Ched Evans - Not Guilty

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who thinks it's a good idea to drive over and have sex with a drunk girl their mate has just pulled? 

Honestly, if a girl is off her face just don't have sex with her, it's not f***ing difficult.

:thup: What this all boils down to basically; have some fucking decorum.

Wasn't he in a taxi on his way home, then got the text and re-directed the driver etc. If he was sober then there's an aboslute morality question (besides the crime). If he was impaired by drink himself then I think tit's a different argument.

Wasn't he in a taxi on his way home, then got the text and re-directed the driver etc. If he was sober then there's an aboslute morality question (besides the crime). If he was impaired by drink himself then I think tit's a different argument.

He was in a taxi on his way to bail his other mate out of nick.

Who thinks it's a good idea to drive over and have sex with a drunk girl their mate has just pulled? 

Honestly, if a girl is off her face just don't have sex with her, it's not f***ing difficult.

Clearly not, but if you're young bloke, tanked up & there's a bird in your room who looks like shes "up for it" & you fancy your chances, then it can easily be a case of... :megusta:

That's not to say if she`s of her face or rejecting your advances its still ok, though from what I`ve read, it appears she may not have been (putting it tactfully).

far too many people "casting the first stone" in this case for my liking

The judge's comments indicate that his verdict has come down to individual opinion. Obviously there was more to it than that, but he specifically uses the CCTV footage in his sentencing remarks and emphasises that it's in fact just an opinion. The jury would have had there own opinions too, which apparently matched the judges. It's still an opinion though, "was she drunk enough to consent going by this CCTV footage?"

No, as i said above, that is not what he is saying at all.

Of course opinion gets involved. It almost always does in legal cases. It is an opinion formed after seeing all the evidence, listening to questioning, and applying the law as exists. That's how juries work, too. That is how the legal system works.

There is a massive difference between a few people discussing a legal case on a football forum, and a court of law with a judge and jury.

A high court judge, a jury, having sat through the trial, having seen all the evidence, decided that Evans was guilty "beyond all reasonable doubt". As did the second judge who rejected the appeal.

His comments also don't suggest it has "all come down to his personal opinion", either. He was found guilty by a jury.

My point about it coming down to opinion is that there is no (as far as I'm aware) single solid piece of evidence that suggests guilt. It comes down to things like the CCTV footage which are open to individual interpretation.

I'm not doubting the jury or their decision, they wouldn't have taken the task lightly, but I don't believe there's anything to suggest that the decision is 100% correct, without any doubt. It seems impossible given the evidence. If there was something I've missed then fair enough.

FWIW I'm not saying that I think he's innocent, or that he shouldn't have served his sentence once found guilty. I just cannot ever be 100% sure despite the jury's verdict.

i honestly can't see how you get to "reasonable doubt" when it's essentially a case of 2 people's word against each other - he said she consented, she said she doesn't remember a thing which cannot be verified but that statement in itself (plus some selected CCTV footage i guess) led a jury to decide that she was unable to consent

it's lucky people don't lie i suppose, otherwise we'd need evidence and s*** :undecided:

And that is the key to me here. The law is clear that to be found guilty you must be proved beyond reasonable doubt. There is way too much doubt here to return a guilty verdict IMO. Not that I don't think Evans is a f***ing idiot, or indeed did commit the crime, there's just not enough evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt he did.

Dunno if this is Giggs but have heard he has signed!

Apprently Oldham said no.  So he got them drunk and signed anyway

Ladies and gentelman, by Slim's own assertion if he gets shot by some terrorists he's not deserving of any real sympathy.

Nah they don't deserve to be killed and I don't care about the Muslim stuff at all.

But joking about kidnapped raped babys makes me have a lot less sympathy

Dunno if this is Giggs but have heard he has signed!

Apprently Oldham said no.  So he got them drunk and signed anyway

Ladies and gentelman, by Slim's own assertion if he gets shot by some terrorists he's not deserving of any real sympathy.

Nah they don't deserve to be killed and I don't care about the Muslim stuff at all.

But joking about kidnapped raped babys makes me have a lot less sympathy

I also blame God for all this.  He is a fucking prick

'Ched Evans has served his time' - and other common misconceptions about the convicted rapist footballer

A handy rebuttal guide

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/ched-evans-has-served-his-time--and-other-misconceptions-about-the-convicted-rapist-footballer-9957849.html

"How nice it would have been if the whole sorry saga of Ched Evans had been left in 2014." Says journalist writing an article about it.

Anyone who tries to make an argument that because he doesn't believe what he did constitutes rape means "HE MIGHT DO IT AGAIN!" is clearly point scoring and not trying to make legitimate arguments. After what's happened, unless he's psychotic, he's going to avoid any kind of situation where any shadow of doubt could be cast for the rest of his life.

Meanwhile here's some lifestyle advice from the same moral guardian:

I write this shortly after emerging from a rather jolly lunchtime spent in the pub, which came at the end of a particularly merry December. In fact, now I come to think about it, the last time I went for more than two days without a proper drink was when I had the flu. In this, I'd wager I'm not all that different from any other adult human, and like most people I fully intend to give my liver a rest at some point in the coming year. But if there’s one thing guaranteed to have me reaching for the nearest bottle of tequila, it’s the self-satisfaction of signed-up “Dry January” participants, waving their sponsorship forms, comparing recipes for kale smoothies, braying about their newly glowing skin, and the ease of their ten mile morning jogs. Because the only thing more boring than not drinking is talking about not drinking.

Here are some good things about giving up alcohol: you will save a shed load of cash, you will probably lose a few pounds, and you won’t accidentally declare undying love to a colleague. But here is a bad thing: you may well become such a dreadful judgemental bore that no one will want to spend any time with you. Because, like it or not, booze is the social lubricant that makes our lives go round. In moderation, it eases first dates and facilitates first shags; it commiserates lost jobs and toasts new friends.

“Can you have a dry January?” we’re asked. Well, yes, but why the hell would you want to?

Don't be boring and sober, go out and get pissed girls, you might get a new year shag! Wahey!

supposing we signed him, we would get a goal scorer for nothing, 52000 would still turn up every week, Wonga may or may not dissapear and additionally we wouldn't lose many sponsorship deals, and here's the clincher Ashley may depart even quicker, on second thoughts for SD there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Feel free to comment.

he's s*** though

can't be worse than some of the dreggs we have at the mo.

I dunno like. He's pretty shit. 1 goals in every 4.3 championship matches. Only started scoring when he went down to the third tier.

Ched Evans now saying that he called the deal off, not Oldham.

'I have withdraw from talks with Oldham Athletic. I would like to thank the club, and those who have supported me in my lawful quest to find work.'

Says he did so because of the 'mob rule' tactics employed by society, and that the constant media reporting had the desired influence on some sponsors and that the club would face significant financial pressure if he joined them.

:whistle:

Does seem to be something of a PR campaign on his part to turn the tide (as it were) Judging by his last comments - no genuine remorse there, as he comes over as feeling very hard done to. Prick.