value but clearly biased.

Most Newcastle fans (e.g. the ones that attend matches) seemed indifferent to Pardew. Certainly not hated. He only started getting abuse when we where bottom of the league after a number of games. Hear more moans at Goodison after drawing at home while they where midtable. The Leicester protest was so weak. Pardew largely had the crowd on his side.

Ashley does run the club like SD. Our income is less than it should be because he takes it for SD for free and that greatly limits our transfer pot.

Pardew was never allowed to build a side in his image (thank God) which is inefficient given our resources. End up wasting money on players that just aren't his bag.

Biased?  The guy is kind to Pardew in that article man, too kind IMO.

'Hands tied behind his back'

Aye it is a terrible comment, no matter which way you twist it.

He did. But that wasn't his problem.

He had full control over team selections, tactics ect.  The excuse that Cabaye was sold wore thin a long time ago and didn't mean he had to all of a sudden play Dan fucking Gosling every game, he tied his own hands.

The only players we've sold (for money) under Pardew were Carroll, Nolan, Routledge, Enrique, Best, Forster, Ba, Perch, Cabaye and Debuchy. Also Lua-Lua, Amalfitano and Tavernier but for pennies. Nowhere near as bad as Pardew would have us believe.

3. Agree with you.

I go to the match and despised him from the beginning, others around me and mates never had that view initially but by the end they all could not stand them. Now that didn't mean they turned up at games and protested or booed for whatever reason but they could not stand how shit we were and held him as responsible as Fat Mike. Others may have been nervous about who we would possibly get when he left. I personally didn't give a fuck as I couldn't stand hearing the shit that came out of his mouth any longer

The only player I can really think of that didn't get upgraded is Cabs. 

I suppose Remy and Ba were not really replaced despite supposed efforts, we have ended up with Cisse, Perez and Riviere which is not really good enough at this level, however Pardew said he was quite happy with the signings we had made and felt we were strong.

We do improve generally just not always in the most critical areas. Centre Half and Striker crucial as we are so weak there. We also need wingers and probably a better level of centre midfield but those 2 areas would be a great start.

For wide areas hopefully Cabella and Aarons can strengthen us in those areas and we have the likes of Sissoko (If he stays), De Jong and Perez offering a decent threat going forward hopefully. I still think would could have played a better formation and tactically with more freedom

Players being sold packed in being a reasonable excuse when he refused to use others who had been bought.

Cabaye sold? I know, why not use Marveaux who has played in that position before? No good? Ok why not move Sissoko into the centre and then use Ben Arfa on the right?

Nah they both hate me. I'll just be an awkward moany cunt and use Dan Gosling and Shola Ameobi instead to deliberately piss everyone off.

I think up until January last year our squad was improving year on year tbh. The sale of Cabaye and Remy not wanting anything to do with us after the season finished has been damaging but Pardew only exasperated that by giving away Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa and Ben Arfa for no apparent reason.

We've always had a pretty weird squad though, always missing a piece here or there, but we've always been good enough for the European places.

The only player I can really think of that didn't get upgraded is Cabs. 

I suppose Remy and Ba were not really replaced despite supposed efforts, we have ended up with Cisse, Perez and Riviere which is not really good enough at this level, however Pardew said he was quite happy with the signings we had made and felt we were strong.

We do improve generally just not always in the most critical areas. Centre Half and Striker crucial as we are so weak there. We also need wingers and probably a better level of centre midfield but those 2 areas would be a great start.

For wide areas hopefully Cabella and Aarons can strengthen us in those areas and we have the likes of Sissoko (If he stays), De Jong and Perez offering a decent threat going forward hopefully. I still think would could have played a better formation and tactically with more freedom

He loaned out our CB, he also loaned out two creative players we had. So he actually weakened it. Recall HBA/Marv/MYM suddely that squad looks a lot better

Yip, true we would have had greater options. Still can't quite believe he kept Williamson and Taylor and loaned MYM out because he had no faith in his heading abilities :lol:

I think up until January last year our squad was improving year on year tbh. The sale of Cabaye and Remy not wanting anything to do with us after the season finished has been damaging but Pardew only exasperated that by giving away Marveaux, Yanga-Mbiwa and Ben Arfa for no apparent reason.

We've always had a pretty weird squad though, always missing a piece here or there, but we've always been good enough for the European places.

We brought in a few in the summer with Janmaat (Good signing), Perez (Looks outstanding value), Cabella (Starting to get there?), De Jong (Hopefully decent when fit). Striker was the big one needed and they got Riviere (Who Pardew endorsed) and is not really good enough. But that's there plan 4 that could improve and 1 that probably won't retain the value. Pardew can't complain with the quality of at least Janmaat and Perez after all Colback was probably his signing and he likes players like Dummet and Williamson.

Guest firetotheworks

'Hands tied behind his back'

Aye it is a terrible comment, no matter which way you twist it.

He did. But that wasn't his problem.

No he didn't. It's nonsense. Where have you been man? Managers with their hands tied behind their backs don't defend, praise and dedicate wins to the person that's supposedly tying them. They don't defend the appointment of Joe Kinnear, or tell everyone that Mike Ashley is the best boss that they've ever had and tell the club's fans that they should be thankful to Mike Ashley for not selling the club's best players.

He runs with the hare and hunts with the hound, man. There's nothing more to it than that. He says whatever suits his own self preservation, that's it. His hands weren't tied in the slightest.

The only players we've sold (for money) under Pardew were Carroll, Nolan, Routledge, Enrique, Best, Forster, Ba, Perch, Cabaye and Debuchy. Also Lua-Lua, Amalfitano and Tavernier but for pennies. Nowhere near as bad as Pardew would have us believe.

Ben Arfa

Cabaye

Ba (free)

Marveaux (free)

Abeid

Obertan

Santon

Elliot

Cisse

Amalfitano

Bigi

Good

Anita

Debuchy

Yanga-Mbiwa

Gouffran

Haidara

Sissoko

Mbabu

Kemen

Remy (loan)

De Jong

Perez

Colback (free)

De Jong

Cabella

Riviere

Janmaat

Ferreyra

Darlow (loaned)

Lascelles (loaned)

Interesting contrast.

Players being sold packed in being a reasonable excuse when he refused to use others who had been bought.

Cabaye sold? I know, why not use Marveaux who has played in that position before? No good? Ok why not move Sissoko into the centre and then use Ben Arfa on the right?

Nah they both hate me. I'll just be an awkward moany c*** and use Dan Gosling and Shola Ameobi instead to deliberately p*ss everyone off.

love this post. its so painfully true and correct.

I'd love to see Alan Pardew with his hands literally tied behind his back like, shortly before being rolled in tarpaulin, weighed down with concrete and hoyed off a bridge.

After Bimpy's wife shat on his head.

Poor Bimpy's wife. She'll always be here!