Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Our fans don't deserve Remi Garde after the sickening defence of Pardew.

:lol:

Sake.

True though.

It's not like. Blaming the fans for the past shite is unfair.

Fans who abused protesters? Nah not unfair at all

People who abused protesters fair enough, but I think people who had a different opinion on Pardew are entitled.

They deserve what they wanted: Pardew. They weren't part of the solution, they were part of the problem (often actively stymieing the efforts of those who did try to oppose Pardew). I just can't see why they ought to benefit from the spoils of his removal.

What do you propose?  One manager for us and one for them? :lol:

Translated form Lyon fan (8.12.2013.):

I want Lyon to be in on 5 or  6 place, with Lyon's players this is not problem, but for Garde it is. Lyon play most ugly football in France, now they are 13. with very good team. This few games we won, we were lucky, games we lose are usually without fight, and weakest teams in league 1 often earn points on Gerland. Tactical Lyon is awful, morale and mentality are also awful, there is no figthing spirit. I don't want to talk about players Garde wanted, he brought veterans like Mvuemba and he didn't call them because they are bad. I think he will terminate contract, he is not stupid.

Other Lyon fan (2.9.2013.)

For me Garde is ok, he has more positive then negative sides. His big problem is motivation.

Probably there are gramatical errors, I tried to translate as best sa I can.  :rose:

I don't like the sound of this.

Our fans don't deserve Remi Garde after the sickening defence of Pardew.

Sake.

True though.

It's not like. Blaming the fans for the past shite is unfair.

Fans who abused protesters? Nah not unfair at all

People who abused protesters fair enough, but I think people who had a different opinion on Pardew are entitled.

They deserve what they wanted: Pardew. They weren't part of the solution, they were part of the problem (often actively stymieing the efforts of those who did try to oppose Pardew). I just can't see why they ought to benefit from the spoils of his removal.

Well I don't want to go into it too much, fairly pointless now. I just think saying people who had a different opinion on a manager don't deserve a decent one in future if a bit much.

There's opinions and there's plain retarded. When you are presented with endless stats about how bad Pardew is and your response is 'Nah he's doing a good job. Who else could work under Ashley' then you don't deserve any better.

Fans who bleat on like we're Wigan or QPR shouldn't be entitled to an opinion.

I want Lyon to be in on 5 or  6 place, with Lyon's players this is not problem, but for Garde it is. Lyon play most ugly football in France, now they are 13. with very good team. This few games we won, we were lucky, games we lose are usually without fight, and weakest teams in league 1 often earn points on Gerland. Tactical Lyon is awful, morale and mentality are also awful, there is no figthing spirit. I don't want to talk about players Garde wanted, he brought veterans like Mvuemba and he didn't call them because they are bad. I think he will terminate contract, he is not stupid.

For me Garde is ok, he has more positive then negative sides. His big problem is motivation.

Probably there are gramatical errors, I tried to translate as best sa I can.  :rose:

Terrifying.

I don't like the sound of this.

Everyone has their own opinions on their manager tbf, but the impressions from him are mostly positive and when I have seen Lyon I definitely haven't got that impression.

Hmmm ... would be interesting to peruse some Lyon Forums regarding Garde.

I'd hope these fans were just struggling to come to terms with Lyon not being able to spend as much anymore and not being at the level they had been previously.

Regardless, I'd still be happy with the guy. He's not Pardew and he has experience in France, so will actually respect the players being brought in.

Cool with me.

Can't look too much into those comments to be honest.

Look at tossers like Piers Morgan, calling for Wenger's head every time they lose. Or those Chelsea fans who didn't give Rafa Benitez the time of day when he did a solid job there. Or better still, the fans who wanted Pardew to stay here...

For those two comments about Garde and his style of play, there'll be another two around the same time sympathising with him and supporting him.

Look at tossers like Piers Morgan, calling for Wenger's head every time they lose. Or those Chelsea fans who didn't give Rafa Benitez the time of day when he did a solid job there. Or better still, the fans who wanted Pardew to stay here...

For those two comments about Garde and his style of play, there'll be another two around the same time sympathising with him and supporting him.

Of course, I just want to translate what they think about him. This comments mean nothing.

Unfortunately same goes for Pardew here (not this forum but in general).

They did actually finish 5th that season so the first guy got his wish.

One fifth place finish, sounds like a top manager.

After 4th & 3rd the previous two seasons...so if they've had a poor season and still ended 5th, that's more Sir Bobby than Pardew.

Failed Pardew joke, apologies!

People should obviously also consider that quality players will also be more attracted to playing for a respected coach. Yes the money is good here and the stadium is amazing but to have that and play under Pardew made it all pointless.

At least with a manager like Garde you can hopefully expect a bit of intelligence and progressive ideas, even if results don't go well to begin with.

Hope this happens, as I've liked what I've read about the guy thus far.

They did actually finish 5th that season so the first guy got his wish.

One fifth place finish, sounds like a top manager.

After 4th & 3rd the previous two seasons...so if they've had a poor season and still ended 5th, that's more Sir Bobby than Pardew.

Failed Pardew joke, apologies!

:lol: :lol: Fucking Ian.

One fans opinion shouldn't sway an argument, however regarding the feedback we're hearing from media sources, aren't these the same ones that say Pardew did a magnificent job under difficult circumstances? If this is to be more than a rumour I'd like to go through some old footage of Lyons under Garde to decipher if he is the French Pardew as suggested by that poster or that is he is in fact the decent coach depicted by the media.

I live in hope it's the latter, but after a lifetime of Pardew, I don't want a continental Pardew ffs.