Newcastle United v Leicester City 18/10/14 - 4pm KO

Sima

A Leicester fanzines take on it;

The international break is almost over and what with our last two results and performances in the Premier League being below par I thought it was worth another optimeter to get those positive vibes rolling for Saturday.

Newcastle's off the field problems are well documented. Their fans do not like Alan Pardew and want him gone, despite being the man who almost lead them to the Champions League a few seasons back - on a shoestring budget due to Mike Ashley being a tight bastard.

Pardew has also unearthed some excellent signings in his time there on a lowish budget. They have started the season very badly. The delusion of Geordie's believing they should be/are a top four/five club has never been more prominent than it is at the moment. Stability is key and Pardew provides that... Who out there would take the toon to the next level?

Our most recent meeting came in the championship five seasons ago. Newcastle won at St James and we failed to score a goal in both matches. Four defeats in a row for The Foxes at Newcastle only scoring once. The omens don't look good. Our last win away up in the toon was under Martin O Neil with Cottee and Robbie Savage bagging the goals in a fine 2-0 victory.

It will be interesting to see what team NP puts out, I envisage changes from the Burnley game in the starting 11 and on the bench.

Can we win? I don't think so. I fear a rejuvenated Newcastle with the spotlight off Pardew briefly in the international break and we will lose 2-0.

:lol:

My first ever game at SJP, that. The week after the Chelsea semi final. Managed to meet Beardsley, too, so I was well chuffed.

The international break is almost over and what with our last two results and performances in the Premier League being below par I thought it was worth another optimeter to get those positive vibes rolling for Saturday.

Newcastle's off the field problems are well documented. Their fans do not like Alan Pardew and want him gone, despite being the man who almost lead them to the Champions League a few seasons back - on a shoestring budget due to Mike Ashley being a tight bastard.

Pardew has also unearthed some excellent signings in his time there on a lowish budget. They have started the season very badly. The delusion of Geordie's believing they should be/are a top four/five club has never been more prominent than it is at the moment. Stability is key and Pardew provides that... Who out there would take the toon to the next level?

Our most recent meeting came in the championship five seasons ago. Newcastle won at St James and we failed to score a goal in both matches. Four defeats in a row for The Foxes at Newcastle only scoring once. The omens don't look good. Our last win away up in the toon was under Martin O Neil with Cottee and Robbie Savage bagging the goals in a fine 2-0 victory.

It will be interesting to see what team NP puts out, I envisage changes from the Burnley game in the starting 11 and on the bench.

Can we win? I don't think so. I fear a rejuvenated Newcastle with the spotlight off Pardew briefly in the international break and we will lose 2-0.

Wheres that what fanzine?

'kin' 'ell. I like Leicester and their fans generally but that is uber-gigaton-thunder bollocks right there like.

Newcastle's off the field problems are well documented. Their fans do not like Alan Pardew and want him gone, despite being the man who almost lead them to the Champions League a few seasons back - on a shoestring budget due to Mike Ashley being a tight b******.

Wheres that what fanzine?

Someone please email these morons and correct them.

Possibly the most misinformed nonsense I've read.

Have always had a fairly irrational hatred of Leicester. Thankfully now it has some basis and grounding. Absolute nothing club, with nothing supporters and a nothing city as well. What utter ill informed putred shit.

That being said hope they tank us.

We need anything but a win. And if he's 'here to stay' it's chiefly because of defeatists like you.

Yawn.

There's not a chance of him being sacked or of him having the decency to resign. We need points on the board otherwise we're going to be down by February looking at our upcoming fixtures. I hate Pardew as much as everyone else on here but I'd rather not see the club plunge into the Championship and probably not come straight back up again.

I'd genuinely prefer us to go down if it significantly increases the chances of Ashley/Pardew leaving.

I'd rather support a club in the championship with new owners than the sham of a club that is there now.

