A letter of resignation.

MKSC

This 'I'm a better fan because I held up a flyer' patter is almost as bad as the supafan mongs who were denouncing the protests.

Laughing at people striving for change is okay then I presume?

Laughing at nobody. The organisation around the protest was fantastic and I had me flyer, just tired of reading constant griefing of the '50,000 idiots'.

Very much this.

To call someone and idiot because they happen to have a different viewpoint is extremely arrogant. Like I said earlier, genuine football fans are loyal to their club by default, to ask them to stop going, shout against their team and actually want the opposition to win goes against the grain....and besides, nobody likes being told what to do.

I think it's going to take another home thrashing for it to turn nasty again, but I'm sure the next one isn't far away.

This club, at this period of time, is literally the only time in the entire history of English football that this has happened. Any other club, at any other point in time, and Pardew is out of a job.

There are teams that have been relegated and have kept their manager so I don't see that. Also how many clubs have sacked their manager 5 games after finishing 10th in the top flight?

Not that I'm supporting the hopeless b******, just playing devil's advocate.

Spurs just sacked their manager for coming 6th. The previous one was sacked in 7th. The one before him was sacked after coming 4th.

Spurs have an ambitious but trigger happy owner and Liverpool are a successful club.

10th place for Newcastle is probably above our historical average, and anyway we all know that Pardew isn't employed for footballing reasons.

I don't have a problem with 10th place finishes as such, but when you are actively wanting to avoid Europe and any cup runs then it starts to stick in the craw. Then serving up s*** football on top of that is the straw breaking the camel's back.

Exactly, so the focus needs to be on his footballing integrity. That goes above any s*** footballing records or tactics. He is complicit in stripping away ambition in order to basically milk money from the club, obviously same with Ashley with Sports Direct.

Those who choose to jack in should really desist in calling folk who choose to attend. It's a cuntish thing to do.

I fully respect anyone's decision to jack it in. It is after all your own choice. Resignation letters etc. are a f***ing embarrassment. If you don't want to go then DON'T f***ing GO. What makes folk like this think they need to justify their own actions?

The only thing that will bring effective change today is exactly the same as what would have brought effective change in the mid 70's onwards. Just stop going - but sadly that isn't going to happen.

They're really not, at least, not necessarily. "What makes people feel the need to justify [their] own actions?" The fact that, as MKSC points out, he loves a club and up until now has been prepared to shell out spectacular amounts of money, time, and goodwill to follow them. He has, like all of us, continually had to justify his own actions in doing so - to himself and his family/friends, and clearly the camel's back has been broken.

Just "not going" is not going to be enough. As has been demonstrated, someone will fill that space, and nothing will change. People don't write these letters to justify their own actions, they write these letters to try to make a point to others who have not yet made that leap. They have quite clearly already justified those actions to the most important person, themselves. As have you, and others who continue to go, and fair enough. It just seems that you are outrageously dismissive of the internal debate, heartache and genuine stress that goes with making such a decision. It's harder to make a major life change like that than it is to just carry on as before.

Of course, if things change then MKSC will possibly go back, as did Mike to the Knicks etc etc. It's weird that you state that the only thing that will bring change is to "stop going", yet you are effectively castigating those who do just that.

Guest Rude Kid

This 'I'm a better fan because I held up a flyer' patter is almost as bad as the supafan mongs who were denouncing the protests.

Laughing at nobody. The organisation around the protest was fantastic and I had me flyer, just tired of reading constant griefing of the '50,000 idiots'.

Very much this.

To call someone and idiot because they happen to have a different viewpoint is extremely arrogant. Like I said earlier, genuine football fans are loyal to their club by default, to ask them to stop going, shout against their team and actually want the opposition to win goes against the grain....and besides, nobody likes being told what to do.

I think it's going to take another home thrashing for it to turn nasty again, but I'm sure the next one isn't far away.

This club, at this period of time, is literally the only time in the entire history of English football that this has happened. Any other club, at any other point in time, and Pardew is out of a job.

There are teams that have been relegated and have kept their manager so I don't see that. Also how many clubs have sacked their manager 5 games after finishing 10th in the top flight?

Spurs just sacked their manager for coming 6th. The previous one was sacked in 7th. The one before him was sacked after coming 4th.

Spurs have an ambitious but trigger happy owner and Liverpool are a successful club.

10th place for Newcastle is probably above our historical average, and anyway we all know that Pardew isn't employed for footballing reasons.

I don't have a problem with 10th place finishes as such, but when you are actively wanting to avoid Europe and any cup runs then it starts to stick in the craw. Then serving up s*** football on top of that is the straw breaking the camel's back.

I agree, was just countering someone saying that in any other time in English football history, he would be gone. We all know he's fulfilling the owner's instructions of barely keeping us in the PL, so he can advertise his company all over the world. Do you honestly think Ashley gives a toss what style of football he plays?

He'll only do something about the situation when he sees our PL status is threatened. I think most of our fans know we're deep in the s***, but clearly Ashley (the man who employed JFK twice lest we forgot) knows as little about football as he did in 2008.

I respect anyone who's giving in, resigning, saying enough is enough. In fact, I envy you the ability to do so. I have tried, several times. Some forum members here can confirm that (not that they necessarily will), but I'm not BS'ing.

In the summer I considered Chelsea. Not because I was desperate finding a new club, but because they have Mourinho, a team full of awesome players, are London based, and have the financial strength to accompany a great ambitions.

But the passion and interest wasn't there.No matter how much I try, I just can't seem to change club or even stop following Newcastle. Just can't. Sorry.

Even though it is fucking torturing at the moment, and probably will stay this way until we get a proper owner, I'll lurk around.

