Newcastle United 3-2 Everton - 28/12/14 Post match reaction from p. 23

Mike

Guest firetotheworks

Might sound daft, but under another manager that's one of the thrashings that every other team do from time to time.

Everton didn't even pretend to defend. :lol: Absolutely crazy.

Can only beat what's in front of you and Everton were embarrassingly bad. We played relatively well by Pardew standards, and still nearly threw it away.

Perez is so far ahead of the rest of our players at present it's laughable. Great talent and a joy to watch.

Guest firetotheworks

Can only beat what's in front of you and Everton were embarrassingly bad. We played relatively well by Pardew standards, and still nearly threw it away.

Perez is so far ahead of the rest of our players at present it's laughable. Great talent and a joy to watch.

He's great but Sissoko's definitely on the same level for me.

He's great but Sissoko's definitely on the same level for me.

I like Sissoko a lot and he's playing well this season but Perez just looks head and shoulders above at the minute to me. Funnily enough he's the one who's been here the shortest amount of time. Hmm.

Honest to god I don't think Pardew even realises it was him, and no-one else, that changed the dynamics of the game. When he brought on Riviere for Cisse it came with instructions, sit back, deep, defend.

The players were up for it and in an attacking frame of mind. They had to adjust whilst Everton took the game to them more. Everton score and our arses started to twitch. We were pure long ball and zero support to the front men, whereas earlier we'd been playing quite well when attacking.

There was no need to change anything, like for like and more of the same. Wanker!

Poor Cabella, French international gets 4 minutes here and there - all he's fit for in Pardew's masterplan, meanwhile Gouffran plays week in week out with the illusion of graft. I'm not even one of those that will call Gouffran shit, because he's having to play an entirely new role under Pardew. He is shit in the role he's given, doesn't mean he's a shit footballer.

I was thinking this during the game. When we look decent(ish) it's actually because the other team are disjointed for whatever reason. Come up against a decent to good side playing with a familiar system and with a degree of confidence we're always going to look mediocre at best - with the odd bit of magic thrown in. :anguish: