Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

if we get a good manager like this it's imperative he hits the ground running like, if for nothing else than to show the press and wider football world how shite pardew actually was

combined with a palace relegation being the obvious preference

Imagine if the opposite happens though, the media and our idiot fans will be insufferable :anguish:

One fans opinion shouldn't sway an argument, however regarding the feedback we're hearing from media sources, aren't these the same ones that say Pardew did a magnificent job under difficult circumstances? If this is to be more than a rumour I'd like to go through some old footage of Lyons under Garde to decipher if he is the French Pardew as suggested by that poster or that is he is in fact the decent coach depicted by the media.

I live in hope it's the latter, but after a lifetime of Pardew, I don't want a continental Pardew ffs.

It's always nerve-wracking getting a new manager, but out of the possible disaster appointments I'd say we've basically won the lottery.

Agree with Ian here.

Completely agree with you, I'd much rather take a leap of faith than take on another "established" clogger. It's just made more nerve wracking by the fact he's relative unknown and if the Pardew experience has taught me anything it's to believe my eyes and not the opinion of Tom, dick or Harry (not Redknap).

Potentially this could be amazing and I'm happy with that!

if we get a good manager like this it's imperative he hits the ground running like, if for nothing else than to show the press and wider football world how s**** pardew actually was

Shit would be unbearable for a while but as long as we don't sack the bloke we should be ok.

Like with Spurs when everytime they lose Redknapp gets brought up :lol:

if we get a good manager like this it's imperative he hits the ground running like, if for nothing else than to show the press and wider football world how shite pardew actually was

Imagine if the opposite happens though, the media and our idiot fans will be insufferable :anguish:

i can't entertain that possibility

It will be a like scene of Alan Partridge. Warnock is standing there shouting up to Ashley's window. "Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike". "Ashley, Ashley, Ashley, Ashley, I don't think he heard me........Mike, Mike, Mike......MIKE!, Mike, Mike".

if we get a good manager like this it's imperative he hits the ground running like, if for nothing else than to show the press and wider football world how s**** pardew actually was

Especially if he does it with players like Cabella and Anita heavily involved.

God that would be sweeeeeeeeet!

Guest firetotheworks

I know nothing about him but if this is true then I'll be delighted that we're actively making a decision that could conceivably come under the umbrella of professional.

Pretty sorry state of affairs to be happy at your club potentially making an appointment on merit, but small mercies and all that.

f*** it man we've earned the right to even be excited about it considering the f***ing nightmare that was the Pardew years. Even if it goes wrong this little window is the most positive I've felt about the club in years.

Totally agree, the words Pardew and years should never be put together in a sentence like that unless it is about a custodial sentence!

I'm trying not to be too excited because I know how Ashley likes to pull the proverbial rug and Remi Garde is a relative unknown, but fuck it, we deserve it!!

s*** would be unbearable for a while but as long as we don't sack the bloke we should be ok.

Redknapp is their most successful manager in PL history tbf

Is he any good? what is his managment style like.

No. Loves losing loads.

Man, can't people just take 5 minutes to look back through the threads or google his fucking name? Over and over people asking the same stuff over and over.

s*** would be unbearable for a while but as long as we don't sack the bloke we should be ok.

Pardew is our most successful manager in the last 4 years don't ya know?

Needs to have an asterisk next to his name for Gareth Bale* effect.

What a load of s*** that is. Do you just make things up?

Edit: Sorry, missed the PL part. And I'm still annoyed you're trying to mellow the Garde high. :)

If I was someone like Neil Warnock or Alan Curbishley, I'd just travel to cities where managerial changes were happening and just wander around for a bit to see what happens.

:lol:

Could even get a bus load of them together and hold day trips!

"I've just been talking to George Graham in HMV"

"Really? That's weird. I'm sure I just saw David Pleat in Boots."

to Newcastle Guard, that advance

After seeing Christophe Galtier and Steve McLaren, who both declined the proposal, Newcastle has made ​​the French Remi Garde its priority to take the reins of the first team. He has been quote to say "Why aye man mon amis, the job looks fucking belter man, je suis cushdy". The former Gunner, who has never hidden his desire to return to England, began discussions with the Magpies .

If I was someone like Neil Warnock or Alan Curbishley, I'd just travel to cities where managerial changes were happening and just wander around for a bit to see what happens.

:lol:

Could even get a bus load of them together and hold day trips!

"I've just been talking to George Graham in HMV"

"Really? That's weird. I'm sure I just saw David Pleat in Boots."

:lol: :lol: just task them with wandering about at random with their arms by their sides.

http://www.shoot.co.uk/category/news/premier-league/garde-best-for-both-parties/

Having seen Alan Pardew’s departure greeted by a St James’ Park collapse and an FA Cup exit, Newcastle United fans have quickly grown used to the phrase “Be careful what you wish for”.

What many supposed experts have failed to grasp is that while Pardew may now occupy a post at Selhurst Park, his former second-in-command John Carver continues to implement the same tactics on Tyneside.

Other than a Geordie accent, the only significant variance in Carver’s approach appears to be the honesty in his post-match analysis, as he has conceded that United were lucky to take a point at home to Burnley, before branding their Leicester City surrender as “embarrassing”.

Unfortunately, the former Toronto FC chief contributed to his side’s downfall at the King Power Stadium, as the club continued to discard the competition that its foundations were built on.

Resting key men might have been understandable if Newcastle were pulling up trees in the Premier League, but they currently sit tenth, and few fans have been taken in by Carver’s claims that his five top performers all picked up knocks in the two days following the Burnley draw – particularly with the entire quintet expected back this weekend.

As much as he may insist that he loves the club and believes himself capable of the job, there are much better candidates available than the one-time Magpies trainee, and United’s top brass would do well to recognise this opportunity.

Having just received a hefty fee for Pardew, Mike Ashley can afford to take a risk in his next appointment. The limited Londoner had Newcastle sitting comfortably in the Premier League, so there could be exciting times ahead on Tyneside if a talented tactician can get his hands on a squad packed with ability.

Ashley has taken several risks in the past as his sports goods empire has grown and grown, and he has done likewise at St James’ – choosing to cash in on the likes of Andy Carroll, Demba Ba and Yohan Cabaye in the middle of topsy-turvy league campaigns.

Of course, he could play it safe and settle for another straight-forward appointment that will allow him to continue to take the elite division’s television money, but that’s not in his nature, and there could be big rewards in a more left-field appointment.

Many a young, hungry coach would jump at the opportunity to take charge of a club that boasts a grand stadium, an incredible fan-base and a history that saw United as one of the country’s leading lights for many years.

Remi Garde appears to have jumped to the front of the queue, and that could be a move that would suit all parties. United have thrived in the French market, taking players from the fringes of the national squad and selling them on after their form in NE1 has earned them regular international honours and a boosted transfer value, and Garde – having come from Lyon, where stars rarely stick around – seems like the ideal fit.

He also produces a brand of football that would be welcomed on the terraces, and even claimed a pair of trophies in his home country.

As speculation builds and the days wear on, Newcastle supporters are hoping that these rumours will, for once, amount to something.

Decent read.