What makes you think either or both will leave if we go down? Ashley didn't leave last time and no one got sacked following our relegation last time either. Would you rather we struggled in the Premier League under both or struggle in the Championship under both? I'd rather we just existed at the top level until both eventually go (whenever that is) than have things get worse with them still here anyway. If Pardew was ever going to be sacked it would have happened by now. He's going nowhere man.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Newcastle's off the field problems are well documented. Their fans do not like Alan Pardew and want him gone, despite being the man who almost lead them to the Champions League a few seasons back - on a shoestring budget due to Mike Ashley being a tight b******.

He seems to have swallowed the anti-Newcastle propoganda spewed out by the London based media in recent years which associates the words "Newcastle fans" with "unrealistic expectations".

Its the product of lazy thinking.

He seems to have swallowed the anti-Newcastle propoganda spewed out by the London based media in recent years which associates the words "Newcastle fans" with "unrealistic expectations".

Its the product of lazy thinking.

That my friend is what is missing from this piece, any scrap of individual thought.

I still look forward to the day when I can read something like this and then genuinely hope we beat them to shut them up, but even though its my son's first real game on Saturday I still hope we get tanked.

I still look forward to the day when I can read something like this and then genuinely hope we beat them to shut them up, but even though its my son's first real game on Saturday I still hope we get tanked.

Sad state when you would rather lose because of the shitknocker in charge rather than tank the fuckwitt that's tearing into your club and fans. But that's where we are and until Pards fucks off I hope we keep getting tonked, until the whole world turns against him.

As if we are expecting to be in the top 4-6 and thats why we want Pardew out.

As if Pardew has had a say in any players we have bought, or even sold for that matter.

How come we are the deluded ones for thinking we should be in the top 4-6?, surely the ones who believe that are the deluded ones?

Call me deluded then, because I am one of those who believes a club the size of Newcastle United should be challenging for European football (i.e. top 6) every year. I readily accept that we might not meet that target every year, but to aim lower in the belief that we cannot hope to compete is unacceptable to me. The lowering of expectations ever since Ashley's second year in charge (in his first year he summoned Keegan to London for daring to suggest the top five might be out of reach) to the point where the majority of our fans are now afraid to say they believe that this club should be able to compete at that level really irks me.

The reality is not that we cannot compete at that level, it's that we choose not to, which is massively different. For a club this size it wouldn't even need massive outside investment to be there or thereabouts either. Just reinvesting the money the club brings in on good players and better coaches/facilities, growing commercial and matchday revenue appropriately (at least on a par with other clubs our size) to pay for this and appointing a proper manager capable of playing a brand of football that gets results and attracts fans and sponsors would go a massive way towards achieving this. Don't let anybody ever tell you otherwise.

Keith Downie ‏@SkySports_Keith  5m5 minutes ago

Tim Krul has come through training and will be fit for Leicester. Alan Pardew confirms Gabriel Obertan will start the game on Saturday.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  48s48 seconds ago

Tim Krul, Daryl Janmaat and Paul Dummett all fit to face #lcfc #nufc

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  1m1 minute ago

AP press conf: "The most important thing is that we win the game on Saturday. We need to for the fans and the whole club. I hope we get it."

Call me deluded then, because I am one of those who believes a club the size of Newcastle United should be challenging for European football (i.e. top 6) every year. I readily accept that we might not meet that target every year, but to aim lower in the belief that we cannot hope to compete is unacceptable to me. The lowering of expectations ever since Ashley's second year in charge (in his first year he summoned Keegan to London for daring to suggest the top five might be out of reach) to the point where the majority of our fans are now afraid to say they believe that this club should be able to compete at that level really irks me.

The reality is not that we cannot compete at that level, it's that we choose not to, which is massively different. For a club this size it wouldn't even need massive outside investment to be there or thereabouts either. Just reinvesting the money the club brings in on good players and better coaches/facilities, growing commercial and matchday revenue appropriately (at least on a par with other clubs our size) to pay for this and appointing a proper manager capable of playing a brand of football that gets results and attracts fans and sponsors would go a massive way towards achieving this. Don't let anybody ever tell you otherwise.

Hear hear.

:clap: :clap: