Manchester United vs Newcastle United - 26/12/2014 3pm (BT Sport)

Decky

Serious question time... How can this be shown live on BT Sport at 3pm? I thought that time was sacred?

It's not Saturday mate.

I see... Thought it was more to do with full fixture program in all the leagues as opposed to the actual day itself...

Serious question time... How can this be shown live on BT Sport at 3pm? I thought that time was sacred?

It's not Saturday mate.

I see... Thought it was more to do with full fixture program in all the leagues as opposed to the actual day itself...

I'm pretty sure it only applies to Saturday between 3 and 515? Could be wrong of course.

I never thought United were title contenders. They are Champions League material, but a top-four finish is as far as it goes for them this season.

I think they will beat Newcastle, though.

The Magpies have just come off a bad run of three defeats in a week. They conceded four goals in each of their first two losses and, although they were only beaten by a late Sunderland goal on Sunday, I felt the Black Cats made the better chances and played better football.

I am at Old Trafford for BBC Radio 5 live on Boxing Day, and I am expecting to see Newcastle get turned over.

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Guy's prediction: 3-0. "Newcastle won at Old Trafford last year but I'd be surprised if it happens again. The demanding Louis van Gaal is ordering and getting improvement from his United team, while Newcastle look a little 'burned out' after their winning run in November."

On a bad run, expected to lose comfortably once again and still no pressure at all on Pardew. Because of that winning run, which is now even used as an excuse as to why we're losing. Couldn't make it up.

I'd rather Armstrong started than Riviere or Cisse, actually. The latter is best served coming off the bench at present, and the former is absolutely dogshit.

Armstrong was bright against the mackems as well.