Newcastle United v Sunderland - Sunday 21st December @ 13:30 (Sky Sports)

Sima

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/20/bedf1fc746b4f02de964ba697b34b38f.jpg

It was a fine gesture but without trying to sound like a twat it should be said that fans from many other teams (including many of our own) made significant contribution to that fund yet they have claimed it as their own. Indeed many of their own fans contributed simply to prove their "class" as opposed to any real gesture for the actual loss.

I realise that any criticism of what was a fantastic effort can easily be viewed as petty but it does rankle with me a little. I donated to the funeral costs effort as their fund was already turning a bit self indulgent.

Tmrw could be interesting.

It was set up by Sunderland fans though and  and a lot of the donations came from Sunderland fans.

edit: Worth pointing out  aswell, that on an individual basis we don't know what the motives were of each person that donated. This was a good thing they did, let them take credit.

Gut instinct is that we're going to have to score 3 to win it which I think is highly unlikely. Alnwick must be broken after the week he's had and can see him spilling a couple tomorrow too. That's a hell of a handicap to make up and I honestly don't think we're up to it, I wish I could convince myself we were going to be ok and we'd sneak it but I just can't.

I'm expecting nothing.

It was set up by Sunderland fans though and  and a lot of the donations came from Sunderland fans

And fair play to them for that; it's the exclusion of contributions from fans of other teams and the how great are we brigade that I didn't particularly like. It became a bit of a point scoring exercise for some for which some of their own fans didn't like either.

We should recognise what was created for the spirit it was intended.

What pubs are open early tomorrow? I'm down for the game, staying in Newcastle tonight. Just wondering if there's anywhere I can go for a wee drink before the game.

Black Garter will be open from 9am. It's an eloquent place just by the Grainger Market.

Normally my mind is racing about this match in the days and especially night before. This time? Not really. I can't get it out of my head still, and I'm dreading it- but I don't have that desperation running through me, totally desperate for a win, and unable to bear the thought of the match.

After the crushing disappointment of the last games, and my fierce resentment towards Pardew for it all, I just can't get excited about it. It's too much energy wasted hoping, praying, and imagining wildly celebrating a victory tomorrow- but nonetheless, I would love nothing more than to finally beat those horrible bastards. I'm so sick of this club suffering a miserable, pathetic existence that just one derby win will be a nice break from the bleakness.

If we play with that very rare intensity we see every few months (couple of matches a year) and get at them from the off then we can beat them. If we're positive, playing it fast and on the deck- and have the right players playing, which will dictate this to an extent- then we can score first and really look to shake them up.

Sadly, I think we'll get comfortably beaten again. At the end of the day it's Pardew in charge, and it's Pardew vs Poyet. If they score first (and early) then we're finished. I think the last two derbies at home we've gone in 0-2 down at HT? Correct me if I am wrong, though!

To add to the dread of it all I'm seeing way too many idiotic fans saying rubbish like 'whatever happens we'll always be the bigger club and we'll support the lads, howay we are toon army no matter what' etc. So I really don't think another humiliation will shake the nodding dogs in the stands.

It's going to be a long one.

Pardew has turned me into a pessimist. Can only see another horror show - he bottles it every time.

Only thing that is keeping me positive is that the previous humblings against this lot have come without Coloccini in the team. Hopefully he can glue us together even with old poppadom hands in goal.

Pardew has turned me into a pessimist. Can only see another horror show - he bottles it every time.

Only thing that is keeping me positive is that the previous humblings against this lot have come without Coloccini in the team. Hopefully he can glue us together even with old poppadom hands in goal.

Good point and hope we at least put on a decent show for once. They will obviously be targeting "Butterfingers" Alnwick in goal as you say.

Last 6 games against these and we've beaten them once  :lol:

Some of the players we've had in our line up's,Cabaye,Ben Arfa,Remy,Ba.

Needless to say,a young keeper wont make much difference.

Our manager is shit and even if we got ourselves into a 2-0 lead I would still be biting my nails due to the sheer panic and lack of managerial quality to see a game out.