The Wales Thread

black_n_white

Was at the game and the atmosphere although at times was great was mostly subdued mainly because of israels tactics (which worked by the way). When the goal got disallowed (rightly so) it went mental so had we'd gone one up early it would have been like the Belgium game all over again.

I'm expecting a tough game in Bosnia next month but I'd have to agree with everyone and say we've already qualified due to the fact the last game is Andorra home.

Strange. Where were you sat? Would have said the opposite, was subdued at times but mostly bouncing (Canton) .. There was a 10 minute long song dedicated to Hal Robson Kanu to the tune of Push It by Salt n Pepa ffs, obscene scenes. :lol: Easy to get caught up in the buzz at that end though, haven't sat anywhere else so can't really comment on the overall atmos.

Ashley Williams has been immense this campaign, Bale has got the crucial goals, but our defence has been huge. The main sign of this for me is that no-matter who gets brought into midfield, no matter what club level they are playing (and it's been chopped and changed throughout) - they seem to play with confidence and Ashley is a massive factor in this (credit to rest of the defence too) but he's pulled the strings. In the past once teams broke through our midfield we would be pretty vulnerable, now the midfield are playing those slightly more ambitious balls forward knowing if they give it away, they've got a solid unit behind them. Fingers crossed we wrap it up before Andorra and that last home game is just a massive party.

• 1 month later...

Yep still massive credit goes to speed, changed the mentality of the players after years of nothing, credit also to Coleman for carrying on the job. He openly admitted last night he struggled to adopt speeds training methods so reverted back to his own. Shows what qualities speed had as a coach and a person. Onto Tuesday now and what should be a great night. Who knows maybe a shock or two next summer too!

Chuffed for Wales and indeed for Speed, but I personally think Coleman is an absolute fraud of a manager. He's been incredibly lucky to have had so many decent Welsh players come through and hit their peak at the same time.

• 7 months later...

Congrats to England today, you deserved the win over the 90 minutes all be it being very cruel on us with the winner coming in injury time. I just hope we have enough in the tank to get a point vs Russia in the final game, would be a shame to go home so early on.