Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

After the sheer unbridled elation, joy and delight that followed Pardew leaving, I was starting to come back down to Earth and think that nothing would change and we'd end up with Carver or Kinnear or some League One clogger.  This appointment would be incredible when you think of the sort of manager we all expected to replace him.

If true, Garde probably represents the most thoughtful and considered appointment for a long, long time.

It's unbelievable really. Then again, we always said you never have a clue what Ashley is going to do.

IF it happens (big "if" indeed), I think it will be because Llambiarse is no longer here to fuck things up at the club. Hopefully we now have a system where Carr provides the know how and calls the shots on football related matters  and Charnley just executes (and looks after the financial side of deals). Llambiarse appointing Pardew man :anguish:

Our fans don't deserve Remi Garde after the sickening defence of Pardew.

They really don't, but by God if he comes in and starts tearing it up, how sweet will it be rubbing their noses in it.

SackPardew would absolutely have to run a whole told you so campaign IMO.

I think this appointment, or similar, would hopefully signal a new beginning for the management style and football philosophy within the club.

Be it Garde, Galtier, De Boer or Tuchel, they all represent a younger modern approach compared to many of the mainstay English names that get thrown around. Giving the perceived preferred approach of a "head coach" all of these names would suit this set up better.

Irrespective of who gets the role (assuming one of the above does for example), I think it is imperative that the new coach has a complete clear out when it comes to the first team fitness and coaching staff.  I do not think it would be at all helpful or useful to have any of the pardewed sympathisers around the squad in any capacity to influence the squad or new guy.  Carver, Stone, Woodman and Billows have to go.  The later clearly doing more damaged to an already fragile squad it seems in his approach???

However, the last point IMO is the biggest sticking point in all of this.  Whilst we have essentially profited from Pardew going (compensation), I cannot believe for a minute Ashley will sanction this as cash to clear the decks.  If he does, then fair play, but I doubt he will.

@mattspiro

Surely Garde's strongest argument would be 'there are a dozen good young players at Lyon who'd love to play for me' #NUFC Valid point too

:sweetjesus:

Only Gourcuff (28) is good and soon to be out of contract (2015) though.

Out of interest, is he the only one out of the foreign managers linked that has managed in the Champion's League? I'd say that is a plus point too.

Favre has I think. De Boer too. So no.

Ah, okay.

Well at least he has that over Galtier and Tuchel it seems.

I really like the fact he did so well with developing youth players. My God do we need that.

Out of interest, is he the only one out of the foreign managers linked that has managed in the Champion's League? I'd say that is a plus point too.

Favre has I think. De Boer too. So no.

Ah, okay.

Well at least he has that over Galtier and Tuchel it seems.

I really like the fact he did so well with developing youth players. My God do we need that.

Completely agree, especially at a time in recent history where we actually seem to be producing some players that "could" make it with the right coach in place.

Don't know anything about him other than he isn't pardew and he's getting good reviews.

If the stuff the other day about the decision being left to charnley and carr is true,  I'm massively optimistic ... For the first time in years.

So a kick to the stones is probably incoming.  Damn you hope!