Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-head-coach-contenders-8432329?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Newcastle United head coach job: Who are the contenders for the NUFC role?

Michael Laudrup

The former Swansea City boss is not on Newcastle’s radar.

http://media.giphy.com/media/11sg28kIjhd076/giphy.gif

:lol: :lol: At all of that :lol:

The most asked question from our beloved Geordie contigent today it seems. The latest on Remi Garde as we understand it is as follows:

GFFN exclusively revealed last week that Newcastle had contacted Remi Garde about the job. He then met with Newcastle representatives last Friday in London, but no deal was agreed.

GFFN cannot confirm reports that Garde only wants to join Newcastle this summer, but that there are members of Lyon's current staff that Garde would like to bring with him. The problem is, whilst he dare not admit it, Garde is going to struggle to convince some of those members of staff to leave Lyon, who are have now propelled themselves to a title challenge in Ligue 1. Even if Garde waits until the summer, there is no guarantee that the staff that he wants to take with him will leave Hubert Fournier's side with a potential Champions League campaign around the corner.

Anyway, Garde is one of several targets that Newcastle are considering and we can also confirm that he was recommended by Chief Scout Graham Carr. We are keeping a very close eye on this one though.

:undecided: Nervous

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 10 mins10 minutes ago

German reports claim that Bruno Labbadia has been contacted twice by #nufc according to Bild. He is out of a job and keen for a move.

Bild are well known to make up stories constantly, got a feeling this will be another one seeing as he's been out of work for 18 months.

All seems the same as it was before tbh, they'll drag it out, but I've recovered from that initial fear a bit now

Drag it out so no player bids are lodged. Sell a couple, then either give it to Charva or some other cheap chump.

Knew this was a bit out of character for our lot.

I still think it will happen. Garde would probably have to arrive solo at first, but would have to find some other backroom staff to bring in during the summer, as I couldn't see the Lyon guys leaving at this stage.

Garde seems to want to join, which is great news, but have a feeling it will drag on for another couple weeks now.

Those reports claiming that Labbadia has been contacted twice,maybe first was asking if he was interested and the second was telling him that he's no longer in the picture.

Also the fact that Garde's staff may not leave even in the summer fills me with hope.

http://i49.tinypic.com/n7yow.jpg