Newcastle 3 - 3 Crystal Palace - 30/8/14 - Post match reaction from p. 42

Mike

How sad not to walk away with 3 points against a club like Crystal Palace. We as a club are going nowhere but down. Nothing like having a football match ruin your weekend. I have no faith that we will turn things around. This sense of hopelessness is putting me off football all together.

Watched the whole game more dispassionately than I ever have when NUFC are involved....only time I got really into it was when Aarons curled that shot into the post(unlucky not to score) but I thought it summed the game up when Williamson scored from the rebound. Unless he spends too much time with Pardew, Aarons has the makings of a very good player...pity he didn't have KK or similar in charge of his development.

Poor performances from many players ; Cabella was very moderate although he did keep trying, de Jong invisible after that run into the box in the first half, Sissoko hopeless in that position, tries to beat players when a quick pass and move would be better and he holds up the flow of the game. Haidara was more involved in the game than most and kept attacking down the left side and he combined well with Aarons when he came on but Hiadara needs to work more on the defensive side of his game. Janmaat is fitting in quite well, looks a threat going forward but did leave gaps occasionally at the back....we would have lost if he hadn't scored that first half equalizer. Riviere will be lucky to score by Christmas in the current set-up and I have doubts as to whether he will get any assistance before January - can't see any signings today unless Ashley was as shocked as the rest of us by the appalling defending that lead to all Palace goals, but especially the 2nd and 3rd - Puncheon had enough time to write his name on the ball before he despatched it past Krul and at least 3 players - Colo, Colback and Janmaat - could be culpable for that as they were all close enough to have attempted a block or challenge. Dropping points at SJP to a moderate outfit like Palace(who did deserve something out of the game as they were the better side for the last 25 minutes , Aarons apart) does not augur well for future tussles and we could easily lose by 4 or 5 against the likes of Spurs or Chelsea.

Once again, the club's parsimony - they have only spent the money they received for outgoing players - could come back to haunt them and this time it looks as if Pardew is not going to get the benefit of a good start ; lose to Saints and then to Hull at SJP and I cannot see how this total Gobsh-te can keep his job. As for implicating the crowd in losing the 3rd Palace goal(we were caught up in the crowd wanting a 4th), these are the comments of an idiot...perhaps he's forgotten what happened down at the Emirates when Arsenal's fans wanted THEM to go for a 4th against us...they got another 3 instead...

Another dire season beckons under this Pinocchio double......

Why the f*** was Anita marking the man at the back post and Riviere marking thin air? f***ing asking for an equaliser.

Anita told Riviere to mark him and he said nar. Saw it from the Gallowgate. f***ing ridiculous.

This!! Was fucking horrible watching it all unfold knowing the potential outcome! I'm getting angry again just at the thought of it all happening again! Anita was far too nice!

We need Anita in there imo.  I love him, I think he's a cracking player but you only really tend to notice what he does so well when he's not there (like today).  He keeps it simple but keeps it moving, usually forward, and his natural movement means there's always an option on in midfield for a pass.  He just kind of ties the whole thing together for me acting like a lynch-pin in the middle that we can rotate around.

We do have a bit of a problem in that area in that neither Vurn, Sissoko or De Jong, who I consider our best 3 for the midfield with De Jong furthest forward behind the striker, are particularly creative and Riviere isn't mobile or creative enough to play the lone striker role and bring others into play.

Every time I try and pick our best 11 I come to a 4-3-3 but struggle to find a place for De Jong (assuming we buy another creative CM).  For me it'd be Vurn sitting deep with Sissoko as a box to box and our new creative CM at the tip of the midfield 3 and Perez up front with HBA and Cabella either side of him.  De Jong can fill that role at the tip but it's not one he's particularly suited for.  Could work if HBA and Cabella are given license to move into the centre depending on which area of the pitch play is moving in.  If the ball's on the left then HBA move into the AM slot and Janmaat push on for width and vice versa with Cabella and Haidara if we're playing up the right.

We need Anita in there imo.  I love him, I think he's a cracking player but you only really tend to notice what he does so well when he's not there (like today).  He keeps it simple but keeps it moving, usually forward, and his natural movement means there's always an option on in midfield for a pass.  He just kind of ties the whole thing together for me acting like a lynch-pin in the middle that we can rotate around.

finally, you're talking some sense

Watched the whole game more dispassionately than I ever have when NUFC are involved....only time I got really into it was when Aarons curled that shot into the post(unlucky not to score) but I thought it summed the game up when Williamson scored from the rebound. Unless he spends too much time with Pardew, Aarons has the makings of a very good player...pity he didn't have KK or similar in charge of his development.

Poor performances from many players ; Cabella was very moderate although he did keep trying, de Jong invisible after that run into the box in the first half, Sissoko hopeless in that position, tries to beat players when a quick pass and move would be better and he holds up the flow of the game. Haidara was more involved in the game than most and kept attacking down the left side and he combined well with Aarons when he came on but Hiadara needs to work more on the defensive side of his game. Janmaat is fitting in quite well, looks a threat going forward but did leave gaps occasionally at the back....we would have lost if he hadn't scored that first half equalizer. Riviere will be lucky to score by Christmas in the current set-up and I have doubts as to whether he will get any assistance before January - can't see any signings today unless Ashley was as shocked as the rest of us by the appalling defending that lead to all Palace goals, but especially the 2nd and 3rd - Puncheon had enough time to write his name on the ball before he despatched it past Krul and at least 3 players - Colo, Colback and Janmaat - could be culpable for that as they were all close enough to have attempted a block or challenge. Dropping points at SJP to a moderate outfit like Palace(who did deserve something out of the game as they were the better side for the last 25 minutes , Aarons apart) does not augur well for future tussles and we could easily lose by 4 or 5 against the likes of Spurs or Chelsea.

Once again, the club's parsimony - they have only spent the money they received for outgoing players - could come back to haunt them and this time it looks as if Pardew is not going to get the benefit of a good start ; lose to Saints and then to Hull at SJP and I cannot see how this total Gobsh-te can keep his job. As for implicating the crowd in losing the 3rd Palace goal(we were caught up in the crowd wanting a 4th), these are the comments of an idiot...perhaps he's forgotten what happened down at the Emirates when Arsenal's fans wanted THEM to go for a 4th against us...they got another 3 instead...

Another dire season beckons under this Pinocchio double......

Enjoyed reading that, good summing up

Having seen the highlights you can see on Palace's 3rd goal that the Gallowgate sucked the ball into the back of the net. #FansOut

Guest chopey

I have just been talking to a bloke who attended his first game in three years yesturday and he said it was horrific.

From the awful brand of "play not to lose" football to the terrible atmosphere he says he won't be back until pardew is long gone

I was at the game &I didn't think the atmosphere was that bad, have seen worse.

We were all over the shop though and I have to admit Palace were worthy of their point. Unreal we couldn't even hold on for 7 minutes to get the win we needed.

On the other hand we wouldn't have got anything from the game if we hadn't brought Aaron's on.

He is a must start for me away to Southampton. A game I can't see us getting anything from unfortunately.

We have had 2 horrific seasons since the fraud has been found out. We are embarking on a third horrific season, with this cunt in charge. Nothing has changed, and nothing will change. We already KNOW what has gone on, and the twat was happy with himself reaching his "target" last season, so we KNOW that it will be the same this season. Ergo, I want us to lose as many games as it would take to get this life-sucking turd-spouting lying charlatan as far away from my club as possible. Simple logic.

This isn't the club I fell in love with 23 years ago, and al pards is a major reason for that. Get out. Cunt.

We were fortunate to get away with a draw. Every time Palace attacked we looked in real danger of conceding and I've absolutely no idea how we managed to score three goals.

We're absolutely garbage. No zip or urgency, attacking players needing to drop back into their own half to get any meaningful touch of the ball, no organisation at the back and we're fucking around with a formation that nearly got us relegated two years ago and seems to suit us even less now.

Pardew is a cancer. It doesn't matter how much money Ashley spends with him in charge. He's worse than Souness, which is something I never thought I'd say.

:thup:

So we are already 4 points down from last seasons total after only 3 games... :lol:

Deservedly so, we shouldn't really have got a point from yesterday's game either, Palace were unlucky. Zaha and Puncheon looked better than our forwards which says a lot about our transfer work in the summer.