Newcastle United vs Burnley - 01/01/15 @ 3:00PM (not on TV)

Anderson

Alnwick

Taylor        Coloccini

Janmaat                                    Dummett

Tiote  Sissoko  Colback                                     

Armstrong                              Gouffran

Perez       

Gouffran wtf  :huff:

Alnwick

Taylor        Coloccini

Janmaat                                    Dummett

Tiote  Sissoko  Colback                                     

Armstrong                              Gouffran

Perez       

I hope that this is what you think Carver will go with? And not what you would pick...

I'd play Cabella instead of Armstrong and would actually play Riviere instead of Gouffran.

Quite excited about today but can't help thinking that a win guarantees Carver the job until the end of the season at least. That would put us on 29 points, 10 from safety with half of the season still left to play and the much coveted North East Top Dogs trophy practically in the bag for a 5th consecutive season. Ashleys thinking will be along the lines of why pay another manager to come in when the season is just about done with and the objective is complete as he trousers the £2m compen from Palace.

Quite excited about today but can't help thinking that a win guarantees Carver the job until the end of the season at least. That would put us on 29 points, 10 from safety with half of the season still left to play and the much coveted North East Top Dogs trophy practically in the bag for a 5th consecutive season. Ashleys thinking will be along the lines of why pay another manager to come in when the season is just about done with and the objective is complete as he trousers the £2m compen from Palace.

true but I am wanting the win more so we don't have all the media etc coming back saying how worse off we now are cos Pardew as left rather than potentially pushing Carver nearer the job.

Reckon about as good as it can get would be:

Alnwick

Janmaat

Coloccini

Taylor

Haidara

Anita

Colback

Sissoko

Cabella

Rivière

Ayozé

Go at these and there is no reason it can't be a decent win even with that XI bar Ings and a couple of others they're a well organised Championship team.

Pardew has really numbed things for me. I'll watch today but I'veost a lot of that buzz that I would like to have back.

I'm quite interested in how today will go, just because it's not Pardew at the helm. Still, I need a reasonably OK manager to take over for the buzz to really come back. Plus some nice passing football and our flair players given a lease of new life would help.

Sadly I expect that Carver will just be an extension of Pardew. Similar starting 11 and tactics. However I expect the team to feel a lot more relaxed and play will more confidence. We will win imo.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-set-welcome-davide-8368132#rlabs=6

Newcastle United set to welcome Davide Santon back as injuries begin to clear

Jan 01, 2015 09:30

By Mark Douglas

Davide Santon will return to the first-team squad for the clash with Burnley – while Ryan Taylor has had a boost as he zeroes in on a comeback.

Newcastle United have suffered with injuries over Christmas and lost Papiss Cisse to suspension, with John Carver admitting that he “deserved” the three-match ban levied on him for elbowing Seamus Coleman.

But United’s injury list is set to shorten with Santon back after a long spell out and Tim Krul back in training on Monday and ready for the Chelsea match at Stamford Bridge a week on Saturday.

“Santon played 55 minutes against Gateshead yesterday, he had a kick on the calf but it was fine, he will be involved,” Carver confirmed.

“Jonas got his second game. Tim Krul should start training on Monday which is fantastic news.

“Rob Elliot (should be back) the following week. Sammy Ameobi the week after that. Ryan Taylor - (there has been) great news, everything is normal.

“He will start in a couple of weeks. Haidara is back in the squad. Abeid still has a bit of a problem with his toe, whether he will be fit for the African Cup of Nations I don’t know.”

Rolando Aarons still has another month before he returns: “Rolando is three or four weeks away,” Carver said.

It's strange how NUFC don't even tell the fans certain players are injured. Sammy Ameobi and Haidara just disappeared from the match squads with no explanation. It turns out they were injured.

I'd be surprised if Carver and Stone change the team much. For one thing, injuries and suspensions limit who can come in. Will we see two strikers? If so, Perez and who? Rivière, Armstrong or Gouffran (restored to being a striker rather than a defensive winger)? Cabella to start on the wing?

Sadly I expect that Carver will just be an extension of Pardew. Similar starting 11 and tactics. However I expect the team to feel a lot more relaxed and play will more confidence. We will win imo.

It will be an almost unchanged side, which is why I posted the above. He won't want to make any changes at all, (Cisse aside) especially from a winning team. Plus as mentioned we just removed the focal part of a useless coaching set up with the other dead weight replacing the figurehead. Not a chance we will look any different.

If anything I expect us to look worse today. Lots of players apparently somehow liked Pardew, think we Will be a bit down, complacent and turned over easily.

The only glimmer of hope is that he's worked with Bobby and Bobby's team, he knows about getting the flair on the pitch being vital. Hopefully 4 years of bending over for Pardew hasn't completely brainwashed him.

It will be an almost unchanged side, which is why I posted the above. He won't want to make any changes at all, (Cisse aside) especially from a winning team. Plus as mentioned we just removed the focal part of a useless coaching set up with the other dead weight replacing the figurehead. Not a chance we will look any different.

If anything I expect us to look worse today. Lots of players apparently somehow liked Pardew, think we Will be a bit down, complacent and turned over easily.

I agree, if Carver or Stone had anything about them, they wouldn't be endorsing Pardew's ideas of football in the first place, both of them are clueless and have zero football identity of their own. If Carver can pick a decent 11 and just tell them to go out and enjoy themselves that is probably as good as it's going to get.

tbf he's not going to have been able to have made sweeping changes in 2 days no matter how much he might want to.

I think it's the attitude and application of the players that will be the most interesting thing today - if they're clearly firing and up for it then we can assume Pardew wasn't as popular as he might have liked to think.

Be interesting to see how the soopafans react at the match, hope we tear the roof off, genuinely looking forward to this for the first time in 2 years!

Probably spend the whole match mourning the loss of Pardew.

tbf he's not going to have been able to have made sweeping changes in 2 days no matter how much he might want to.

I think it's the attitude and application of the players that will be the most interesting thing today - if they're clearly firing and up for it then we can assume Pardew wasn't as popular as he might have liked to think.

wouldn't read too much into it either way, just look at Pardews first game, the players did like Hughton but it didn't stop them putting in a good performance

Why is Riviere in some line-ups?

Because the only other alternative is Gouffran unless you play Armstrong

Really not a fan of Riviere as you can tell although hope he does well with whoever comes in. In other news apparently Callum Roberts is in the squad.