Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

Translated form Lyon fan (8.12.2013.):

I want Lyon to be in on 5 or  6 place, with Lyon's players this is not problem, but for Garde it is. Lyon play most ugly football in France, now they are 13. with very good team. This few games we won, we were lucky, games we lose are usually without fight, and weakest teams in league 1 often earn points on Gerland. Tactical Lyon is awful, morale and mentality are also awful, there is no figthing spirit. I don't want to talk about players Garde wanted, he brought veterans like Mvuemba and he didn't call them because they are bad. I think he will terminate contract, he is not stupid.

Other Lyon fan (2.9.2013.)

For me Garde is ok, he has more positive then negative sides. His big problem is motivation.

Probably there are gramatical errors, I tried to translate as best sa I can.  :rose:

I don't like the sound of this.

To be fair they finished that season 5th.

EDIT:  Already been said, should have just read on first.

Guest firetotheworks

Alan Pardew would never finish 3rd even if he managed us.

For a second I thought you'd finally slipped and were referring to Newcastle, there.

One fans opinion shouldn't sway an argument, however regarding the feedback we're hearing from media sources, aren't these the same ones that say Pardew did a magnificent job under difficult circumstances? If this is to be more than a rumour I'd like to go through some old footage of Lyons under Garde to decipher if he is the French Pardew as suggested by that poster or that is he is in fact the decent coach depicted by the media.

I live in hope it's the latter, but after a lifetime of Pardew, I don't want a continental Pardew ffs.

It's always nerve-wracking getting a new manager, but out of the possible disaster appointments I'd say we've basically won the lottery.

Alan Pardew would never finish 3rd even if he managed us.

Let's be honest, he would if he managed you guys back in 2009. Unless he played Messi as a LWB.

And ask Xavi and Iniesta to aim it at Pedro's head. Fuck this tiki taka shite, you're more dangerous without the ball.

More from that thread:

I hope it will lead to a foreign club because I would have a hard time seeing him on the bench of a French club.

A bit like when he left Strasbourg in the end

destroyed

All that was built this year around training, 4 4 2 diamond and possession can not be extended without Rémi Garde. Some players like Lacazette and Grenier were made by Remi and who greatly appreciated N'e never find the same joy of playing under the OL jersey.

Remi, thank you for everything you've done, but what heartbreaking to see you go!

Although my favourite was when they were talking about a replacement, and one guy wanted Cacapa.  :lol:

More from that thread:

I hope it will lead to a foreign club because I would have a hard time seeing him on the bench of a French club.

destroyed

All that was built this year around training, 4 4 2 diamond and possession can not be extended without Rémi Garde. Some players like Lacazette and Grenier were made by Remi and who greatly appreciated N'e never find the same joy of playing under the OL jersey.

Remi, thank you for everything you've done, but what heartbreaking to see you go!

Although my favourite was when they were talking about a replacement, and one guy wanted Cacapa.  :lol:

Believe it or not. Cacapa and Cris are legends over there :lol: We have to be careful for what he wish for from Lyon.

One fans opinion shouldn't sway an argument, however regarding the feedback we're hearing from media sources, aren't these the same ones that say Pardew did a magnificent job under difficult circumstances? If this is to be more than a rumour I'd like to go through some old footage of Lyons under Garde to decipher if he is the French Pardew as suggested by that poster or that is he is in fact the decent coach depicted by the media.

I live in hope it's the latter, but after a lifetime of Pardew, I don't want a continental Pardew ffs.

It's always nerve-wracking getting a new manager, but out of the possible disaster appointments I'd say we've basically won the lottery.

Agree with Ian here.

More from that thread:

destroyed

Believe it or not. Cacapa and Cris are legends over there :lol: We have to be careful for what he wish for from Lyon.

Cris was a good player in his prime tbf, Cacapa not so much :lol:

More from that thread:

destroyed

They're legends there because they were very good players for Lyon.

Getting rid of someone horrendously below average and thoroughly unlikeable then (maybes) appointing someone with a decent history albeit in a poor league, who is by all we've read, a likeable manager is cause for celebration enough for me.

Like Ian say's, like winning the lottery.

mate just texted saying neil warnock apparently spotted hanging around the Strawberry?

It's probably my dad's mate from work, he's the absolute double of Colin Wanker and lives in the city centre.