Newcastle 1-0 Leicester City - Post match reaction from p 18

Mike

One of the worst top flight games I've ever seen in terms of quality this was like. Really bad. Fitting that Obertan won it in a way.

Oh come on, you're a Newcastle fan, I know for a fact that you've seen at least a dozen games this bad over the past five years.

Not where the other team matched us in our shiteness.

that's the thing, the only joy about going to the games at the moment is the new talent such as perez and Aarons..... but you know not to get too attached as there's no will at the club to keep them and build a team around them.

The whole situation surrounding NUFC is perverse and simply wrong. From the clever, fat (rich!) cunt in charge to the confused, hard-working, majority who fall for this nonsense. I to a degree am one of those - but at least I know it.

Hate to say it, its so easy for me living in another country. Just ignore the pain, no reminder, no one talking about it. Newcastle is soon becoming a noting club for the foreign media, even the drama is just laugh at....

For people living in Newcastle, living, breathing, talking, getting reminded each fucking day how dire the situation is, i feel for you.

Missed almost all of the game today because of the delay and prior plans, but I didn't even care. Checked the score at full time, was mad that the slimy weasel got a win for about 2 minutes, and then forgot about it. Apathy has truly set in. It's hard to care anymore with no end in sight for this shit. Wake me up when he's gone.

Edited by timeEd32

Nothing to enthuse about in this match...worst possible result in terms of Pardew's survival, he has probably wangled himself another month in charge now and all courtesy of one of the worst performers we have had in the past 2 years, Obertan.

Every dog has his day and yesterday was Obertans, long overdue after a string of mediocre performances that still have Pardew singing his praises. Took the goal well, credit where its due.

How Leicester contrived to miss some gilt edged chances is a mystery but Colo and Cisse were also guilty in that dept.

Perez shows great promise but give Pardew another few weeks and he'll knock that out of him...unless Dummett was injured, I couldn't see the point of subbing him for Haidara at that stage of the game but its Pardew we are dealing with here.

The club is in a rut of long-term mediocrity which the majority of supporters seem to have accepted - not going anywhere and will be there to make up PL numbers until it finally goes down.

Its coming to something when an A-League game between Western Sydney and their Sydney FC derby rivals is more exciting(FC won 3-2 after being 2-0 down)and had a better atmosphere than watching an NUFC game at SJP, but that is how I felt about the 2 games yesterday.

There IS life after NUFC.. at least, until Pardew and Ashley depart...!

Got to say the stewards (or stewarts) were really over zealous, plenty of times I've brought a bag in, they've asked me to open it, that was the end of it. had two different people go through it with a fine toothbrush, one person standing outside the turnstile and one inside. Also the woman working the turnstile nearly didn't let me in because I was wearing an Argentina top (with Jonas on the back), giving the reason that it was partially blue so therefore the same colour as Leicester, honestly, i've been a season ticket holder now for 13/14 years and never seen anything like it, absolutely ridiculous.

Got to say the stewards (or stewarts) were really over zealous, plenty of times I've brought a bag in, they've asked me to open it, that was the end of it. had two different people go through it with a fine toothbrush, one person standing outside the turnstile and one inside. Also the woman working the turnstile nearly didn't let me in because I was wearing an Argentina top (with Jonas on the back), giving the reason that it was partially blue so therefore the same colour as Leicester, honestly, i've been a season ticket holder now for 13/14 years and never seen anything like it, absolutely ridiculous.

The Argentina top bit. :dowie: Are they for real?

Noticed the stewards outside each turnstile at the Gallowgate.  They weren't there before the Hull match so definitely there to thwart any SackPardew.com protests.