The connection I have with Newcastle started with Alan Shearer signing and all the way up to the "Ashley"-era, and the memory from that period has made sure the connection can best be compared to that of being in relationship with a dead-sexy girl which either 1) drives you mad, 2) is about to break-up with you or visa-versa 3) has some annoying habits that goes on your nerves.

...But you still love her to bits.

Very much this.

I agree, was just countering someone saying that in any other time in English football history, he would be gone. We all know he's fulfilling the owner's instructions of barely keeping us in the PL, so he can advertise his company all over the world. Do you honestly think Ashley gives a toss what style of football he plays?

He'll only do something about the situation when he sees our PL status is threatened. I think most of our fans know we're deep in the s***, but clearly Ashley (the man who employed JFK twice lest we forgot) knows as little about football as he did in 2008.

I was trying to be upfront with my hyperbole like. He's in a very small pool of managers though, especially considering he's managing a club like Newcastle United. He's been very clearly out of his depth for around 2 years now, there's no point in keeping him here, I cannot fathom why any fan wouldn't at least be slightly interested in shafting him and seeing where we go from there. The isn't anything to lose, there's potentially a lot to gain.

In the summer I considered Chelsea. Not because I was desperate finding a new club, but because they have Mourinho, a team full of awesome players, are London based, and have the financial strength to accompany a great ambitions.

Wot.

Yes, wot is the right thing to say here. I'm giving you that. Just goes to show how far 'down' Mike Ashley has push me as a supporter. Nuff said.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't stop, but I honestly watched on yesterday like someone that has no interest in football. My passion is totally lacking, he's pillaged it from me.

Wot.

Yes, wot is the right thing to say here. I'm giving you that. Just goes to show how far 'down' Mike Ashley has push me as a supporter. Nuff said.

Fucking hell :lol:

"Considered Chelsea". Is this a joke btw?

I can understand following another club, but not as a replacement, just a way to enjoy football again until we get our club back.  It couldn't be a rival/someone in the same league though, and definitely not fucking Chelsea!

I can understand following another club, but not as a replacement, just a way to enjoy football again until we get our club back.  It couldn't be a rival/someone in the same league though, and definitely not f***ing Chelsea!

As I wrote, I couldn't get myself to do that. For me, to follow another club in EPL is out of the question. But, I do enjoy following individual players. Out of all the players in EPL Aguero sticks out for me.

I can understand following another club, but not as a replacement, just a way to enjoy football again until we get our club back.  It couldn't be a rival/someone in the same league though, and definitely not f***ing Chelsea!

As I wrote, I couldn't get myself to do that. For me, to follow another club in EPL is out of the question. But, I do enjoy following individual players. Out of all the players in EPL Aguero sticks out for me.

I think you should have a chat with Froggy :thup:

I respect anyone who's giving in, resigning, saying enough is enough. In fact, I envy you the ability to do so. I have tried, several times. Some forum members here can confirm that (not that they necessarily will), but I'm not BS'ing.

But the passion and interest wasn't there.No matter how much I try, I just can't seem to change club or even stop following Newcastle. Just can't. Sorry.

Even though it is fucking torturing at the moment, and probably will stay this way until we get a proper owner, I'll lurk around.

The connection I have with Newcastle started with Alan Shearer signing and all the way up to the "Ashley"-era, and the memory from that period has made sure the connection can best be compared to that of being in relationship with a dead-sexy girl which either 1) drives you mad, 2) is about to break-up with you or visa-versa 3) has some annoying habits that goes on your nerves.

:spit:

Why would anyone admit to this in public, even if they did it? Clearly a joke.

Even though it is f***ing torturing at the moment, and probably will stay this way until we get a proper owner, I'll lurk around.

Makes it sound like he was considering a transfer.

Everything really is bad forever isn't it? In relation to NUFC I have nothing to look forward to. No player I'm excited to see shine, no transfer rumors interest me, not a decent cup run to hope for. I barely notice come match day. Never before felt such indifference towards Newcastle. I thought I was maybe losing interest in football altogether if it wasn't for going seeing Iceland beat Turkey couple of weeks a go. Haven't felt hopeful and excited like that towards NUFC for a very long time. I really can't be bothered about club football these days, just seems empty and hollow.

NUFC is a soulless husk of Sports Direct advertisements. My passion's all but gone.

I live in Aberdeen, but I've loved Newcastle all my life. My Dad's a lifelong fan, which rubbed-off on me growing-up. I remember the days when an NUFC win would ensure I was absolute buzzing all weekend long, while a loss would make me want to hide in my room and never come out.

Now, I just feel apathetic. I can't get angry about these cunts anymore. They've sucked the life out of me.

Last season I bought a season ticket for Aberdeen for the first time in 9 years, just so I have some football to enjoy while the vampires suck the life out of NUFC. My old man and I used to come down to Newcastle half-a-dozen times a season, but not any more. We've both resolved to not come back until something happens.

Perhaps I'm all that's wrong with our support, but whatever. It's like being stuck in a long, drawn-out relationship with someone I absolutely despise but just can't detach myself from. Awful.

Honestly this board is probably the only nufc related thing I still care about

Same, it's preserved what I used to know about NUFC, the only place I recognise. :thup:

By the way, one of the biggest disgraces about the Ashley tenure is in how fractured the fanbase is these days.

This, it's really sad to see people so suspecting and antagonising.

Even though it is f***ing torturing at the moment, and probably will stay this way until we get a proper owner, I'll lurk around.

Is it a bad thing if we lose fans, with no links to the area/club, who 'consider Chelsea'.

Is it a bad thing if we lose fans, with no links to the area/club, who 'consider Chelsea'.

Hahaha unreal this, in fact the whole thread is, how can anyone consider resigning as a fan ffs . You can't just decide that you no longer want to support the club and if you do then hahahahaha