Chelsea v Newcastle United - 10/1/2015 @ 3pm (no UK TV)

loki679

I don't think Carver getting the job is an issue anymore TBH. At least not with any run of results he's capable of getting.

Him getting it to the end of the season is.

Aye true, the season is essentially over anyway though.

Not that I want him to get it, but I think it's related to getting the new manager rather than Carver's performance per se.

I don't think Carver getting the job is an issue anymore TBH. At least not with any run of results he's capable of getting.

Not that I want him to get it, but I think it's related to getting the new manager rather than Carver's performance per se.

I don't think it is, especially if we appoint Carver for any period of time.

burnley should have buried us man.

-----KRUL-----

Janmaat-------Dummet------Colo------Haidara

------------Colback--------Anita----------------

Cabella-------------sissoko-------------Perez

--------------------Riviere------------------

Would much rather have sammy or rolands on wing and Perez up front... that's life...eh!

Getting a proper manager in now would be a huge boost for next season though. He'll have time to get to know the squad, know the area and fans, tinker with how he wants us to play and tell Carr where we should strengthen.

Getting a proper manager in now would be a huge boost for next season though. He'll have time to get to know the squad, know the area and fans, tinker with how he wants us to play and tell Carr where we should strengthen.

I totally agree, I would much rather have the new person in now if it's at all possible. Just saying I would wait for the right candidate if we had to.

Taken from BBC Sport

Chelsea news conference

Football

Posted at 12:54

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse won't be involved when Chelsea host Newcastle on Saturday - the striker is on Africa Cup of Nations duty with Senegal.

Asked if that was a bonus for the Blues, Steve Holland said: "We've been on the flipside of that situation in the past, with players like Drogba and Mikel.

Papiss Cisse

"If you have players from that part of the world, that's the risk you run. I'm quite sure Newcastle will have been aware of that well before now. and will have factored that into their planning.

"They have a good squad and I'm sure whoever plays in that position at the weekend will be a good player.

"But for us it's obviously good for us if the club we're playing are without their best players. The same could happen next week with Swansea and Bony, and Manchester City and Yaya Toure."

So when does Cisse's 3 match ban start then?

Guest Roger Kint

Taken from BBC Sport

Chelsea news conference

Football

Posted at 12:54

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse won't be involved when Chelsea host Newcastle on Saturday - the striker is on Africa Cup of Nations duty with Senegal.

Asked if that was a bonus for the Blues, Steve Holland said: "We've been on the flipside of that situation in the past, with players like Drogba and Mikel.

Papiss Cisse

"If you have players from that part of the world, that's the risk you run. I'm quite sure Newcastle will have been aware of that well before now. and will have factored that into their planning.

"They have a good squad and I'm sure whoever plays in that position at the weekend will be a good player.

"But for us it's obviously good for us if the club we're playing are without their best players. The same could happen next week with Swansea and Bony, and Manchester City and Yaya Toure."

So when does Cisse's 3 match ban start then?

Two games ago

Not making excuses for Carver because he's shit and we were shit against Burnley, yet without slippery hands in goal we'd still have won the game.

Not making excuses for Carver because he's s*** and we were s*** against Burnley, yet without slippery hands in goal we'd still have won the game.

Burnley hit the woodwork 4 times as well.

It's so easy to say what if this and what if that. That second half was a complete and utter shambles and we were playing Burnley ffs.