SackPardew.com

Decky

Literally ask any Newcastle fan and they'll tell you the main problem is Mike Ashley, suggesting otherwise is pointless, I'm not ever sure why you would do it.

Thing is, ask any fan in the country about their club's ownership and very few will be really happy - even those at clubs with mega rich owners spending crazy money are, in the main, not totally comfortable with it.  Ours gets a lot of attention because he's a high profile retailer but other than him I'd struggle to name many, apart from the Glazers, Short and Gibson. Even the nutters at Hull, Cardiff and QPR's names escape me despite all the press they get. Our ownership is little more than symptomatic of what English football has become in the 21st century. We're certainly not unique.

The manager issue is different. They do vary enormously.

However for Saturday's protest to have failed so miserably, despite a year of poor results, last week's 4-0 hammering and being 2-0 down at home raises a lot of questions about how they went about it. It was a moment when they had everything going for them.

My feeling is that Newcastle fans in the main are just sick of gimmicky protests and the embarrassment they cause. We've had poorly attended marches, mock funerals, open top buses, billboards etc. We've waved flags, banners etc and had more splinter protest groups than most could remember. It seems to achieve little more than bringing a few extra press vultures up from London for a weekend hoping to pile more ridicule on us.

Backslapping each other about a well organised protest - which it obviously wasn't - and to have those who did want protest calling the 48,500 or so who didn't, "sheep", "c***s", "knackers" "idiots" or whatever is not really the way forward.  Or maybe it is in their eyes ?

What is needed is a sane, rational, non-gimmicky agenda which engages the majority of match attending supporters and the city in general.

That or a practical, business savvy consortium like the original Magpie Group who would be taken seriously.

Yeah, the argument on there is really irrational and insane. Especially the statements. :lol:

The problem isn't and wasn't the first organised and factually based protest without any ego fronting it - the problem is what the club has managed to do to the fanbase. If there's no expectation of anything, there will be very little disappointment.

Literally ask any Newcastle fan and they'll tell you the main problem is Mike Ashley, suggesting otherwise is pointless, I'm not ever sure why you would do it.

Thing is, ask any fan in the country about their club's ownership and very few will be really happy - even those at clubs with mega rich owners spending crazy money are, in the main, not totally comfortable with it.  Ours gets a lot of attention because he's a high profile retailer but other than him I'd struggle to name many, apart from the Glazers, Short and Gibson. Even the nutters at Hull, Cardiff and QPR's names escape me despite all the press they get. Our ownership is little more than symptomatic of what English football has become in the 21st century. We're certainly not unique.

The manager issue is different. They do vary enormously.

However for Saturday's protest to have failed so miserably, despite a year of poor results, last week's 4-0 hammering and being 2-0 down at home raises a lot of questions about how they went about it. It was a moment when they had everything going for them.

My feeling is that Newcastle fans in the main are just sick of gimmicky protests and the embarrassment they cause. We've had poorly attended marches, mock funerals, open top buses, billboards etc. We've waved flags, banners etc and had more splinter protest groups than most could remember. It seems to achieve little more than bringing a few extra press vultures up from London for a weekend hoping to pile more ridicule on us.

Backslapping each other about a well organised protest - which it obviously wasn't - and to have those who did want protest calling the 48,500 or so who didn't, "sheep", "cunts", "knackers" "idiots" or whatever is not really the way forward.  Or maybe it is in their eyes ?

What is needed is a sane, rational, non-gimmicky agenda which engages the majority of match attending supporters and the city in general.

That or a practical, business savvy consortium like the original Magpie Group who would be taken seriously.

Think the protest failed pretty much down to one thing. Sure, the Colloccini and others asking for backing and the stewards removing a proportion of flyers didn't help, also the mixed feelings of doing something that might affect the expression of support for Jonas and the team played a part. But I think the fact that it was suggested people do something at a specific time was a killer. People angry going into the ground felt thy needed to hold back before venting and it killed the mood.

It's fine for a round of applause, but plenty were sitting on their hands waiting for a reaction at 5 minutes and when it was sporadic at best, like fuck were they going to hold up an A4 sheet and join in.

The fundamental flaw in comparing the relevant strengths of our squad to, say, Everton is that you are only viewing the merits of the Everton players as coached by Martinez or Moyes and our players as coached by Pardew.  That exacerbates any difference in quality between the squads.

Even at 2-0 down at home at Hull City, the people in the ground didn't bother kicking up a fuss. Then they applauded the players off after a draw that left the club in the relegation zone.

That says more about them than the people organising the protest.

Oh sorry yes they supported their team and roared them on to a comeback didn't they? Weird like cos most of the people round me just sat and whinged to each other.

The fundamental flaw in comparing the relevant strengths of our squad to, say, Everton is that you are only viewing the merits of the Everton players as coached by Martinez or Moyes and our players as coached by Pardew.  That exacerbates any difference in quality between the squads.

Aye, as if Naismith would score in our team ffs :lol:

John Carver

“Every Monday he comes into work having compiled a defensive report on the opposition.

That’s his project, working with our video analysts to provide players with the best information.

“This week, for example, he will talk about Manchester City’s angles of attack, their set-pieces, their movement, as well as focussing on individuals.

“The lads will be made aware of ­Dzeko’s strengths and weaknesses, the best way to nullify Silva, Milner’s ­incredible work-rate, everything.

“That takes care of Monday to ­Thursday. On Friday it’s my turn when we look at ways to get at opponents. Put simply, Alan concentrates on how not to lose and I then find ways to win.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There seems to be a big difference between the views of passive weekend fans and people who take a genuine interest in the club. Everyone in the Facebook comments for Chronicle articles are raging about him. They're pointing out facts from sackpardew and they're using quotes about challenging for champions league and him now saying we can't compete for top six. The passive fan that Sky find on the street though trots out some nonsense about him needing time and how Ashley is at fault.  My attitude has always been that of course we'll do nothing big with Ashley in charge, but at the end of the day once the transfer window shuts the squad is the squad. In the months between September and January I look at this squad and think about where it should finish. It's a weak squad, probably somewhere between 9th and 14th in quality because of some glaring weaknesses in defence and up front. What it isn't however is rock bottom material. People aren't going to convince me that Burnley, Leicester and QPR have better squads for starters. Then there's the likes of Hull, Villa and Crystal Palace. We should at least be competitive with those squads. At present we're not and there is no excuse for that, even for those who would like to lay it at Ashley's door. Pardew has a squad that with some positivity should be top half and then he should pressure Ashley in January. He won't though because he's a spineless goon.

For me the protest is a success. The attention it has gotten is phenomenal. Momentum will build because the Spotlight is on Pardew. He isn't going to become a good manager any time soon so we'll keep being awful. After a while it will tell. Look at how he looked last week. He looked like he'd rolled out of bed after downing a bottle of whiskey the night before. I believe he'll go sooner or later, so no reason not to keep the pressure on.  Anyone saying "who else would we get?" needs to be promptly told where to go. Anyone is the answer. Anyone who will set up to win games, who isn't beaten before he starts. Also I'll take anyone who isn't losing almost every game. That's what Pardew is. He's defeat, he's negativity and he's like waking up on a cloudy day, with it starting to piss down and you realise you don't have a coat.

John Carver

“Every Monday he comes into work having compiled a defensive report on the opposition.

That’s his project, working with our video analysts to provide players with the best information.

“This week, for example, he will talk about Manchester City’s angles of attack, their set-pieces, their movement, as well as focussing on individuals.

“The lads will be made aware of ­Dzeko’s strengths and weaknesses, the best way to nullify Silva, Milner’s ­incredible work-rate, everything.

“That takes care of Monday to ­Thursday. On Friday it’s my turn when we look at ways to get at opponents. Put simply, Alan concentrates on how not to lose and I then find ways to win.”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In that case they are both monumental failures.

John Carver

Someone please tell me that this is a joke

John Carver

The teams I usually enjoy watching are those that press the opposition high up the pitch - or front foot football if you like. That seems to be the exact opposite to what we set out to do according to Carver, although that's no great surprise.

John Carver

:lol: Fucking hell.

Steve Stone - We dont want the ball

"you are at your weakest when you have the ball, when you are attacking or when you have a corner."

I would say a team is at is most dangerous when it has the ball.

How are you meant to score when you dont have the ball.

FFS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"Dont attack lads, they will score!"

Absolute flids at our club.

"you are at your weakest when you have the ball, when you are attacking or when you have a corner."

Someone hurry up and let Guardiola know he's an idiot with all this 80% possession stuff. I mean how many games do they win doing that?

what the actual fucking fuck is this shit.