Newcastle 3 - 3 Crystal Palace - 30/8/14 - Post match reaction from p. 42

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

I don't believe in this whole Ashley not caring thing as well. Of course he doesn't care what you say and think on one hand if the other is also giving him money. Stop giving him money/stop going and things change. No one believes that it'll make any difference though, so you go and you give him money and it definitely means that things won't change.

I want Newcastle to win every game, I must be a Pardew sympathiser.

I hate Pardew but I don't think for a second he is on the verge of being sacked . Perhaps if we dont meet our target at the end of the season, which is probably a top 10 finish.

Ashley doesnt care if people boo and he doesn't care what people think or want.

I presume those who want us to lose dont attend home games anymore?

I don't go anymore because of him. For that reason alone I want us to lose every game, so that I can go back to doing what I've always done.

Do you think most Newcastle fans want their team to lose?

If you lived in a crumbling shithole of a house, and the only way to get the insurance money to buy a lovely new one was to see the shithole burned down, you'd cheer every time you saw a flame. You might even try to burn the fucker down yourself.

I hate Pardew but I don't think for a second he is on the verge of being sacked . Perhaps if we dont meet our target at the end of the season, which is probably a top 10 finish.

I don't go anymore because of him. For that reason alone I want us to lose every game, so that I can go back to doing what I've always done.

Nope, and that's the problem. If they were, and were vocal about it, change would happen.

Guest firetotheworks

If you lived in a crumbling shithole of a house, and the only way to get the insurance money to buy a lovely new one was to see the shithole burned down, you'd cheer every time you saw a flame. You might even try to burn the f***er down yourself.

Decent analogy.

I'd say most of our fans only really care about the league table due to them only ever seeing highlights and the odd televised game. It's the people who go every week and voluntarily sit through this shit who should be questioned, though I suspect "It's what you do, isn't it?" would be the answer.

When did I say I think we can win and Pardew still get sacked?

You said "You can want Pardew out and still want Newcastle to win."  How does that work?

So if you don't rate a manager at your football club you should start supporting the opposition. Fuck off man.

You said "You can want Pardew out and still want Newcastle to win."  How does that work?

I have this thing in my head that allows me to hold more than one view on separate issues.

I wanted Sunderland to lose and Di Canio to stay.  Blowing your mind now, right?

If you lived in a crumbling shithole of a house, and the only way to get the insurance money to buy a lovely new one was to see the shithole burned down, you'd cheer every time you saw a flame. You might even try to burn the f***er down yourself.

Decent analogy.

Just ran out with a jerry can and did this. Doesn't work in a rented property for anyone thinking about it.

Can't say I'm that arsed what most fans think tbh. The majority have embraced mediocrity with open arms and I've got no time for it.

So if you don't rate a manager at your football club you should start supporting the opposition. Fuck off man.

"don't rate a manager" :lol:  aye that's it

Guest firetotheworks

So if you don't rate a manager at your football club you should start supporting the opposition. f*** off man.

How is that in ANY WAY what he said? :lol: 'don't rate'

Can't say I'm that arsed what most fans think tbh. The majority have embraced mediocrity with open arms and I've got no time for it.

Was just interested to see where you think you stand.

Interesting to see how people view themselves.

I have this thing in my head that allows me to hold more than one view on separate issues.

I wanted Sunderland to lose and Di Canio to stay.  Blowing your mind now, right?

you mean exactly like the mackems would like us to lose and pardew to stay for eternity so they can keep beating us with embarrassing ease?  ok then

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Exactly how are wanting us to win and wanting Pardew out 'separate issues'? They're intrinsically related and that's exactly why your way of thinking makes no sense.

Your example makes no sense. You wanted Di Canio to stay BECAUSE it means that Sunderland would lose more often. How can you want Pardew to leave yet want us to win. You want him to leave BECAUSE we lose. They're different things.

Guest firetotheworks

Try finding a Newcastle 'fan' or any other fan, for that matter, ouside this forum who wants their team to lose.

Its embarrassing.

To me embracing mediocrity is embarrassing, especially for a set of fans that were once so ambitious/deluded (depending on your point of view)

Try finding a Newcastle 'fan' or any other fan, for that matter, ouside this forum who wants their team to lose.

Its embarrassing.

It's a weird one I don't think I actively want to use win or lose at the moment.

I can't quite bring myself to cheer the opposition scoring (and I'd probably get kicked in at the ground) but I'm certainly not arsed when they do.

Its embarrassing.

People away from the forum do want us to lose, they want us to lose because they feel that we have more chance of getting rid of our shitty manager and they feel that we'll have a better chance of winning without our shitty manager.

Its embarrassing.

Again we want Pardew out and in order to do this we must lose.

I'm not sure what's so hard to grasp about "short term pain long gain" even if this isn't guaranteed the fact it contains hope is enough for some of us.